Default Don't use the DDO store with a full inventory

It will eat your coupon use, without giving you the item. Just a warning.

Edit: looks like it does eventually give the item. Not so bad after all.
    Last edited by ZeebaNeighba; 07-22-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    It will eat your coupon use, without giving you the item. Just a warning.

This happened to me with the rez cake >.<

Not even a relog put it in the inventory than it says you already used the coupon code.

(Was in the middle of posting here, then it hit me that I should let someone else be the first. I can't. Not this time. I'll just let someone else go ahead and do it and laugh about it later.)
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

And here I thought it would have went to a type of overflow bank.
    Xoriat born, Xoriat sworn
    Dwat Motto - Preperation is the mother of good fortune.
    Dharley, Domidar, Sotek, Domia, Drambow, Krispykream, Eulon, Stinkbait, Oleo, Dhapper

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gorstag View Post
    And here I thought it would have went to a type of overflow bank.
    Certainly did for me when I accidentally did that once.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

sell/destroy something and relog.

If that doesnt work, file a bug/ticket. the last time I bought something with a full inv, thats all I had to do to get it.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

If the item wasn't delivered, I would close the client and come back in and see if it was delivered then.

Are you sure delivery wasn't attempted?

Default as always...

wait a bit and check the mail...

Community Member

It may take up to another day to deliver. Store is on a different server, relogging doesn't always force a reset like it does on the play servers.

I had this happen once and it ended up in my mailbox. Now, if you have a full inv AND a full mailbox, maybe a lost cake is Turbine's way of saying you might be a hoarder

Default Make sure to have inventory space available before I go shopping.

"Duh" would seem like the appropriate response.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    "Duh" would seem like the appropriate response.
    Could you be any more annoying?

The OP is posting a legitimate warning and a BUG.

As anyone that's played this game more than a week knows, the potential to overflow your inventory is a fairly common hazard in this game. Usually, it'll go into overflow without consequence. But here is a case where it *might* not.

Knowing this makes checking to be sure you have inventory space when redeeming a free item coupons a necessity.

A consistent overflow mechanic that works as it's supposed to would also accomplish the same goal.

Prior to reading this warning, I certainly wouldn't have worried about the game eating my item or coupon with a full inventory. Now I, and many others, know. Yeah, that's totally deserving of your ridiculous attempt to belittle them.

Nah. I agree with PermaBanned. Seems like pretty common sense to check to see if the box is already full before you try to put anything else in it. In fact, IIRC, there's actually a warning on the DDO Store when you go to buy anything that TELLS you to make sure you have available inventory space.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    In fact, IIRC, there's actually a warning on the DDO Store when you go to buy anything that TELLS you to make sure you have available inventory space.
    And you would be wrong. There is no such warning, suggestion, inference, or notation to indicate otherwise. You don't even know that the item is going to be delivered into your inventory until after you order it. People new to the store shouldn't just assume it happens that way. It could be delivered a number of ways: It could be mailed to them, appear in one of their hands, be dropped on the ground in front of them like a collectible, appear in their bank, be marked for redemption somewhere else in the game, etc. For the record, it's only after you've placed your order that you get a pop-up on your screen and some text in your receipt about where to find it. And, just in case you are curious, there is no warnings about the possibility of a full inventory causing a problem there either.

Also, for the record, I've got not problem with store items going into your inventory. I do have a problem with there being a chance that a full inventory might eat an item someone just bought from the store. The overflow mechanic in DDO appears to be functioning inconsistently in this regard (if the OP and others who have experienced the issue before are to be believed).

Rather than to blame the players for not knowing that there is a *chance* this might happen to them, a more appropriate action would be to place a WARNING at the point of purchase or, better yet, to address the BUG that causes DDO's overflow mechanic to fail or simply not allow players with full inventories to place the order to begin with.

Turbine can't fix a bug they don't know about and Players can't avoid bugs they don't know about. A combination of both submitting a bug report and notifying the community is the most constructive course.

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    And you would be wrong. There is no such warning, suggestion, inference, or notation to indicate otherwise...
    Ok, so I was wrong. I must have confused the message you get after you buy that says "check your inventory". So, yeah, I was mistaken. Apparently I did NOT "recall correctly".

And on that account, I DO agree with you. There SHOULD be a message somewhere, like when you go to checkout, that notifies the player that their purchased item(s) will go into their inventory (excepting the obvious, of course, like quest packs), and to make sure they have the necessary space available.

Community Member

I had a similar problem recently and found the following on the Turbine help site.

http://support.turbine.com/link/port...-Turbine-Store

There should be an icon on your screen to recover the item.

Cheers
    Last edited by Highlander; 07-21-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I had a similar problem recently and found the following on the Turbine help site.
    It sounds like they have some nets and redundancy built in to try to address the issue... but it also sounds like, regardless, some items can fall through the cracks. It would probably be better for it to just check the purchaser's inventory to see that there is enough space before allowing the purchase to complete instead of relying on over-flow, lost-n-found, re-logging, "unredeemed" icon, or an Account Support call. They probably don't want to risk losing a sale because of a full inventory though.

Now that I think about it, I may have seen the "unredeemed" icon mechanic before... maybe back when we were given coupons for guild amenities (due to the guild ship wipes) and I bought a bunch items from the store at once.