Default HElf Barb a feasible choice?

Considering a pure Barbarian, I wonder if a HElf would be feasible on a multi TR. Yes I could splash Fighter or Rogue, there are plenty of builds like that available and everybody else just create a HOrc or WF. Still I wonder if a Rogue/Artificer or even Cleric dilli would be worthwhile in combination with Human Improved Recovery.

Or what else to look for to not be a healers burden but have some self healing options. The Enhancement pass probably even make an Dragonmark Halfling a choice, but actually I not want to wait that long.

Any suggestions and remarks would be welcome.

*EDIT* ahh my keyboard changed my 'b' into a 'd'

PS: I have read the 'The Definitive Guide to Barbarians' thread from Shade, but the recent Updates changed a lot
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 07-20-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Default Bardy Barb Barb

I'm not sure which class you mean. If you were holding a guitar, would you rather play a song, or smash it over someone's head? I think the answer will clear things up.

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,
    This is where we are now. Ride the walrus, or drown in its wake
    Thanks.

The only problem with helf cleric dil on a barb is rage. You'll have to cancel rage every time you want to use a scroll. I think a better way to potentially help this problem is to go either human or helf and max hamp, and to save up several pages of sf potions from a previous life. I'm unsure if helf monk dil could be taken but I've heard that that would give you access to monk hamp as well if it can be done. After all if you aren't raged as a barb you're really a fighter with less feats.

Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlsdown View Post
    I'm not sure which class you mean. If you were holding a guitar, would you rather play a song, or smash it over someone's head? I think the answer will clear things up.
    argh... that evil 'd' at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The only problem with helf cleric dil on a barb is rage. You'll have to cancel rage every time you want to use a scroll. I think a better way to potentially help this problem is to go either human or helf and max hamp, and to save up several pages of sf potions from a previous life. I'm unsure if helf monk dil could be taken but I've heard that that would give you access to monk hamp as well if it can be done. After all if you aren't raged as a barb you're really a fighter with less feats.
    Yes, I was less considering healing while fighting as even if not raged I not want to waste my time casting but actually hitting the mob. As a matter of fact we can take the monk dilli on a Barb even if this is somehow strange. The main question is however if those extra healing Amp is worth the trade-off especially considering one could also get healing amp gear.
    Last edited by SisAmethyst; 07-20-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

if you are dead set on playing helf, I could see cleric dilly useful between fights. I would have a hard time justifying to dismiss rage every time I wanted to switch weapons to equip a wand or scroll and heal up though. I would also have a hard time spending AP on dilly enhancements instead of maximizing my dps. if I were to build a helf barb, I would prefer to go with fighter, rogue or monk but as a helf you can unlock human improved recovery. I don't think it locks out anything on the elf side by doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    Thanks for the reply

argh... that evil 'd' at the end

Yes, I was less considering healing while fighting as even if not raged I not want to waste my time casting but actually hitting the mob. As a matter of fact we can take the monk dilli on a Barb even if this is somehow strange. The main question is however if those extra healing Amp is worth the trade-off especially considering one could also get healing amp gear.
    Depends I guess, are you looking at a barb for a past life or epic build.

In heroics the most you can get would be 10 and 20 on dragontouched. Lets use that as an example.

for a horc lets say you could drink a csw potion and would get 24 hp back as a number from my backside.
    24*1*1.2*1.1 you get 31.68 so probably 32 health back

helf with the monk dil and extra hamp
    24*1.2*1.2*1.2*1.1
    is 45.6192

so over 10 pts more, still pretty small for higher levels so that's where sf potions come in

Those are 250hp a shot

horc =330
    helf =475.2

over 100hp more
    Last edited by Charononus; 07-20-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: corrected my math

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    if you are dead set on playing helf, I could see cleric dilly useful between fights. I would have a hard time justifying to dismiss rage every time I wanted to switch weapons to equip a wand or scroll and heal up though. I would also have a hard time spending AP on dilly enhancements instead of maximizing my dps. if I were to build a helf barb, I would prefer to go with fighter, rogue or monk but as a helf you can unlock human improved recovery. I don't think it locks out anything on the elf side by doing that.
    Ahhh yes, I didn't thought about the fact that a rage may still running while off fight and therefore even not allow to search not to mention heal.

I am not dead set on HElf, but it usually open up certain possibilities on other classes without the need to multiclass. Like the Artificer dilli allow to use a crossbow or increase the UMD. On a Barbarian I was mostly looking on the healing amplification aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Depends I guess, are you looking at a barb for a past life or epic build.

In heroics the most you can get would be 10 and 20 on dragontouched. ...
    I see, thanks for the numbers. While it is not designed to stay long at epics, I desire to go up till level 28 with this before reincarnating again. But I guess in this case I can easily go also with Human instead of HElf and get an extra feat instead.

Should note I just corrected my math a little bit based on information I just got while looking for info on how the pally past life stacks, not a big difference in numbers though.