Default Assassinate is broken again

Quite simple. If you are soloing, you can't conect an Assassinate. When you have summons, hirelings, or a party with you, they work "fine".

I think it is the old bug that deal the damage before the assassinate attempt, so if you are soloing, the attack deal damage, then the mob becomes aware of you, and then your assassinate fails because the mob is agroing you.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Angry

bump.

5 months later, still broken. Assassinate only works if target is attacking someone else.

If you are stealthed, invisible, behind a target's back, (with the target doing nothing) and use it, it fails, 100%.

how about a fix?

Did you have the enhancement toggle Venomed Blades active when you attempted these assassinations?

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    Quite simple. If you are soloing, you can't conect an Assassinate. When you have summons, hirelings, or a party with you, they work "fine".

I think it is the old bug that deal the damage before the assassinate attempt, so if you are soloing, the attack deal damage, then the mob becomes aware of you, and then your assassinate fails because the mob is agroing you.
    This is why Shadar-Kai are so awesome. Their Gloomstalker ability applies a bluff before any other damage, allowing you to assassinate regardless of aggro or venomed blades!

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    Did you have the enhancement toggle Venomed Blades active when you attempted these assassinations?
    Why would this matter?

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBraveheart View Post
    Why would this matter?
    Because that stance seems to apply its damage in a way that makes sneak attacks hard while soloing. Much like the Turbulent Epees did - or maybe they still do?

It's a bug, I suspect, but if the Epees are still broken, I won't hold my breath.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

I'm having this problem on live as well. It's far from ideal (since it limits you to one assassination instead of two) but if you bluff first and time it right so as to finish the bluff in time to assassinate before it can attack you can assassinate based on bluff exposing them to sneak damage regardless of agro. That's worked for me even with envenomed blades on, though I'll try it without tonight to see if it works normally then.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

as others have said. envemoned blades applies damage before assassinate, thus giving you agro and making assassinate not count as a sneak attack and be wasted. bluff makes your attacks sneak attacks no matter what for the next 4-6 seconds if it works, thus meaning even an envenomed assassinate will work. however, simply having envenomed blades off while your soloing would work. Assassinate on its own isnt broken.

This bug existed for a long long time...

As far as I know, the Ravager set which deals 2d6 bleed damage on every hit also applies damage before assassinate.

Thanks god there are devs looking into this issue eventually.