Community Member

Default Toughness vs Vitality

I was under the impression that Toughness was being phased out entirely, replaced by Vitality +XX. However, on a freshly minted Trial by Fire on live, it still has the Toughness enchantment.

Was this supposed to carry over on certain items, or did this just miss the cut? Will the Toughness feat still stack with Vitality (ie on Minos Legens) or is it just a display bug, and in the back-end its the same thing?

Just don't want to waste time farming 20 tapestries if its not going to give me an extra 20 HP

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I was under the impression that Toughness was being phased out entirely, replaced by Vitality +XX. However, on a freshly minted Trial by Fire on live, it still has the Toughness enchantment.

Was this supposed to carry over on certain items, or did this just miss the cut? Will the Toughness feat still stack with Vitality (ie on Minos Legens) or is it just a display bug, and in the back-end its the same thing?

Just don't want to waste time farming 20 tapestries if its not going to give me an extra 20 HP
    I thought Toughness Enhancements (for many classes/races) were the only thing going the way of the dinosaur. At least that was what I seen in the preview.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

The Toughness item effect was replaced by the Vitality item effect, it was applied retroactively to existing items.

If you've found an item that still has it then it's a bug, I'd be surprised if it stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    The Toughness item effect was replaced by the Vitality item effect, it was applied retroactively to existing items.

If you've found an item that still has it then it's a bug, I'd be surprised if it stacked.
    I noticed the Toughness effect on my old Trial By Fire (rune arm, for anyone unfamiliar) the other day, too. Didn't occur to me that it should've been replaced by vitality.
    Wasn't the vitality effect added to items by way of an augment crystal? Perhaps there was some issue with adding an augment to a (craftable) rune arm? Min level shenanigans, perhaps?
    Wouldn't be the first time an item has been "forgotten" during a change though, either way.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Urist View Post
    I noticed the Toughness effect on my old Trial By Fire (rune arm, for anyone unfamiliar) the other day, too. Didn't occur to me that it should've been replaced by vitality.
    Wasn't the vitality effect added to items by way of an augment crystal? Perhaps there was some issue with adding an augment to a (craftable) rune arm? Min level shenanigans, perhaps?
    Wouldn't be the first time an item has been "forgotten" during a change though, either way.
    It was done that way for Minos Legens, but other items (Arkat's Cord, ie) have it as an innate property, so it occurs in both flavors.