Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The DDO Chronicle: Issue 53 is now available!

Don't forget to leave your reply to the Chronicle Comment below! A winner will be selected after Noon Eastern on Friday, July 26th. Good luck!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Don't forget to leave your reply to the Chronicle Comment below! A winner will be selected after Noon Eastern on Friday, July 26th. Good luck!
    If you could be paid to play Dungeons & Dragons Online every day, what would you want your job to be?
    Tour Guide and New Player helper... man the Uurlock Kiosk in the Harbor by the lighthouse!

"Good morning, and welcome to the first-timers elite Pit tour. On our left, we have the startup valve that sprays you with acid . . ."
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

DDO Bonus Days brings you +20% Challenge Rewards, now through July 21st!
    Quote Originally Posted by DDO Chronicle
    In the News!
    • DDO Bonus Days brings you +20% Guild Renown, now through July 21st!
    OMG I don't know what's right anymore!!!!!
    Main Forum Account Status: Being Fixed!

"If you could be paid to play Dungeons & Dragons Online every day, what would you want your job to be?"

Dancing underwear model
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Definitelly new player guide. I would open Normal LFMs all day and explain everything in detail to new players.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Varinox View Post
    OMG I don't know what's right anymore!!!!!
    Challenge Rewards is correct. I've now corrected the Chronicle.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

"If you could be paid to play Dungeons & Dragons Online every day, what would you want your job to be?"

I would very much like to be paid to be a Player Liaison. A player that plays the game, and mixes with other players, and brings the barometer and pulse of players' thoughts and concerns to the DDO dev team and DDO management.*

* - This would have to transpire in a method that prevents Turbine from discounting and ignoring player concerns.

Sully Van Grogs assistant definitely. That guy gets the income from every single guild on every single server. Payment for standing next to him would be ridiculously high.
    Last edited by Ebergar; 07-20-2013 at 03:56 AM.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

I would hang out in Korthos and the Harbor dispensing advice and loot and showing newbies the ropes.

"Giving attacks the selfishness inside us." - Alan Cova

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

My serious response: I'd make a great in-game GM or tech support helper, and I'd only ask a modest pay to do it especially if I could do it from my home office.

Somewhat less serious response: Tourguide especially for the lesser known and obscure corners of DDO.

Even less serious: I would love to mail random gifts to people. Marketplace Jester perhaps...

I'd go with "Testing to Destruction."

Basically, see how far a new mechanic can be pushed before it goes into game-breaking territory.

Also, it could be extended to GMs. See how many complaints they can handle before they break down.
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

Teach people how to zerg, build characters to be streamroll EEs and self heal! I remember first time a newb asked me 'how can you do this so easily?' and it was a very nice sensation. Well i teached some things to him now he is a vet!

question: If you could be paid to play Dungeons & Dragons Online every day, what would you want your job to be?

answer: to play ddo each day...
    id make a horrible ingame GM dont like rules id give people what they asked for or quit rather quickly
    id be a horrible zerg teacher, im zergish but im only halfway the way of what the truely effective zergs are
    id be a horrible new player advisor, not a good listener at all

so my answer is anyting other then just playing ddo has little to no interest to me but id definitly take pay to continue playing ddo as i am now thank you very much

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Default I Don't Understand the Question...

What do you mean? I'm getting paid to play - isn't *THAT* my job (playing)?
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

I'd like Turbine to pay me to walk around with a magic lag stick. People who can teach me something, or who listen when I have something to teach, and who generally know how to have fun get smacked by the good end of the stick and never lag again. People who throw tantrums or who sneer a lot get the nasty end of the stick and find themselves rubberbanded into oblivion.

Oh, and how about Turbine pays me every time I burn a raid timer bypass? And I'd like to get a $1,000 bonus every time I get skunked by a raid chest. Or by any chest I've farmed more than four weeks.
    Bartylomaos and Fwelcyr, of Orien's Forever Knights
    Lag got you down? Do what I do and bring along a good book to read while playing DDO.

Community Member

Default If I could get paid for playing DDO

I would have a low level character and help out all the new players, and maybe give some starter gear to help them out a little bit.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

If I'd be paid for playing DDO, I would set multibox and place ugly dwarves dancing in the leaves of forest in multiple public locations, at the same time.

Everywhere you go, no save blindness spell.

If you could be paid to play Dungeons & Dragons Online every day, what would you want your job to be?
    I would be a professional raid teacher. I would learn every trick to all the hard raids and hold daily lessons on each raid in order, taking absolutely anyone that was level-appropriate for the raid. I would take my time and teach anyone that wanted to learn how to win the raids and how everything worked together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Founder

I'm glad that Hazelnut got a link in the Chronicle

If I could be paid to play DDO, I would want to answer Advice questions, help new players out with quests, and test whatever systems Turbine needed to be tested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast