Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    LFM's allow you to specify level range already.
    as previously stated, I was referring to the tendency some players have to click on parties although they (the players) are not in the appropriate level range as specified in the LFM.
    I think that if the LFM specifically flags the group as a BB group, players that do not qualify for BB should receive an automatic decline.

worth mentioning that there is currently a problem (bug?) where if you level, the LFMs don't update instantly to account for your new level, so for a while the LFMs are still shown in a manner appropriate to your old level.
    so while we're talking LFM improvements, fixing this would be one of them.
    Last edited by Lauf; 07-22-2013 at 12:31 AM.

My suggestion would be to remove the public group feature. Aside from that I have no issues with the LFM, it's the best I've seen.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    My suggestion would be to remove the public group feature. Aside from that I have no issues with the LFM, it's the best I've seen.
    What specifically do you not like about the Public Group feature?

Add a visual affect to the LFM 'quest name/area' panel like + - /
    (or some new symbols, do not use colors for the color blind)
    + means your flagged and have quest
    - means your flagged and do no have quest
    / means not flagged for this quest

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    Add a visual affect to the LFM 'quest name/area' panel like + - /
    (or some new symbols, do not use colors for the color blind)
    + means your flagged and have quest
    - means your flagged and do no have quest
    / means not flagged for this quest
    Good idea, added.

Founder

I had so many good suggestions that I rearranged the Sections for clarity.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

Quote Originally Posted by eden2760 View Post
    Does LFG even get used? I check the LFG occasionally and I think I've seen maybe three or four people post LFG on their who ever since I've been playing (about 4 years now).
    I use it all the time. The quests you see up are generally the ones that don't fill for 20-30 minutes because they say things like:

1. favor run, no xp
    2. no bb
    3. need guide
    4. need healer

The rest tend to fill rather quickly, at least on the Thelanis server.

I don't think it'd do any good to add a bunch of clutter to the LFM simply because the people who "shouldn't" be joining a given group don't read the LFM anyway. It's easy enough to weed out the clueless by simply waiting until they ask "wat qest u do??" or similar. If they can't be bothered to read what's already in the LFM panel, adding more stuff is not going to help unless the game hides the LFM panel and then pops up a mandatory questionnaire that says:

"select all the listed conditions that apply to this group"
    byoh
    know it
    elite
    self-sufficient

etc. etc. etc. And that'd annoy ANYONE.

Basically, the system cannot replace using your own judgment.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Basically, the system cannot replace using your own judgment.
    "Using your own judgment" doesn't address the idea of adding abbreviations like BB to the tool, instead of being typed into the Comment box. That way a tooltip can be added to the abbreviation to explain it to new players, etc.

Emotive Terms like Zerg or Flower Sniffer should probably NOT be used by Turbine - Especially as they have so many different meanings just on these forums!

What I'd like to see on a Player's Options Page for LFMs:

1. A List of Terms applicable to that character {and ONLY that character - NOT the entire account!} for Party Leaders to see when you hit their LFM:

-Newbie/Veteran
    -TR and #
    -Explorer
    -Elite Opener
    -People Person
    -Voice Active/Not Voice Active

2. A List of Terms applicable to that character and ONLY that character for Potential Party Members to see before they hit your LFM:

-Know It
    -All Welcome
    -BYOHeals
    -Have Ears
    -Self Sufficient
    etc.

Check as many as you like!

Now Check Boxes for ALL Parties:

1. Deny ALL Hirelings OR Approval required by Leader
    No need for Allow Hirelings as this would be the standard!

2. ONLY I the LEADER can OPEN this QUEST!
    Nothing gets my back up more than someone joining a group then jumping straight into the quest!

3. Auto Deny Anyone not in Level Range Specified on LFM

And lastly:

The Squelch System is BROKEN!

I've on multiple occasions joined Parties only to find that the Leader's not responding to anything I write/say!
    ACTUALLY
    He/She IS Responding - I just can't see it because I have him/her Squelched!

WHY DEVS CAN I EVEN JOIN THIS GROUP?
    I have the leader squelched for a reason BUT I DON'T have to remember that Leader's Name - That's what the List's there for in the first place!

If nothing else - At least send me a Notification upon Hitting said LFM that "I Might want to Unsquelch the Party Leader"

Oh and Said Squelch List has other issues:

1. Why is it NOT in ANY Order?
    It's Not Alphabetical
    It's Not by time squelched
    it has NO order whatsoever!

EXAMPLE ISSUE:
    Two years ago I was running at low levels on multiple servers!
    I spent a lot of time in the Harbour and Squelched Numerous PvPers for trash talkingfor HOURS ON END in General Chat!

In NO WAY did this mean I wasn't willing to ever run with them again BUT I had no way of remembering who had been squelched for more serious reasons and who for simple PvP trash talking!

2. Why is everyone you report automatically squelched?
    Just because someone's said something worth reporting DOES NOT = I Never want to run with that person EVER again!

And in the case of at least one notorious person - If I can't see what he's typing then I can't report him for typing it!

And ANOTHER Point: You have no idea what the heck's going on in a certain channel half the time if you have this person squelched

For 2 years plus I was able to check MyDDO regularly and Unsquelch anyone who had gone Inactive {yes I know MyDDO certainly wasn't infallible in this regard BUT issues never arose with anyone I'd removed returning!

Now I no longer have this option and as such I deleted my ENTIRE Squelch list and started afresh!

Oh and as for the Report Functions:

TWO CHOICES!
    That's ALL YOU GIVE US?

Report Spam {Very rarely used} and Report Harassment {Overused as it's the only remotely viable option!}.

Yes I realise you can use the Report Tool in Help {But why then does the Right Click Report Option NOT send you to this page?}

REMOVE the two options on Right Click Player's Name and REPLACE with:
    Report - Sends you to Help Report Page!

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Emotive Terms like Zerg or Flower Sniffer should probably NOT be used by Turbine - Especially as they have so many different meanings just on these forums!
    The comment box will still be there if people either don't want to use the "standard" term or want to use it and clarify it for their own party.

What I'd like to see on a Player's Options Page for LFMs:

1. A List of Terms applicable to that character {and ONLY that character - NOT the entire account!} for Party Leaders to see when you hit their LFM:

-Newbie/Veteran
    -TR and #
    -Explorer
    -Elite Opener
    -People Person
    -Voice Active/Not Voice Active
    So, a "bio" of that character. What will define "people person" and "newbie / veteran"?

2. A List of Terms applicable to that character and ONLY that character for Potential Party Members to see before they hit your LFM:

-Know It
    -All Welcome
    -BYOHeals
    -Have Ears
    -Self Sufficient
    etc.
    I have some of these already in the OP. "Have Ears" is a good idea to add. Since these are terms set by the person creating the LFM, I don't know what you mean by "applicable to that character and ONLY that character".

Now Check Boxes for ALL Parties:

1. Deny ALL Hirelings OR Approval required by Leader
    No need for Allow Hirelings as this would be the standard!

2. ONLY I the LEADER can OPEN this QUEST!
    Nothing gets my back up more than someone joining a group then jumping straight into the quest!

3. Auto Deny Anyone not in Level Range Specified on LFM
    #1 is already in the OP, #2 and 3 are good ideas to add.

The Squelch System is BROKEN!

<Stuff about Squelch>
    Good points. Thanks for all the input. I will be editing the OP

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    So, a "bio" of that character. What will define "people person" and "newbie / veteran"?
    People Person = Not gonna rag on you if you're a bit wet behind the ears.

More - Laid Back/Easygoing
    Than - Gonna talk your backside off!

Newbie/Vet should be obvious to most players - Hey if a Newbie lies and says he/she's a Vet well chances are they're gonna get found out fast.
    If a Vet pretends to be a Newbie - Who cares?

You can still check neither - Basically saying you're somewhere in between the two.

I have some of these already in the OP. "Have Ears" is a good idea to add. Since these are terms set by the person creating the LFM, I don't know what you mean by "applicable to that character and ONLY that character".
    Applicable to that character and ONLY that Character = Hey I've got 20+ Characters and I play differently on some than others so I'd prefer NOT to have to change my options every single time I alt thank you very much!

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    People Person = Not gonna rag on you if you're a bit wet behind the ears.

More - Laid Back/Easygoing
    Than - Gonna talk your backside off!

Newbie/Vet should be obvious to most players - Hey if a Newbie lies and says he/she's a Vet well chances are they're gonna get found out fast.
    If a Vet pretends to be a Newbie - Who cares?

You can still check neither - Basically saying you're somewhere in between the two.
    Ok, so you're saying that the player will make their own bio. My question was trying to determine where the info would come from.

Applicable to that character and ONLY that Character = Hey I've got 20+ Characters and I play differently on some than others so I'd prefer NOT to have to change my options every single time I alt thank you very much!
    Got it, you want a "LFM Preferences" file for each of your characters.

I´ve proposed very similar modifications to the LFM on one of those "nobody is pugging" threads.

Totally supported! The more information, the less discrepancies in playing styles and the more justification to boot someone if he didn´t stand by the lfm criteria.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Nahiz View Post
    I´ve proposed very similar modifications to the LFM on one of those "nobody is pugging" threads.

Totally supported! The more information, the less discrepancies in playing styles and the more justification to boot someone if he didn´t stand by the lfm criteria.
    Thanks for the support!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nahiz View Post
    The more information, the less discrepancies in playing styles and the more justification to boot someone if he didn´t stand by the lfm criteria.
    Yup, just that makes it worthwhile I think. I for one have trouble kicking people out even if they're not at the right place. I'm tempted to because I know I would possibly have more fun without turtles or people dying constantly that I have to go pick up and rez which makes my teeth grind sometimes when it just keep happening... but I can't because I have no idea where they're coming from. Now if I knew they would fully understand what they got into, I think that problem would be solved.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Awesome ideas!
    1) In the options for the LFM, add a "No Spoilers" option to indicate you want to do a quest without someone running ahead to do the quest for you, tell you that there's a trap or big fight coming up, etc.
    2) I would recommend replacing the "flower sniffing" option with, "Taking time". Flower sniffing just has a negative connotation to it.
    3) You could add an optionals section, where you could select, "All Optionals", "Some Optionals" and "No Optionals". This always is a question when people join a group of whether the group is going to optionals.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmeth View Post
    Awesome ideas!
    1) In the options for the LFM, add a "No Spoilers" option to indicate you want to do a quest without someone running ahead to do the quest for you, tell you that there's a trap or big fight coming up, etc.
    2) I would recommend replacing the "flower sniffing" option with, "Taking time". Flower sniffing just has a negative connotation to it.
    3) You could add an optionals section, where you could select, "All Optionals", "Some Optionals" and "No Optionals". This always is a question when people join a group of whether the group is going to optionals.
    1 - In Section 2 I have a "rating" suggestion to indicate what "level of play" the quest is being run. The "Teaching Run" would cover your suggestion. However if it was decided not to use the "rating" then that should definitely be added to the selectible options.

Good ideas - thanks!

Founder

Silly forums made a duplicate
    Last edited by HAL; 07-26-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Default Information is key

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    Yup, just that makes it worthwhile I think. I for one have trouble kicking people out even if they're not at the right place. I'm tempted to because I know I would possibly have more fun without turtles or people dying constantly that I have to go pick up and rez which makes my teeth grind sometimes when it just keep happening... but I can't because I have no idea where they're coming from. Now if I knew they would fully understand what they got into, I think that problem would be solved.
    And it serves both ways! I hate it when someone runs ahead on my pug spoiling all the fun for the rest of us casual players.

What specifically do you not like about the Public Group feature?
    1- It is responsible for the extremely annoying ghost lfm's.
    2- The groups seem to be usually noobs, so every time I log in the first thing I do is turn off the public lfms from my list. Just an extra annoying step I have to go through.
    3- I dislike the idea of teleporting to a quest. People should learn where the quests are and this game world is not so big that running to a quest is really an issue. With a few exceptions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast