Default A minor request to those posting LFMs

Please take the 3 seconds to select the quest from the list of quests if available so it shows up on the LFM page. If you're ip I won't have to send you a tell asking how long you've been in as it will show up on your listing.

It's also nice because it shows the level, who grants the quest, where the entrance is, and the difficulty for those that might not know these things.

I've seen more than one LFM lately that just says "Elite BB" in the comments line and nothing in the quest box. Makes it kinda hard to determine what's going on.

ty

People still send me tells asking how far am I in, even though its in the lfm for how long the quest has been active.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Sure, as soon as there is search bar added and no need to scroll through 200-300 quests.

Community Member

Agreed that this would be nice, but I have no illusions that people will start to to this all the time. Especially not until turbine sticks a simple search feature in the lfm panel for quickly finding quests.

I personally select the quest not for any of the reasons listed by OP, but simply because it usually keeps people who don't have the pack from joining my groups. If a non VIP doesn't have a pack, there is a big " buy this quest" or something like that in the lfm panel.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Sure, as soon as there is search bar added and no need to scroll through 200-300 quests.
    Haha! That's some true lazyness. Didn't know this could really prevent someone from posting the quests. It's not that hard to scroll to the right level... then 200-300 become 10-30. You can even do it while you autorun.

Anyway, I just found this amusing, you do whatever you want to do. Or in this case... don't do.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    What server are you one? Cannith rarely has more than 30. And if you click the box that only shows your level quests, it's usually somewhere between 0-4.

Community Member

@OP:

In my experience, LFM's that say only "Elite BB" are for groups running multiple quests at a given level. Also, they often don't mind repeating a quest that a late joiner hasn't yet run.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    What server are you one? Cannith rarely has more than 30. And if you click the box that only shows your level quests, it's usually somewhere between 0-4.
    He means when you put up lfm and look for quests, not looking on lfm panel for groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    Haha! That's some true lazyness. Didn't know this could really prevent someone from posting the quests. It's not that hard to scroll to the right level... then 200-300 become 10-30. You can even do it while you autorun.

Anyway, I just found this amusing, you do whatever you want to do. Or in this case... don't do.
    Is it hard to look for the quest on the wiki?
    Can also do it while you autorun.

Default It is to keep you out...

There are many quests I don't feel like running with people who don't know them, unless I'm in a teaching mood. If someone has to ask where Littany is, or Wiz King, or GoP or whatever on my Elite; BYOH; IP; No Gnomes LFMs, I'm pretty certain I don't want them. I'll often offer to come run one with them after my BB run...

It is a filter, people...

[exit elitist pwick mood now]
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    People still send me tells asking how far am I in, even though its in the lfm for how long the quest has been active.
    OK...Example for you from yesterday:

I'd just finished PoP and the group had split - I was sitting in GH having repaired and looked at the LFM!

There was a Maze Of Madness up {One Player - the Leader in group} which had a time of 12 Minutes on it!

So I sent that Player a tell asking if they were doing multiple runs - The answer comes back "No"
    So I send a second tell - Have I got time to make it to quest before you complete - "Yes"
    Hit LFM and start running!

If that LFM had simply said Elite BB IP with NO Quest marked:
    1. I wouldn't have known how long the leader had been in Maze {I could have moused over player's name to see where he/she was though}.
    2. Having seen he/she was in the quest already and knowing that this is a short quest comparatively I simply wouldn't have bothered even sending a tell OR hitting the LFM!

Maze of Madness is actually {in my opinion} a very good example of a quest that can take vastly different amounts of time to complete dependant on the player!
    With a time of 12 Minutes IP showing I feel that a simple tell to ask whether it's even worth hitting the LFM is worth it!

Community Member Culver.Civello's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post

I am actually inclined to agree with him. Usually if I'm getting ready for a quest, I'm already doing some multitasking as it is. I mean, I usually try to put it up anyways, but it would be so much more simple to have a search bar on it and type and go rather than having to rummage through the list to find what you are trying to do next, while gathering ship buffs, talking to your "homies", and if you are like me and extremely OCD about your Inventory, straitening that up before getting started so your looted junk doesn't get mixed in with other stuff.

lolz. Call me lazy if you want... but it would be nice.

Lost Legions of Sarlona................................. Tyrs Paladium of Ghallanda
    Kobay . Kobai . Artisti . Kobot . Ezike . Dynic.......................... Ezike . Kobai