Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!
    Posts
    443

    Default The Official What Goes Up (Storm Horns) Loot Thread!

    Use this thread to discuss items found in the Storm Horns Quest: What Goes Up.

    End and Optional Chests' Named Items:



    Goatskin Boots (Boots)
    Heroic Normal
    • Speed VIII
    • Empty Yellow Augment Slot

    Heroic Hard
    • Speed X
    • Empty Yellow Augment Slot

    Heroic Elite
    • Speed XI
    • Empty Green Augment Slot

    Epic Normal
    • Speed XII
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot

    Epic Hard
    • Speed XIV
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot

    Epic Elite
    • Speed XV
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot
    • Empty Colorless Augment Slot





    Prismatic Cloak (Cloak)
    Heroic Normal
    • Elemental Absorption – 16% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot

    Heroic Hard
    • Elemental Absorption – 18% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot

    Heroic Elite
    • Elemental Absorption – 20% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot

    Epic Normal
    • Elemental Absorption – 26% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot

    Epic Hard
    • Elemental Absorption – 28% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot

    Epic Elite
    • Elemental Absorption – 30% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
    • Random Effect
    • Empty Green Augment Slot
    Last edited by SqueakofDoom; 08-05-2013 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Surveys!
    Surveys are AWESOME!
    Bug Things! We like bugs! ... well not really, bugs are bad, but we like to know about them!
    Copy your Character or make a new one using the handy tools available in the Test Dojo.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Them EE boots wont be too bad as long as the secondary *random* effect comes in some decent varieties.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  4. #4
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Dandonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,277

    Default

    More random effects
    It's definitely an N-word.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery Antiguo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Colorless on EE? really?

  6. #6
    Community Member maddmatt70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,690

    Default

    So are the devs nerfing haste or what? Keep seeing speed bonus items??
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    South Island, NZ
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    So are the devs nerfing haste or what? Keep seeing speed bonus items??
    Nope they buffed it, it now gives 1% Dodge instead of 1 AC.

    On a serious note, I don't really see it as a nerf, more of a change to how you want to use it. Eg. more of a personal buff in Epic Levels than one that is required for all your party members. As an Arcane or Bard you won't have to slot one of these speed items, of course all melee will feel obliged too though lol, although there is a feat that gives the same effect i believe, so it may become a toss up between a gear slot or a feat for most melee.
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

  8. #8

    Default

    Not a terrible set of boots but I don't know - less augments then what we have from GH and other then speed it comes with a random effect that can be surpassed by either random loot or even augments.

    It just feels like it misses the mark and what we're looking at is easy to get gear for new iconic players.

  9. #9
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,747

    Default

    I don't understand...Goatskin boots should have Str 11. Not str 8...we get that **** on a helm right now. The speed XV is just a convenience thing at best, since a simple haste potion covers that.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  10. #10
    Community Member ~rex_havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10

    Default rare augments?

    any chance that special augments show up as loot. augments with two effects or higher then normal?
    Have all this raid gear and would love not to keep changing it. but special augments i could keep earlier gear and slot something nice on to it.
    U don't have to run faster then the mobs just faster then your friends

  11. #11
    Community Member DogMania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Near Dover ,England
    Posts
    596

    Default

    So I am presuming that as you only listed 2 items there are only 2 quests in the Storm Horns?

  12. #12
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    So I am presuming that as you only listed 2 items there are only 2 quests in the Storm Horns?
    I count 5 separate threads so I am assuming there's 5 quests.

  13. #13
    Community Member redspecter23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    3,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    I don't understand...Goatskin boots should have Str 11. Not str 8...we get that **** on a helm right now. The speed XV is just a convenience thing at best, since a simple haste potion covers that.
    I think plenty of players would be quite happy to not have to chug hast pots ever again. Stopping every 30 seconds to chug a pot increases micromanagement of buffs on a toon. It all adds up. Tensers every minute, Displacement every 30 seconds, Haste every 30 seconds, etc. At some point you are losing dps to keep all these buffs up. Taking one of these buffs out of the equation can make things easier to manage and keep dps maxed longer and with less stopping and buffing.

    I think items like this are great if the opportunity cost isn't too high. If the random effects are decent, you could potentially have a nice effect consolidator on your hands. I agree that 8 str on a level 28 item is a garbage effect. At absolute minimum, it should be 9 str as that's what you can augment. It should probably be even higher than that as augments are traditionally lower than you can find on the same level gear. I was almost coming around on these random effects, but if they're going to be a collection of lackluster low tier abilities, then they might as well just be another augment slot.

    I guess my point is, if you can slot permahaste without giving up anything important then it's a great addition to reduce buff micromanagement. If you're giving up a top tier item for it, you have to question your gains against what you're giving up. Permahaste will be available in enough different slots after the expansion that I'd imagine most builds will be able to fit one in, even if it's just a swap in for certain fights with debuffers or when no arcane is around.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

  14. #14
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    more lazy crafted named random shtuff.

    It is sad that the pure random drops excite me more than these named items.

    Quest once or twice for favor then back to random chest farms.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

  15. #15
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I think plenty of players would be quite happy to not have to chug hast pots ever again. Stopping every 30 seconds to chug a pot increases micromanagement of buffs on a toon. It all adds up. Tensers every minute, Displacement every 30 seconds, Haste every 30 seconds, etc. At some point you are losing dps to keep all these buffs up. Taking one of these buffs out of the equation can make things easier to manage and keep dps maxed longer and with less stopping and buffing.

    I think items like this are great if the opportunity cost isn't too high. If the random effects are decent, you could potentially have a nice effect consolidator on your hands. I agree that 8 str on a level 28 item is a garbage effect. At absolute minimum, it should be 9 str as that's what you can augment. It should probably be even higher than that as augments are traditionally lower than you can find on the same level gear. I was almost coming around on these random effects, but if they're going to be a collection of lackluster low tier abilities, then they might as well just be another augment slot.

    I guess my point is, if you can slot permahaste without giving up anything important then it's a great addition to reduce buff micromanagement. If you're giving up a top tier item for it, you have to question your gains against what you're giving up. Permahaste will be available in enough different slots after the expansion that I'd imagine most builds will be able to fit one in, even if it's just a swap in for certain fights with debuffers or when no arcane is around.
    I agree that removing haste is a pretty nice improvement, that's what I was going for when I called it a convenience thing.

    I guess my problem is that you can already get perma haste (except the reflex and ac part of it) off a jorg collar, and now they're giving it to us as a feat too.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  16. #16
    Community Member LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,846

    Default

    The boots are nice, am wondering if they stack with the new feat or not.

    One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

  17. #17
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    The boots are nice, am wondering if they stack with the new feat or not.
    There is no need to even check in game. They don't stack or everyone and their mom would take the feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ShangHai
    Posts
    148

    Default

    well this EE pair of boots may have a place of my gear if they have 3 insightful DEX/8 DEX on.

    still,i noticed that +10/+11 stats already appeared on some of the new loots,maybe the 8DEX on EE lv28 named loot is a little shaggy?
    IGN Manasdirge; guild:excalibur

  19. #19
    Community Member Atremus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aegis
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Please add Ghostly to these boots
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

    “A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

  20. #20
    Community Member Wizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Please add SOMETHING to these boots
    Ftfy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

    *maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload