Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    If there were other focus versions (and let's face it, pretty much any other focus would be btter than Illusion, especially for the end game) and any stat for casters that use the focus were on the gloves, it would at least be viable. However, since Squeak only posted several gloves of pretty much the same thing, I think it's safe to say that there will be no other types of focus on gloves. You just have to look at other gear posted by Squeak (for example, the cloaks in this thread) to see that the same item with a different non-random effect were posted in the various threads.
    Kinda ironic that an item that would have been nice in various different styles is one of the only items that does not have random mutations on it.

Illusion/Necro/Evocation/Conjuration + Int/Cha would have felt a bit more like the dragon helms which were more liked than the randomness on the items seen so far for the expansion
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Kinda ironic that an item that would have been nice in various different styles is one of the only items that does not have random mutations on it.

Illusion/Necro/Evocation/Conjuration + Int/Cha would have felt a bit more like the dragon helms which were more liked than the randomness on the items seen so far for the expansion
    Agreed, except I'd include Wis for any Necro/Evocation/Conjuration version, so Divine casters could get some gear. And hasn't there been a huge outcry about the lack of Divine gear for the past few years. This would help.

But yes, it's really ironic that the one piece of gear that seemed to be designed without a dartboard, actually needed the dartboard.

Community Member

8 int on level 19 item?!? and 11 on level 28 (level 25 items only have 8stat bonus/non epic items 6 max/colourless slot 6 on level 20, 8 on level 28) and you have high bonus to phantasmall killer DC. You give too much stats on new items just to be more attractive.

A +8 Int. item at level 19?

So at this point is the idea to just completely throw out every old piece of loot made in the game as the current loot dev wants to waste the work of years of other loot developers?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Community Member

im hoping that this is just 1 example of a pair of gloves out of a set of many just like it. and im hoping these are named thusly:

Gloves of the Master Illusionist
    Gloves of the Master Conjurer
    Gloves of the Master Necromancer
    Gloves of the Master Enchanter
    Gloves of the Master Invoker

in that case, well done.

if gloves of the master illusionist is all u got, no ty. id rather use my glove slot as a hp/enervate gs item than slot illusion stuff.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    A +8 Int. item at level 19?

So at this point is the idea to just completely throw out every old piece of loot made in the game as the current loot dev wants to waste the work of years of other loot developers?
    Yeah, the stat-flation here immediately caught my eye. We are currently seeing +8 stat items on live. With raising of level cap and new content we should maybe be seeing some items with +9 to a stat. Where in the world is the +11 coming from? There's lots of items from current content I might consider equipping just for the +8 although the items overall aren't that spectacular. +11 makes a whole lot of current +8 items completely obsolete, whereas a +9 wouldn't necessarily do that.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

+8 at level 19? +7 at level 17?
    ILLUSION bonus?

The cloak is nice, but the gloves are a joke.

The Goggles from the "A Break In The Ice" epic Reward are missing on DDO-Wiki. I got a pair today:

Sage's Spectacles Goggles - Heroic (ML 19): Intelligence +8, Combustion +84, BtCoA

Sage's Spectacles Goggles - Epic (ML 27): Intelligence +9, Combustion +132, Fire Lore 18%, Colorless Slott, BtCoA

I was hoping for at least INT+10, how can MinLevel +8 only get me +1 INT?

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    The Goggles from the "A Break In The Ice" epic Reward are missing on DDO-Wiki. I got a pair today:

Sage's Spectacles Goggles - Heroic (ML 19): Intelligence +8, Combustion +84, BtCoA

Sage's Spectacles Goggles - Epic (ML 27): Intelligence +9, Combustion +132, Fire Lore 18%, Colorless Slott, BtCoA

I was hoping for at least INT+10, how can MinLevel +8 only get me +1 INT?
    Get a pair of the heroics and you'll be even more annoyed. While the stats are otherwise accurate, the wiki isn't quite right about their ML. The epics are more like... umm... MinLevel +12.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12