Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Erm... +1 on a ML 28 item? Really? What, is this a joke or something? I hope you are implementing something that will make the items actually usable after some ritual, or crafting recipe, or a set, or anything at all. Because nobody needs an item like that, unless some major change we haven't heard of is on the way.

Btw, is FoS still doing items?

Ok, that has got to be a broken item.

Seems clear that this was yet another quick push to get things out of the door.

Sad thing for us it's unfinished.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Svartelric View Post
    Erm... +1 on a ML 28 item? Really? What, is this a joke or something? I hope you are implementing something that will make the items actually usable after some ritual, or crafting recipe, or a set, or anything at all. Because nobody needs an item like that, unless some major change we haven't heard of is on the way.

Btw, is FoS still doing items?
    Read the flavor text.... "It's not the weapon but the wielder"

Sooooooo, It's a swap item for wizards/sorcs that have an orb in one hand, this in the other, and need to run through a trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Read the flavor text.... "It's not the weapon but the wielder"

Sooooooo, It's a swap item for wizards/sorcs that have an orb in one hand, this in the other, and need to run through a trap.

Then why does it have a red augment slot and why is the secondary thingy on the weapon doing damage as well?

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!

The +1 enhancement sounds like a thematic thing - this is supposed to represent the "off-hand defensive weapon" of the classic swashbuckler that's used more for parrying than fighting.

Which is a fun bit of roleplaying... at the expense of almost any real utility given the way two-weapon fighting works in this game.
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Community Member

The Enigma that Devs could solve with two words.
    Bug. Or not bug.
    But they as usual are silent.

Thanks for the post Squeak,

Please put some more food and water in that cage, seems like that weapons design monky is running high on fever (or crack XD)

seriously, for its (epic) level its terrible weak, a drow weapon master item would be stronger then this:
    longsword of the drow weapon master
    and even this longsword pales compaired to the drow weapon master kopesh.
    and these can be picked up at lv 21!
    please take the suggestions at heart and stop this random named loot, it simply doesn't work.

named loot, as the name implies, should be special, ranging from good to funy but useless

I can only assume that its too late to abbandon this course for this expansion pack but for future work, please return to propper named items.
    A year after the expansion the underdark is deserted, usualy run for its loot, flagging and ED exp farming (and only 2 drow city quests at best).
    After most people have left behind this expansion(no propper named loot, no raid, no good exp etc) this pack will be at the bottom of the lfm barrel, togheter with 3 barrel cove and the underdark pack. not a pretty sight for newcommers.

Community Member

ok those loose **** are not ever going to replace my pair of tier 4 celestia.
    IGN Manasdirge; guild:excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Not only that, but rapiers with 19-20/x2 crit ranges...
    Yeah, what is up with that? Why are the crit-ranges wrong? Is that just a mistake? Or is that on purpose? And if so, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Why look at that! You are right. The Rapier is actually a Longsword. I've updated the OP, and bugged the name! Thank you!
    Ah, okay... so it's a longsword...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Yeah, what is up with that? Why are the crit-ranges wrong? Is that just a mistake? Or is that on purpose? And if so, why?
    It also has slash damage.

More and more reason to believe this whole pack is a rushjob as far as items go.

Community Member

Its rumored that you can roll up a fresh level 1 toon, have that Riposte sword in your backpack after acquiring it from the AH for next to nothing, slip over in the Harbor, pierce your heart with it and still not manage to take enough actual damage to die........
    Toons:
    Smallmans Syndrome, Rovac, Dragnipur, Prettyhater Machine, Lubed, Castinfist
    Emmpeethree, Hyperkill Hyperthrill and Greyvegas (All on Khyber)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterHops View Post
    Its rumored that you can roll up a fresh level 1 toon, have that Riposte sword in your backpack after acquiring it from the AH for next to nothing, slip over in the Harbor, pierce your heart with it and still not manage to take enough actual damage to die........
    Well, there's also the Shiv that would only hurt you if you rolled a confirmed 20.

On the plus side, the Devs decided to add a named Dwarven Axe in one of the quests for the Expansion. So after years of players begging for Dwarven Axes to be included, they seem to be actively including them... Although the begging for decent unique Docents seems to continue to go unheard.

However, looking at all the weapons released in this expansion, it's truly sad that after the much delayed named Dwarven Axe that it's the Shield of Morning and the Magistrate's Scepter are the damage dealers.

I was gonna call this the worst named rapier at the worst time ever. Both due it's longsword stats (and wuss ones at those)... but also having basically EXTREME PARRYING on it given there's a much better Rapier that already has nonstacking Superior Parrying.

Maybe Feather Of Sun is working on enhancements and the new treasure dev is like REALLY new.... or there's just tons of pressure and no time so someone had the bright idea of "Give them all +7, base crit profiles and a um... random element so people will run it over and over." It would be nice to hear that the random element on each of these items is actually a small set of random properties that go with the item and not just FULLY RANDOM.

I'm guessing just no time given they created a rapier name with longsword stats and the LAMEST L28 ability you could put on a named rapier at this point in DDO. But you know... if Squeek thinks it's a longsword then... Let's hear it for Update 19: No Nameds you want but random items worth something again expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    DO NOT DO THIS. We are investigating.

As mentioned earlier, I think the item, without the random effect, should stand on it's own. The random effect should be the icing on the cake, not the cake itself. For this item, assuming I would ever use it, I would be hunting for the right random effect first rather than the item in general. I'll be hunting a greater vorpal longsword, not a parrying longsword with a nifty added effect.

I really think you missed the mark on this item more than any other, though others also fall into this trap as well.

Short version. The core item without the random effect should be at least 75% of the power level of the overall item, with up to 25% being the added random effect. This item is more like 10% item/90% random effect.

Unfortunately that means that with a 5% drop rate and assuming say 10 mutations, I'll be doing approximately 200 runs to find what I'm looking for. I was annoyed with 5%, now you throw 0.5% drop rates into the mix.

PS, yes this item is garbage and I find that annoying that it's an ongoing theme for the entire expansion. I'm not going to get into constructive criticisms here as this item is beyond help.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 07-24-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gratch View Post
    Let's hear it for Update 19: No Nameds you want but random items worth something again expansion.
    This wouldn't be too bad if this were a regular update. But for an Expansion that costs real money (at least for an update or two), you'd expect more. The lack of (decent) named items is just one of several reasons this Expansion is giving me horrible House C Challenge flashbacks. You know the one that was overpriced (and continues to be overpriced), lacked items for all builds, could only be run initially by casters even though it was pitched as a quick solo distraction for all classes, lacked good XP (that got bumped up then nerfed several times and never returned) and contained a item everyone really liked the idea of that was delayed then scrapped. Yup, this expansion is feeling a lot like that.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    This wouldn't be too bad if this were a regular update. But for an Expansion that costs real money (at least for an update or two), you'd expect more. The lack of (decent) named items is just one of several reasons this Expansion is giving me horrible House C Challenge flashbacks. You know the one that was overpriced (and continues to be overpriced), lacked items for all builds, could only be run initially by casters even though it was pitched as a quick solo distraction for all classes, lacked good XP (that got bumped up then nerfed several times and never returned) and contained a item everyone really liked the idea of that was delayed then scrapped. Yup, this expansion is feeling a lot like that.
    I agree, the loot system in both Challange packs have been a huge letdown.
    this expansion will be lurking on the bottom of my "new player buyers advise list"

i't's not worth the money.
    The loot system is a huge letdown
    I dont mind flavor, so the +1 is understandable put please add some real named loot, you know, stuff that actualy works...
    So in a few years we can say:
    player 1. Remember that overpriced pack back in the day with the terrible loot?
    player 2. Yeah, but it had that awsome Rapier/dwarven axe/handwraps we had been asking about all those years...

Honnestly: melee's have been struggling for years untill the ED clossed the gap between casters and melee's a bit. melee's didnt need a nerf in gear and they certainly didn't need a second random loot generation system. Once again i can point at the shroud crafting system for an example of random drops ending up with the right gear for the right build. This is why this raid has been run so often, because it works .

dont listen to the points people make to fix it, you're most likely to far in to fix it. just abandon it and make something good for the next update, dont give us rush jobs.
    Last edited by lyrecono; 07-25-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12