Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default cost of items on Shard exchange :)

someone has a pair of EE Treads of falling shadow for
    bid price 4000 shards!!!

its only something like 22,360 TP!

Hmmm, interesting starting point...

4,000 Shards minus Fees (30%) = 2,800 Shards

@Approximate of 6 TP per shard = 16,800 TP worth received

It is bold, but I'm not sure people are going to be slinging that kind of shard amounts around just yet. But then again only time will tell.

It's a new storage location, just like putting items on the AH for 2mil plat, only better since you get your deposit back if unsold and people are even less likely to pay.

And if someone actually gives you 4000 AS.... its not so bad lol

FINALLY a place to put all those +2 Tomes and Large/Medium guild slot items that I've been saving for my next new character. If someone actually buys them for what I plan to ask, all the better!

Thanks for the new storage, Turbine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

DDO... the only MMO where you can spend $100,000 on ingame items!

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

For me as premium this Shard Exchange is an additional 10 Bank space before TR even for BtCoE items.

Ty Turbine

An if someone really buys my Stuff for 10000 shards... be my guest lol.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Cade_Wells View Post
    someone has a pair of EE Treads of falling shadow for
    bid price 4000 shards!!!

its only something like 22,360 TP!
    I bet they sold though...

I've been keeping a weather eye on this and few things I've thought "no way" have
    disappeared from the listings. Either canceled or sold. My money's on sold...

Community Member

Someone bought a globe for 1800 shards. The other one is gone that was listed at 6k shards... people are crazy...

I'm not surprised that the prices are super high on some items, since the exchange rate is not obvious for people who are not used to TP trades and such, so I expected to see some huge numbers that would eventually even out as the prices settle...

What I don't get is how some of them are actually selling for outrageous prices, especially considering the fact that, at least in my opinion, AS are really not all that useful. I mean seriously...are all of these people just taking a few hundred rolls on the gold box, or buying airship ammenities, or feat exchanges, or do they really have that many repairs that it's worth it? Until they add more uses for the AS, I don't see why anyone would put anything on the ASAH that they couldn't either trade for something they need, or trade for TP codes in the first place. Not to mention the fact that nobody takes a 40% cut of TP trades or item trades... (although, if these outrageous prices stay, who knows...)
    Yazston the Invoker, Nyyarlathotep, Thongo Stonesplitter, Stumpvvater Jack, Iaug Sothoth, Egostu Theman, Hastuur D'Rlyeh,
    Vehnison Deerslayer, Guendaril Kherras, Khaloss Meierson, Haestan Cloudreaver, Ygolonac
    Member of The Madborn

It makes one wonder alright....
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    For me as premium this Shard Exchange is an additional 10 Bank space before TR even for BtCoE items.
    A word of warning, though for a TR it won't be an issue, but IF you buy a BTCoE item in the Shard Exchange, do NOT assume you will be able to put it in your shared bank for another toon. Found out the hard way.

Was browsing the Shard Exchange with my main, saw an item that would be good for an alt (but useless for my main). It was clearly a BTCoE so I didn't think anything about buying it right then and there to stash in my bank. Bought it, retrieved from mail to my inventory, run over to bank and BAM up pops the message "You cannot place a bound-to-character item in the account bank". Never equipped it, but it came into my inventory as BTC anyway.

So now I am out the shards, and I can't auction this thing off. I don't have enough shards left to re-post it in the Shard Exchange. Best I can do is crunch it for essences or vendor it at 15% face value.
    Last edited by Fedora; 03-20-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Or just get a few shards and pass it to your alt via the ah

Quote Originally Posted by Zindro View Post
    Someone bought a globe for 1800 shards. The other one is gone that was listed at 6k shards... people are crazy...
    More likely the poster was just "storing" it there and has now retreived it by cancelling the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazston_the_Invoker View Post

What I don't get is how some of them are actually selling for outrageous prices, especially considering the fact that, at least in my opinion, AS are really not all that useful. I mean seriously...are all of these people just taking a few hundred rolls on the gold box, or buying airship ammenities, or feat exchanges, or do they really have that many repairs that it's worth it? Until they add more uses for the AS, I don't see why anyone would put anything on the ASAH that they couldn't either trade for something they need, or trade for TP codes in the first place.
    This is a common thought about the shard exchange and I don't see why this little fact continues to elude people: people sell stuff on the exchange to buy different or better items using their profits. They are just reinvesting back into the exchange, they aren't spending the AS on all those other things that they do.

Perhaps this was always possible with TP exchanges, but many people including myself always saw that as sleazy and stayed away from it. Now that there is an in-game method that is much more convenient, it is opening up this kind of trading to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    This is a common thought about the shard exchange and I don't see why this little fact continues to elude people: people sell stuff on the exchange to buy different or better items using their profits. They are just reinvesting back into the exchange, they aren't spending the AS on all those other things that they do.

Perhaps this was always possible with TP exchanges, but many people including myself always saw that as sleazy and stayed away from it. Now that there is an in-game method that is much more convenient, it is opening up this kind of trading to everyone.
    I understand that, but with a 30-40% cut off the top, this is in no way efficient, and it means that someone, somewhere spent real money on TP to buy the shards in the first place, then it filtered down through outrageously-priced items, so that Joe Blow could evventuallly get the Epic Nether Grasps he allways wanted, for measly price of 700 AS, which is waaaaay worse of an exchange than if the same person just traded with someone for TP.

Looking at it from that perspective, the ASAH is pretty much just a money launderer that's put in place and promoted by the governing body, no? I don't have a problem with it, and if there's something on there that I need and can get for a better price than a TP trade or the plat AH, I'll use it, but you won't see me posting anything on there, unless I happen to want to trade a BTC/formerly BTCoE item to one of my alts. Plus, it still doesn't explain why someone would pay that much more than the going price, just because it's on the ASAH. Again, you have item trades, which have no fees, and there's already plat in place, which doesn't require an AH to use, and has a smaller cut on the plat AH. You can already trade raid bypass timers and Otto's Boxes, and the "shady" TP trades still happen, right in front of Turbine, and whether it's bad for the game or not, nobody at Turbine seems to have anny issues with it. Now, if they come out tomorrow and say that from now on, TP trades are against the ToS, and people that do it will be banned, then perhaps I can understand, but it seems to me that a 30-40% cut, and the markup of prices is alot to pay for "peace of mind", especially since we're talking about a video game. (where the only ones who might actually be doing something "shady" is the company itself, through the AS rolls, which many people seem to equate to gambling)
    Yazston the Invoker, Nyyarlathotep, Thongo Stonesplitter, Stumpvvater Jack, Iaug Sothoth, Egostu Theman, Hastuur D'Rlyeh,
    Vehnison Deerslayer, Guendaril Kherras, Khaloss Meierson, Haestan Cloudreaver, Ygolonac
    Member of The Madborn

Quote Originally Posted by Yazston_the_Invoker View Post
    I understand that, but with a 30-40% cut off the top, this is in no way efficient, and it means that someone, somewhere spent real money on TP to buy the shards in the first place, then it filtered down through outrageously-priced items, so that Joe Blow could evventuallly get the Epic Nether Grasps he allways wanted, for measly price of 700 AS, which is waaaaay worse of an exchange than if the same person just traded with someone for TP.

Looking at it from that perspective, the ASAH is pretty much just a money launderer that's put in place and promoted by the governing body, no? I don't have a problem with it, and if there's something on there that I need and can get for a better price than a TP trade or the plat AH, I'll use it, but you won't see me posting anything on there, unless I happen to want to trade a BTC/formerly BTCoE item to one of my alts. Plus, it still doesn't explain why someone would pay that much more than the going price, just because it's on the ASAH. Again, you have item trades, which have no fees, and there's already plat in place, which doesn't require an AH to use, and has a smaller cut on the plat AH. You can already trade raid bypass timers and Otto's Boxes, and the "shady" TP trades still happen, right in front of Turbine, and whether it's bad for the game or not, nobody at Turbine seems to have anny issues with it. Now, if they come out tomorrow and say that from now on, TP trades are against the ToS, and people that do it will be banned, then perhaps I can understand, but it seems to me that a 30-40% cut, and the markup of prices is alot to pay for "peace of mind", especially since we're talking about a video game. (where the only ones who might actually be doing something "shady" is the company itself, through the AS rolls, which many people seem to equate to gambling)
    yup, I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora View Post
    A word of warning, though for a TR it won't be an issue, but IF you buy a BTCoE item in the Shard Exchange, do NOT assume you will be able to put it in your shared bank for another toon. Found out the hard way.

Was browsing the Shard Exchange with my main, saw an item that would be good for an alt (but useless for my main). It was clearly a BTCoE so I didn't think anything about buying it right then and there to stash in my bank. Bought it, retrieved from mail to my inventory, run over to bank and BAM up pops the message "You cannot place a bound-to-character item in the account bank". Never equipped it, but it came into my inventory as BTC anyway.

So now I am out the shards, and I can't auction this thing off. I don't have enough shards left to re-post it in the Shard Exchange. Best I can do is crunch it for essences or vendor it at 15% face value.
    Another alternative is to find a friend with a few AS. Coordinate with him and post it with a buyout of 4AS. As soon as you post it, he must buy it (so it is on the ASAH for about 10 seconds, you don't want someone else buying it). Then you switch toons and buy it back the same way. It will cost each of you 2AS (I think that is the correct ASAH cut).

Quote Originally Posted by WargamerIV View Post
    Another alternative is to find a friend with a few AS. Coordinate with him and post it with a buyout of 4AS. As soon as you post it, he must buy it (so it is on the ASAH for about 10 seconds, you don't want someone else buying it). Then you switch toons and buy it back the same way. It will cost each of you 2AS (I think that is the correct ASAH cut).
    Good idea, might try it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora View Post

I think if it had been bound to the character who auctioned it causes it to bind instantly to whoever buys it.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    More likely the poster was just "storing" it there and has now retreived it by cancelling the auction.
    Sold a globe within a few hours of listing for 2500 AS on Sarlona.

The 6000 AS one is doubtful that it sold unless it was the only one up at the time. Those type of top end item sales are happening.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast