Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Community Member

To the OP / creator of this tool: THANK YOU!
    I have a $1,600 gaming laptop (year old now) and even though it's new gaming machine, it still was slow loading DDO. I had tried defragmenting HD routinely, optimizing HD, uninstalling/reinstalling DDO, and even installing DDO on HD # 2. Nothing really worked to speed up load times, which seemed oddly slow considering the machine I am using. Using your tool, the game loads at least four times faster now It is a world of difference in how fast the game loads and how soon I am logged into my character. Now the only thing slow for me is deconstructing items in the cannith crafting area :P You don't by chance have a miracle cure for that too do ya? :P

Again, big thank you for this loader tool

Omnii Evermind, TR of Thelanis

Well tbh i didnt read the whole thread and i am only posting for those who keep track and like to stay informed here.

I am using currently Imdisk with a script thats creating a partition in my ram and then copies the whole game folder into that partition. After the copying which takes around 60-90 secs the invoker starts automatically and i play the complete game from my ram, reducing basically any loading time to a minimum.

Frankly u need quite a bit of ram for that, my current setup contains 32GB which was actually cheaper than getting a SSD for all my games etc.
    Used this while i had 8 GB by simply creating a 4GB partition and exlcuding the big sound and texture files from loading in. Now with the 32GB the created partition has 11.5 GB and contains the full installation.
    The script can be easily edited to load in other games into ram, a simple dismount cmd removes the partition from the ram again after finished.

This can be even installed in a way that the windows services execute the script on startup etc.

Note: this little Trick basically works with all games that dont save stuff in their installationfolder while playing, screenshots and savegames etc usually are saved in the users documents.
    Haek N' Slay (©ompletionist Juggernaut / Zeus Life 61 of 61)My Toon is better than your toon.Mitis Mors - Thelanis

Talking

I was not reading the whole thread, but let me add this:

I always had login issues, like waiting a bunch of minutes and then had red connection. I recently bought a ssd, and now I log into ddo within a few (<10) seconds without red connection. I now also log through different areas within few (<<5) seconds. Life is so much better with ssd now.

Note: I only use default launcher without any modification.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 07-25-2013 at 09:19 AM.

It shortens my time for double logging (red connection in first attempt always) with 6 minutes into 2 minutes. Through I do not understand the mechanics behind it, it solves my problem, thanks to the author.

Community Member

This sounded too god to be true. And it was. The launch the program and as the ddo launcher starts i get a message saying "Internal error, please contact customer support." What now, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    ... my current setup contains 32GB ....

/Experiences a wave of RAM envy.

Did the Preloader thing now, too. Makes hopping from free daily roll to free daily roll much less time consuming.

...but yes, an SSD is on my wish list.
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 07-26-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by Abdaka View Post
    This sounded too god to be true. And it was. The launch the program and as the ddo launcher starts i get a message saying "Internal error, please contact customer support." What now, huh?
    After this shows and you press OK, try to launch the launcher manually by doubleclicking on the TurbineLauncher.exe. DDOPreload.exe only puts one file to the memory cache, it does nothing with the launcher. It only starts it to make things easier for the users.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng20/Epic10 -> Drd6),
    Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic8/Epic10->Sorc(EK)17)

Community Member

The game loads faster..but when i quit the game then it freeze.....gg

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Quote Originally Posted by Psycr0vv View Post
    Love the preloader, makes things move so much faster. However, I have experienced the same problems as this^^

It didn't happen the first few times I used it, more of a recent development.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````
    MuleAxe~1 | Occidere~1| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

Quote Originally Posted by Psycr0vv View Post
    How do you quit the game?

Alt+F4 sometime freezes - i need to use Ctrl+Alt+Del and kill process using task manager. It happens also at my home computer with SSD (so I don't use preloader there). Sometime it looks frozen however it only takes a long time to return back to the desktop (long means up to 1 minute).

A click on the Close button (when windowed) is similar to Alt+F4

Esc -> Quit and Esc -> Logout - Quit always works and they are faster.

Apparently in-game "quit" works well. The quit using windows UI has troubles.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art20/Epic8/Epic8 -> Rng20/Epic10 -> Drd6),

Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    Sometime it looks frozen however it only takes a long time to return back to the desktop (long means up to 1 minute).
    So the time you win at the start you lose in the end
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    1) This is not connected with the preloader.
    2) You can still exit game using Power Off button :-).

Community Member

Default Ty

This made quite an improvement, Ill eventually grab a ss drive, but til then this is pretty much a requirement to run ddo without frustration.

I may be off here, but it appears you were able to make this happen pretty quick, wht doesnt ddo preload automatically? makes no sense.

Turbine should hire you, and probably me, and about 5% of the people on this forum really that know more about the game than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    1) This is not connected with the preloader.
    2) You can still exit game using Power Off button :-).
    I don't use the preloader ( kudos for it though ) as I'm on SSD.

But I have the problem of the black screen when I exit DDO... I've been having it since those awesomium **** process appeared.
    Most of the time I have to go to the process manager and kill DDO, just because I want to leave DDO.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    I don't use the preloader ( kudos for it though ) as I'm on SSD.

But I have the problem of the black screen when I exit DDO... I've been having it since those awesomium **** process appeared.
    Most of the time I have to go to the process manager and kill DDO, just because I want to leave DDO.
    The black screen on exit, for me, seems to be linked to incompatible audio data. I can't seem to narrow down specifically what the problem is however. So I have no further insight on that.

I did try this loader just a bit ago. I've found that for my machine it significantly decreased waiting time to load into the game. And I offer thanks for that as it was getting to be a terrible annoyance.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Turbine should hire you, ...
    Thank you, I am always dreamed about a work on an online game. Seriously.

Actually this is not whole my work, code is written by my friend. We both work in a large IT company.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Thanks from me as well, it saves me a LOT of time!
    Before: 5+ minutes to load and log in, red disconnect sign, quit and restart game, load again... Toal of about 10 minutes waiting before I'm in (generic toshiba windows laptop for the curious).
    After: 2 minutes to load and arrive in the game ready to rock! Yay!

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    Thanks from me as well, it saves me a LOT of time!
    Before: 5+ minutes to load and log in, red disconnect sign, quit and restart game, load again... Toal of about 10 minutes waiting before I'm in (generic toshiba windows laptop for the curious).
    After: 2 minutes to load and arrive in the game ready to rock! Yay!

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    It takes me 15-30 seconds to load.... Constantly.

The game does have a memory leak though if you log in/out/in/out/in/out/in/out (don't ask me how I know....) the game will consistently slow down until you are so leaked that the game becomes unplayable. It takes about 15 login/outs in a row to get to that point...

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    It takes me 15-30 seconds to load.... Constantly.
    I can only sigh in envy, and hope my next computer (someday) does better
    (and yea I've run into the memory leak too, and quite a bit faster; but hey)

Greetz,
    Maya Deva

Default Best thing since sliced bread

Just wanted to say thank you for making DDO preloader availible. IMHO, it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Before this, the first time I logged in I always, ALWAYS, got a red disconnect.

After using DDO preloader for 2 weeks it has not happend once.

So thank you again and rock on

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast