Community Member

Default Why are guild augment slotted items now all bound?

Every item I have with a guild augment slot now comes up as BtCoE, BtCoA or both. Even blank ones just keyed for crafting.

Why was this change made, please? And why wasn't it announced?

It's very disappointing because I have more of these than I can use, others want them, and I can't sell them.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 07-19-2013 at 08:24 AM.

Community Member

Talking with other people online and they don't seem to have the problem. Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Talking with other people online and they don't seem to have the problem. Is it just me?
    Those you've "Just Keyed for Crafting"

Did you equip them by mistake?

sigh I have bank toons that have a stock of large guild slots I would of used on my alts when I tred them but no point now might as well delete which is a *freaking shame*.

Community Member

Default ?

Is this accurate? I havent checked my guild augment slot item mule for a while...

Irresponsible change if so.

If its not obvious (it should be), changing bind status on any item that could be muled on someones account to make it no longer transferable from the mule is not only idiotic, but id categorise it as outright malicious.

Only way this change could be made without the intention of screwing people is if the person who is making the decisions has never played a game with multiple characters and limited inventory space and therefore the concept of muling is foreign.

Every item I have with a guild augment slot now comes up as BtC, BtA or both. Even blank ones just keyed for crafting.

It's very disappointing because I have more of these than I can use, others want them, and I can't sell them.

Thanks.
    Stop scaremongering and put in a ticket instead.

This is simply not true. I just inspected my crafter and all of her Guild slot items in the bank are unchanged.
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

None of the guild slot items stored on my mule are bound; all remain unbound as they always were.

My guess is the OP crafted on his guild slot items and then disjuncted them. Once bound, always bound.

Those nasty little kobolds said they would get you.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Those nasty little kobolds said they would get you.
    They remember waterworks.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Every item I have with a guild augment slot now comes up as BtC, BtA or both. Even blank ones just keyed for crafting.

Thanks.
    There is no change. It's just you or you're reading it wrong.

If you have a BTA guild slotted item, that's worth holding onto.

Community Member

Thanks to those who provided helpful replies. I certainly was not trying to "scaremonger", not my style. I just distinctly remember wanting to sell some of these items and now it seems I cannot, and it never occurred to me that I might have just misremembered the status of the items, nor that it could just be my account.

I'm pretty sure I never crafted this item.

I have others that show as both BtCoE *and* BtCoA, which I really don't get.

Community Member

Does random loot that is bound to character on acquire even exist? I've never seen it.

Is this on live or lam?
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Does random loot that is bound to character on acquire even exist? I've never seen it.

Is this on live or lam?
    They crafted an item, which made it BtC. Then they deconned it to make it craftable again so it looks like a clean item, but the BtC remains (WAI)

Community Member

Thanks to those who provided helpful replies. I certainly was not trying to "scaremonger", not my style. I just distinctly remember wanting to sell some of these items and now it seems I cannot, and it never occurred to me that I might have just misremembered the status of the items, nor that it could just be my account.

I'm pretty sure I never crafted this item.

I have others that show as both BtCoE *and* BtCoA, which I really don't get.
    Can you post some screen shots of the items that have both BTCoE and BTA as I would like to see them please as the BTA versions would be quite useful but have never pulled one with guild slots on myself.

Community Member

Not BTA, BtCoA (I made a mistake in my first post, sorry). Why would a craftable item be BtCoA?

Is it that items made with bound shards become BtCoA and those made with unbound shards BtCoE?
    Last edited by Qaliya; 07-19-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Every item I have with a guild augment slot now comes up as BtCoE, BtCoA or both. Even blank ones just keyed for crafting.

Thanks.
    I checked about 15 guild slot items last night, and none of the un-crafted ones were bound.

Is it that items made with bound shards become BtCoA and those made with unbound shards BtCoE?
    Yes, exactly. That's how crafting has always worked for bound (BtC) and unbound (BtCoE) shards.