Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Small static group looking for 1-3 new peeps.

Hi, my name's Turtle, you may know me from such adventures as "Random pugs, Defense chat Channel, very rarely General and Advice Chat Channel" etc. I am usually in the company of Dre and Coddex in some alt form, and we're a happy little laid back static group looking to meet 1 to 3 more players who we click with to play. PERSONALITY is important. This post will be kinda long and rambly, as I have A.D.D., but it's what you need to know about us to know if you'll be a good fit.
    ;;;;
    We'd like someone with solid gaming skills OR a desire to learn them (newbies are welcome as long as they come willing to learn and aren't the type who stand in the trap screaming heal me), but flexible personalities. I play most days between 2pm and 8pm eastern, usually with one or both of the other two as real life allows. (one is a somewhat disabled veteran, and one reviews for Die Hard game fan so sometimes you'll only have me). You do NOT have to be there every minute I am, just those are the times the group is around. We encourage people with lots of alts so they can work on other toons when there is a committed group leveling together of alts formed, or replace an alt with another one when the group isn't around.

We share loot amongst ourselves pretty freely, and firmly believe you can do whatever you want with your loot. Dre will offer advice on builds IF asked, but your build is your business and we're not here to tell you how to play your toons. Dre is the king of experimental and odd builds, we'll work with just about anything. But we do expect people in the group to work together and strategize together, adjusting tactics if something isn't working.

Personality wise I'm probably the most uptight of the three, Dre and Cod are so laid back sometimes I think they're zombies. But we're all easygoing and pretty much just ENJOY playing the game and hanging out with each other, chatting about our lives as we go. We're all in the 35 to 41 age range, but have no restrictions on the ages of anyone who wants to play with, just that is what you are getting into. Cod and I are empty nesters, Dre has an overfull nest that sometimes puts him afk. RL before game, and we cover anyone who needs a moment, but discourage people who enter, and show back up at the end. We also feel how one treats others says something about themselves, and do not tolerate cruelty, excessive whining, or bullying of players with lesser skills or people for their race, sexuality, gender, etc. etc. If those things appeal to you, we are not the right group for you. Individually Dre is the slightly pessimistic sweet guy, Coddex is everyone's freind, and Turtle is the "let's try this and see what happens ooh what's that sparkly thing over there" type. Dre and I can get extremely silly, while Coddex is usually the strait man.

We do both end game and tr trains(some of us still have first lifers languishing around forgotten that we suddenly remember and level up). We try to share toon goals as a group and help each other out. I'm doing so many vons my brain is falling out trying to help Cod get a shard, for example. Cod and Dre are a little more hesitant to do EE than I am, but I'm confident that they just need a bit more practice to lose that hesitation. We'll often figure out what toons to run together to easily meet group needs.

Let me make it VERY clear that we are not looking to take anyone out of their guilds, nor are we looking to change guilds. As far as static groups, if you have a small two or three man group, we'd be willing to mesh up. We don't care if it's in the same guild or not. The only requirement we have for long term group members is you are willing to use TeamSpeak and join us on our private server, as in game chat works really crappily for both Dre and I. It only seems to love Coddex.

Now here is where I tend to lose people, but with the upcoming changes in how quests work this might become a bonus.

On First life toons: anything goes, no specific plan, just run stuff and keep them moving. Usually elite because that is what we are used to.

On tr toons: We tend to run elite streaks, do each quest without an epic once and move to the next, only doing second hard runs in the mid teens during the levels in which the amount of quests gets kinda small, and do every quest in the game pretty much, not just the big xp popular ones. Even the crappy ones like the ones in Delera's graveyard that give next to no xp. We're really not big on grinding the same quest more than a coupla times at a pop for gear, and never for xp, repetition is boring. The reason we don't do quests with epic versions is that we do the same thing at level 20, start doing each epic once and moving on, and cap out before we even do them all, but then we have either one or no repeat penalties on any of the epics and can meander about as we please with good xp gain for destinies.

If we sound like something you'd enjoy being part of, give us a holler here or in game(I won't be on much tonight, mom's birthday that Coddex and I have to attend, but I'll be there all weekend probably, it's apparently going to try to melt us with a heat wave). I know that's a lotta information, but I feel the best way to find a good fit is to be as informative as I can. And if we're too weird for words for other players, no harm in trying. We've been opening random pugs all week to meet people, and we either get the really silent types that run off and refuse to interact with us, or the 'you will do things MY way even though it's your group or I'll throw a tempter tantrum on mic' types. LOL Pugging is exciting!
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Definitely remember, You don't have to know the whole game as long as you are willing to learn we can teach
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Definitely remember, You don't have to know the whole game as long as you are willing to learn we can teach
    But don't follow Dre. He lies.

And don't follow me, I have the navigational skills of a drunken lemming. Of course, I survive, but I miss all the lemming hoopla!

Coddex is usually the only one safe to follow anywhere.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Community Member

I am already in a static group, but just want to add props for the group above. I haven't run with them much but they are extremely nice people that know what they are doing. I've learned quite a bit from their advice in the defense channel and I couldn't have got my expansion code to work without Turtle's help.

So this is definitely a great opportunity to run with a good group.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Aww thank you so much Slarden! I was very happy to be able to help other people (And have you guys as support while I was holding on the call to Turbine listening to that soul-sucking suicide inducing hold music they used, it was BAD!). I enjoy our chats on Defense.

We were just talking the other day about how much we miss our two friends we lost to real life, and figured we would try to meet some new people! We've been opening up to pugs also trying the random meet method, but not much success so the boys made me sit down and write. I don't know why rambly A.D.D. girl was given the keyboard... LOL

Because A.D.D. Girl represents us quite well

By the way even if you have never run a character past lvl 5, It doesn't matter to us we can teach as we go but friendship is mainly what we are looking for. ( That and lootz, gotta have lootz ).

Turtle and Coddex don't like farming much but if you really want a piece of gear I can run something forever to get it ( **** on you torc!!!!! 157 runs on a fvs and nada......)
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Portals.

Community Member

Hi there Turtle, Dre & Coddex!

I'm about to start playing again, after not having done so since Beta lol and it would be a nice not to be alone as usual. I popped into the forums to see if I can find which is the unofficial RP server, or the most laid back one at least and I spotted your thread and liked what I read. I'm an experienced MMO player, but I didn't get terribly far in DDO. Usually I play games with my BF but he doesn't love MMO's, so that's my solo fun lol Your group sounds like some peeps I'd like to meet, and maybe would get on with. I'm in my 30's and the only kids I have are furry. I'm fairly easy going and I'm not possessive about loot. I enjoy playing games like this for exploration and story stuff over achievements, grinding and PVP, but I'm happy to help out with group goals if I can. I'm only looking for casual gaming friends, nothing more. I know you didn't even hint at anything like that in your OP but I like to be upfront I'm also a rambler and I'm forgetful and occasionally hyper if I've chugged too much coffee at work lol

I'm CST, and still downloading so I won't be in game for a while, maybe not till tomorrow night, but perhaps if you guys are around I could meet you and you can laugh at how low lvl I am my only concern is since I'm basically lvl 1 I'd be a big drag for a while. But I can chat in group chat at least!

Have you guys tried using Skype for group chat? I've tried teamspeak, ventrilo and others, and Skype so far seems the most stable. But I'm a bit shy, so I really don't mind not voice chatting. I'm a fairly fast typer.

Let me know if you'd like to have an in game chat or whatevah.

ETA: Do you guys play anything else? I'm on Steam and have a lot of MP games as my BF and I like to play together, it would be nice to have a few people to play stuff like Torchlight II and Borderlands etc! Oops I'm getting ahead of myself, I do that lol sorry!
    Last edited by Lenya; 07-19-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Hello Lenya! We'd love to meet you and hang out! We don't have a private channel right now in the game, but I'm on a public newbie friendly channel you can always go "Hey Turtle, ya there?" Type /joinchannel Defense. You do sound like someone I want to get to know! And I totally understand about being upfront, being a woman I have had a few 'misunderstanding' in which I seem to have picked up creepy fanboys who think I'll spend every ddo moment with them so they can hit on me because I grouped with them once and was nice to them. It's rare on ddo though thankfully. I'm married to Coddex, and Dre has a lovely wife I'm offline friends with. She tried ddo, but it's not her thing.

If you want to pm me your toons name, I'll add it to all my toons friends list and keep and eye open for you! All my toons are listed below, but right now I"m typically on Minddancer, Velocaraptor, and Tortoisse most often this week.

And as for being level one, I have no problems rolling up a new toon to run around and help you. Ask anyone who knows me, I"m always looking for an excuse to start a new character, I suffer SEVERE altiits. What class are you playing so I can choose something complementary? We did use Skype, but I found the quality to be a lot less than teamspeak, and the demands on the system greater which can be a problem for Dre. And with teamspeak people have the ability to move much more easily into and out of rooms on their own with no action from the group between rooms we have set on the server if the chatter is too much while they're in a raid. Dre and I can be loudmouths, Codex is the quiet one. But take quiet relatively. This game is ever so much more fun with friends!

Your group sounds great and on Sarlona too.....why do I have to be U.K. based? I only have first life toons ATM and very rarely run elites cos the traps ALWAYS get me....I would love to learn how. My toons are lvl 22, 16 10 and 11 maybe I could hook up with you guys sometime....oh and I am not much good at Zerging, I tend to get lost and the traps of course!
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

Community Member

Hey Turtle!

I caught you for a second this morning on /defense but didn't get to talk too long. Anyways, I'd love to run with you guys. I'm 24 and male, but pretty mature for my age (i've been told)...however the occasional "that's what she said joke" may sneak out, I apologize in advance.

Your play style sounds ideal for me as I hate farming stuff, and prefer to run everything once or twice per life if possible. I'm not a zerger, but can get a bit impatient if we stop to sniff every flower on the path. I've been buying some new packs lately so there are some quests I dont know really well yet (chronoscope, VON, eveningstar). Also, I love myself some goofy builds so maybe Dre would get to laugh at me, or marvel at my genius when I roll up something new

Real life is about to get crazy so I can't commit to actually joining a static group, but if you are ever looking for an extra body to help out and I'm online, I'd be happy to run along with you, if I have a character in your level range. The time zone works perfectly for me (Pacific time) as I'm on late morning/early afternoons mostly right now.

Here's a list of my characters:

Pseudopod (main, 3rd life) - 12 barbarian/6 ranger/2 rogue/1 epic
    Nephron (2nd life) - 12 favored soul (first time running a healer from 1-25, we'll see how it goes)
    Glomerulus - 17 wiz/1 rogue (pretty gimpy right now...)
    Fluoxetine - 6 druid/1 monk (I think..I hardly ever play him)
    Galactose - 12 bard/6 ranger/2 rogue/2? epic (I'll likely TR her next, into either rogue, paladin, or some weird cross with cleric as the main class)
    Taenia - 4 bard/1 rogue (this is an alt account with no gear, and no adventure packs other than devil's assault)

Like I said, feel free to add me on friends and hopefully we can run more often than not

Community Member

Thanks Turtle My only char right now is Jelka, I'll hope to catch you in game later on!

Anyone else reading who wants an easy going quest buddy, and doesn't mind a noob, feel free to add me

Please be aware that we don't mean a static group as in we play at a certain time and you need to show up..We are very relaxed about missing days here and there. Real life comes first, so with that said Feel free to talk to Turtle and her many toons or myself ( I usually have Dre in the name somewhere ).

We are mainly looking for folks that can join up with us whenever we play and have a good time while working on goals for each other as a group.

I am mainly on DreBattle lately as I am working up a Cleric to help the other two with healing in end game stuff when needed.
    Portals.

Smile Healing

My lvl 22 is a pure cleric and healing is something she does well, she is relatively hardy but lacking fortification atm. If you ever need a healer and I'm in game just send me a tell, if I'm on another toon I'll happily swap. Some extra info....I hit my half century last year, so I do have a certain amount of age related technophobia, I'm still learning how the game works.....'Really you can do that?'...sort of sums it up. However I am already addicted much to my seventeen year olds' disgust(less screen time for him!!! lol) and play everyday at some point. My toon names are in sig and I truly do love chocolate!
    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

I'm a jerk and a zerger.

Do I qualify?
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    I'm a jerk and a zerger.

Do I qualify?
    Trolling huh Dist?

Regardless, I will answer seriously. I don't think you'd be a good fit for the group, as jerk behavior is pretty frowned on. And with your leveling habits, you'd be so out of synch with us you would not benefit much from the group, and then we'd feel bad about it because we're not jerks, but we enjoy our laid back leveling and altoholism. If you feel I'm mistaken in my assessment, you are more than welcome to join in and see if you do enjoy being part of it, I'm certainly not infallible in my opinions. You know how to find me in game, send me a tell if you want the teamspeak server info, but understand if you do you have to be considerate of others while on it.

We are down to two spaces, and I'm holding Lenya's, and waiting to hear back from guy who pm'd me, but Psuedopod is definitely on the welcome list also and people are welcome to join the channel because as we said, people aren't always on, there's often open spots, etc.

Cool Jubilee

hey turtle I would love to help you guys in your static group sounds like lots of fine I don't think I know any of you hahah let me know
    Sarlona: Abbyblabby Blondecure Bronlynn Flvs Maxd

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Trolling huh Dist?
    I was simply joking. I'm a nice guy, most of the time.

And yes my jokes suck, I know.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

Community Member

Just a quick question: ever play later than 8pm EST? That's usually about when I sign on.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by kmankowski View Post
    Just a quick question: ever play later than 8pm EST? That's usually about when I sign on.
    Generally not. THe reason we don't is that Coddex has to get up at 2 in the morning for work, and Dre has a lot of kids he has to get up early with to help getting ready for school, and me...well...being married to Coddex I sorta drift off with him and 'nuff said there. Fridays and Saturdays sometimes we're on later, but Coddex is usually a zombie from being up since o'dark of the morning. LOL

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ajthegreat7 View Post
    hey turtle I would love to help you guys in your static group sounds like lots of fine I don't think I know any of you hahah let me know
    *Sticks tongue out at you* I know who you are, and you're already in the teamspeak server! I remember your forum name! *Grins*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast