Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1. #1
    Community Member Ellihor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    368

    Default Please dont move the xp from lv 18 to lower lvs

    So, if Tr 2+ will need less xp to cap, I am all for it! But if I understood correct, you will simple take some of the xp at higher lvs and put it at lower. This is a complete failure because lv 18 is the level with more xp avaliable! If you take the xp requirement from 18 (19 banked) and put at lower we will have tremendous problems at lower levels. So, if thats your idea I prefer to let the system untouched instead of doing that, just because personally i never had trouble with xp at higher levels (I always bank), but I usually have at lower!

  2. #2
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    You must not have any lower level adventure packs. Otherwise, there is so much content at lower and mid levels that you don't have to repeat any quests to level up, provided you are using a bravery streak.

    The mid levels, like around levels 10-12 are especially where there is just tons of quests, assuming you have the adventure packs. You can level through this range on a tr skipping entire packs, let alone quests.

    If repeating quests is necessary to do a tr, i would rather have it spread out rather than having a ton of it all at the end. By repeating, i mean even just a second time, such as on hard for first time bonus. Running something when i'm no longer getting any kind of first time bonus is not something i like to do.

  3. #3
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,581

    Default

    Lol so not signed!

    While I have the same impresion regarding the impending changes to TR xp, namely that it will be redistributed rather than outright lowered, I have no issue in the lower to mid levels, while 18-20 is a grindfest, and yes that's coming in to 18 banked. Having ~1/3 of the life's 4.3mil xp sitting accross it's last 3 levels, where the per quest xp drops into the abysmal range just plain sucks.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    I find the OPs posision odd as the biggest complaint with TR xp seems to be the back loaded curve that causes players to level past unplayed lower level quests just to grind repetitions of the higher ones.

    Also, I'd like to note that if "banking levels" in any circumstance is an intended practice it shows very poor game design.

  5. #5
    Community Member Elation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    I find the OPs posision odd as the biggest complaint with TR xp seems to be the back loaded curve that causes players to level past unplayed lower level quests just to grind repetitions of the higher ones.

    Also, I'd like to note that if "banking levels" in any circumstance is an intended practice it shows very poor game design.
    I would like to note that your note about banking a level is not part of the game design but is part of the player option. There is more than just leveling reasons to bank a level, such as waiting for a friend to catch up who may not have had time to level up with you that week. So by design the reason to allow holding a level is good game design since it is an optional method that is not really needed but can allow people to continue to play while helping their friends catch up when needed.
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

  6. #6
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    I find the OPs posision odd as the biggest complaint with TR xp seems to be the back loaded curve that causes players to level past unplayed lower level quests just to grind repetitions of the higher ones.

    Also, I'd like to note that if "banking levels" in any circumstance is an intended practice it shows very poor game design.
    I begin banking levels at about 3, and never stop. It's necessary if you want to play all the quests and get bravery bonus on them. I've done that ever since i was a new player, on first life. I hated having to skip quests because i outleveled them before i could get to them.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elation View Post
    I would like to note that your note about banking a level is not part of the game design but is part of the player option. There is more than just leveling reasons to bank a level, such as waiting for a friend to catch up who may not have had time to level up with you that week. So by design the reason to allow holding a level is good game design since it is an optional method that is not really needed but can allow people to continue to play while helping their friends catch up when needed.
    The point being that if the OP thought it was a required part of earning those levels in a manageable fashion, it's an indication that a change is in order. Whether it's good or bad to allow the option wasn't in question, just whether it was considered generally needful to do so. Which definitely shouldn't be the case IMO.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    This is a complete failure because lv 18 is the level with more xp avaliable! If you take the xp requirement from 18 (19 banked) and put at lower we will have tremendous problems at lower levels.
    This premise is false, and so the conclusion is incorrect. The level 16-19 quests mostly have mid to low XP, when compared to many of the lower level quests. But there are a very small number of quests that can be run very quickly over and over to get you through those last two (extremely extended) levels to hit 20. With Turbine saying that they do not want people to be repeating quests any more, that 18-20 range would become quite nasty without the ability to farm quests like RWTD, ETK, MotS, etc.

  9. #9
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    The point being that if the OP thought it was a required part of earning those levels in a manageable fashion, it's an indication that a change is in order. Whether it's good or bad to allow the option wasn't in question, just whether it was considered generally needful to do so. Which definitely shouldn't be the case IMO.
    Yep i get what you meant....its cool having the *option* to bank a level but the fact that its almost mandatory to do it especially on a 3rd life is kind of a let down of the gaming experience. When you gain a level it should be something you should celebrate, cool if you want wait for a friend to catch up. Not so cool if you need to wait to farm X and Y quests yet, and desperately need that xp for the level after, and so on and so forth. The leveling and xp in this game is so complicated it seems, if anything I think it encourages people to either solo level up or only group in a static group. Making a small playing population even smaller.

    Anyway I don't agree with the OP redistributing the XP needed down a few levels most likely wont be a bad thing as there is more content and xp around at those levels compared to 18-20. A straight reduction would be better imho but this is prob the next best thing.

  10. #10
    Community Member Elation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    654

    Default Its not mandatory

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Yep i get what you meant....its cool having the *option* to bank a level but the fact that its almost mandatory to do it especially on a 3rd life is kind of a let down of the gaming experience. When you gain a level it should be something you should celebrate, cool if you want wait for a friend to catch up. Not so cool if you need to wait to farm X and Y quests yet, and desperately need that xp for the level after, and so on and so forth. The leveling and xp in this game is so complicated it seems, if anything I think it encourages people to either solo level up or only group in a static group. Making a small playing population even smaller.

    Anyway I don't agree with the OP redistributing the XP needed down a few levels most likely wont be a bad thing as there is more content and xp around at those levels compared to 18-20. A straight reduction would be better imho but this is prob the next best thing.
    The point being its not mandatory at alleven on a third life TR, its a mindset. Eh, it does not really matter, I suppose just a difference in play styles.
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

  11. #11
    Community Member SiliconScout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    I find the OPs posision odd as the biggest complaint with TR xp seems to be the back loaded curve that causes players to level past unplayed lower level quests just to grind repetitions of the higher ones.

    Also, I'd like to note that if "banking levels" in any circumstance is an intended practice it shows very poor game design.
    I understand there is going to be some sort of new rather harsh repition penalty that decays over time (kinda like chest ransack timers). From the mutterings I have heard it is expected to be punative enough that farming a quest would now consist of 1 run at each difficulty and then basically not coming back.


  12. #12
    Community Member gaffneyks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Figures, once again Turbine goes fixing the wrong problem.

    Why don't they just lower the xp for 3+ lifes? and get rid of the Bravery bonus?

    I have Tr'd a number of times, now I have grown tired of the grind. Tired of the xp/min zergfest.
    They make these changes, honestly I probably will just stop
    Tr'ng. Maybe play epic levels for a while. Or maybe just move on.

    It's just not fun anymore. I even bought xp stones on toons to skip the grind as I had done it so much already.
    Sad but true.
    Last edited by gaffneyks; 07-18-2013 at 09:22 PM.

  13. #13
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post
    Figures, once again Turbine goes fixing the wrong problem.

    Why don't they just lower the xp for 3+ lifes? and get rid of the Bravery bonus?

    I have Tr'd a number of times, now I have grown tired of the grind. Tired of the xp/min zergfest.
    They make these changes, honestly I probably will just stop
    Tr'ng. Maybe play epic levels for a while. Or maybe just move on.

    It's just not fun anymore. I even bought xp stones on toons to skip the grind as I had done it so much already.
    Sad but true.
    that's the problem right there. you are grinding xp and not playing the quests. I assume you are doing the typical grind of elite once for BB and hard farm the same quests that give the best xp/min in that level range?

    if you have no problem soloing, throwing up an lfm or running with a static group and run all the quests regardless of how much xp it gives out, you grind quests a lot less. I don't run every single quest in the game, but theres maybe a dozen total I end up skipping. the first quest I actually do more than twice is Litany and than its ETK and MOS. I do a one and done sweep of Vale and sometimes Amrath wilderness. the game feels less grindy this way and theres enough xp to do this, especially if you are one to drink xp pots.

  14. #14
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    I understand there is going to be some sort of new rather harsh repition penalty that decays over time (kinda like chest ransack timers). From the mutterings I have heard it is expected to be punative enough that farming a quest would now consist of 1 run at each difficulty and then basically not coming back.
    hypothetically speaking, if the xp curve was adjusted well it would be a good change. hypothetically speaking, i would think farming quests would pretty much happen for loot and it would feel less grindy. hypothetically speaking, it could make for a more relaxing grind back up to cap. hypothetically speaking, i could get behind a change like that if Turbine were do something like that. something like this should go under Suggestions and Ideas.

  15. #15
    Community Member gaffneyks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    that's the problem right there. you are grinding xp and not playing the quests. I assume you are doing the typical grind of elite once for BB and hard farm the same quests that give the best xp/min in that level range?

    if you have no problem soloing, throwing up an lfm or running with a static group and run all the quests regardless of how much xp it gives out, you grind quests a lot less. I don't run every single quest in the game, but theres maybe a dozen total I end up skipping. the first quest I actually do more than twice is Litany and than its ETK and MOS. I do a one and done sweep of Vale and sometimes Amrath wilderness. the game feels less grindy this way and theres enough xp to do this, especially if you are one to drink xp pots.
    No that is not the problem, the problem is the XP required to TR. I have already played the quest many many times. To TR you have to grind SO much xp. Doing every quest 3 times, once on elite, hard and normal is still grinding.

    As i stated Turbine is solving the wrong problem.

  16. #16
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneyks View Post

    Why don't they just lower the xp for 3+ lifes? and get rid of the Bravery bonus?
    .
    Because everyone will be solo farming easy normal quests again.

  17. #17
    Community Member Noctus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.
    Posts
    4,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    This is a complete failure because lv 18 is the level with more xp avaliable!
    Nope.

    Content level 18-20 is in a XP-draught. You have to scrape by with really bad XP quests. While in the lower and midlevel quest-areas XP are very decent, even outside thefew known XP-farming quests
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

    AOK - From Argonnessen

  18. #18
    Community Member Miow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    I find the OPs posision odd as the biggest complaint with TR xp seems to be the back loaded curve that causes players to level past unplayed lower level quests just to grind repetitions of the higher ones. Also, I'd like to note that if "banking levels" in any circumstance is an intended practice it shows very poor game design.
    I've never seen trs who don't bank levels.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,741

    Default DPS comparison between TWF and THF?

    Ack, sorry about the post title, I accidentally hit the wrong button trying to post a new thread.

    As for the topic at hand, anything they do to make 16-20 less grindy is okay by me. I've said before that I would never buy a stone to skip from 8 to 16, because I like to do all the quests and there's no need for much repetition in that range, but a stone to skip from 18 to 20 I'd very seriously consider buying. I'd prefer, though, that they just cut down the XP requirement and am glad they are doing so.
    Last edited by Qaliya; 07-19-2013 at 06:50 AM.

  20. #20
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Yep i get what you meant....its cool having the *option* to bank a level but the fact that its almost mandatory to do it especially on a 3rd life is kind of a let down of the gaming experience.
    It's absolutely not mandatory for everyone... I just finished a 3rd life TR that had never had to bank a level... and hardly ever repeated a quest... Now, I'm VIP with all the packs, VIP 10% exp bonus, bravery bonus, and xp tome. I even skipped many packs that have epic equivalent since I knew I'd run them later.

    But if you're FTP with limited packs and no xp tome, maybe it's different for you

    Anyway I don't agree with the OP redistributing the XP needed down a few levels most likely wont be a bad thing as there is more content and xp around at those levels compared to 18-20. A straight reduction would be better imho but this is prob the next best thing.
    I agree with this... I'm looking forward to the redistributing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload