Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Question about Deathnip + Stunning Wep

Quick Question about Dual Wielding:

Of the following options, which would produce most damage (or is there something else I'm overlooking)

Assume Kensai I, Power Critical, Imp Critical Piercing

A) Dual-Wielding Deathnips

B) Dual-Wielding Dethnip + Stunning Wep, so that I get all the critical bonuses + stunning chances on hits

C) Dual-Wielding Deathnip + some high-crit range item (like a rapier or Treason)

D) Other suggestions

My recommendation would be to Dual-Wield Deathnips and use the Seal of House Dun'Robar to get the Stunning +10, and the Adamantine Cloak of the Bear to get the Exceptional Combat Mastery +6.

That is, if you're up to the level of grinding that would entail...
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Quote Originally Posted by Phidius View Post
    My recommendation would be to Dual-Wield Deathnips and use the Seal of House Dun'Robar to get the Stunning +10, and the Adamantine Cloak of the Bear to get the Exceptional Combat Mastery +6.

That is, if you're up to the level of grinding that would entail...
    Yup that is lots of grinding.

to the OP:
    Epic spare hand from house C challenges for +5 combat mastery is easy to get.
    And you can look for "debilitation" suffix on random gen heavy picks, it includes stunning+10 sometimes, plus a chance at a good prefix.
    And you can also fit +10 stun in alchemical weapons along with other good effects like shocking burst, lightning strike....
    Argo: - Trolls Lair / Intransigence

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by serthcore View Post
    Yup that is lots of grinding.

to the OP:
    Epic spare hand from house C challenges for +5 combat mastery is easy to get.
    And you can look for "debilitation" suffix on random gen heavy picks, it includes stunning+10 sometimes, plus a chance at a good prefix.
    And you can also fit +10 stun in alchemical weapons along with other good effects like shocking burst, lightning strike....
    Except that picks without the expanded crit range kind of suck. If going Kensei III I'd stick with dual deathnips, if you are set on picks. But the best TWF option right now in the game is Balizarde. Deathnips will make up some of the gap when used with adrenal overload, but Balizarde will recharge adrenaline faster and generally deals more damage. Off-hand Balizarde + deathnip is pretty wicked, with a pair of Celestia for high DR targets... but now we're talking some serious grind. But honestly, anything short of that I still recommend khopeshes, since you can have a golf bag full that do as much damage as deathnip but for every situation.