Thread: ED Question

Default ED Question

OK so I heard rumors that with the new xpact that when you tr you will lose all your ed experience is this true? If so can someone point me to the location that exsplains this. If this is true then I and many people that I know will be leaving the game(without all the fan fare that usually goes on) since I/they( and a lot of other peeps) have put a lot of time/money(XP pots and what not) grinding those ed's out. SOOOOOOO please tell me this is not true. Thanks in advance for any responses.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

Quote Originally Posted by Devilteck View Post
    OK so I heard rumors that with the new xpact that when you tr you will lose all your ed experience is this true? If so can someone point me to the location that exsplains this. If this is true then I and many people that I know will be leaving the game(without all the fan fare that usually goes on) since I/they( and a lot of other peeps) have put a lot of time/money(XP pots and what not) grinding those ed's out. SOOOOOOO please tell me this is not true. Thanks in advance for any responses.
    It is not true. Any changes to how TR'ing work is scheduled for Update 20, after the expansion. There has been no news recently.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    It is not true. Any changes to how TR'ing work is scheduled for Update 20, after the expansion. There has been no news recently.
    OK not just for the xpact then at anytime in the future will you have to regrind all the ed xp that we have gained? I aks because I am 2 1/2 levels away from having them all completely done and done I mean all bubbles including the last one.

The sleeper has awakened

Krakonos The Ancient One Guild leader of Guardians of the Game Khyber

KrakenHeads(L20 WF THF) Ftr, KrakenSkulzz(L20 WF TWF), KrakenKills(L24 Drow Assisin), Spydraxis, KrakenSouls(L25 Human Fvs), KrakenHealz(L24 Human Cleric), KrakenTunes(L18 Drow Bard/Crafter A150/D150/E150)

OK not just for the xpact then at anytime in the future will you have to regrind all the ed xp that we have gained? I aks because I am 2 1/2 levels away from having them all completely done and done I mean all bubbles including the last one.
    The devs originally proposed a system like that, but after player protests, backed off that idea significantly. They have not put forth another proposal yet, so we have no idea what they are thinking and likely won't until after the Expansion.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

there was a lot of negativity on it when we first heard about it and i haven't seen or heard anything about a possible change or what since then. i don't know if they still plan on losing ED xp or not, so its a wait and see right now. i don't know if i would quit if we were to lose ED xp, but i know i wouldn't TR again and any new characters would get past lives out of the way first before entering epic levels. there is no way i would regrind for twists ever again.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    The devs originally proposed a system like that, but after player protests, backed off that idea significantly. They have not put forth another proposal yet, so we have no idea what they are thinking and likely won't until after the Expansion.
    I disagree that the developers backed off the idea. From what I read they were very adamant that losing all of your Epic Destinies but those locked by TR was part of the point of TRing. What I remember them reconsidering is how they were going to compensate people for the ED XP they already had and were told they would not lose.

However, until we can access the Lamannia forums again we won't be able to link to the actual posts.

To the OP: I would keep in mind that there is no longer a guarantee that you will keep any ED XP you gain between now and when the new TR stuff is released. They do intend to compensate for it, but at this time we don't know what that compensation is going to be so we can decide if it is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I disagree that the developers backed off the idea. From what I read they were very adamant that losing all of your Epic Destinies but those locked by TR was part of the point of TRing. What I remember them reconsidering is how they were going to compensate people for the ED XP they already had and were told they would not lose.
    No, they backed off it and essentially scrapped the idea of wiping out all your destinies. Thankfully.

Here is the direct link
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-amp-Iconic-TR
    It is not blocked off.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.