Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    S

Still don't see that Clerics having 4 trees would somehow be a disaster.
    I agree more options is never as bad as less options.

How awesome is that warpriest tree that came out as promised in U19 patch 1????

Community Member

i sense sarcasm

So...preview now?
    Thelanis - Dragons of the Shire
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)
    Nae haz a story. Go read it.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Yup, preview... right now... in Lamania.

I just checked and it's there... and the best of all at first glance it looks decent. Now I don't have time today to explore it in depth, so I'll do that over the week end.

The sad bit is that the stupid Shard counter is still there tucked on the corner or the screen. Well we can't have everything.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Yup, preview... right now... in Lamania.

I just checked and it's there... and the best of all at first glance it looks decent. Now I don't have time today to explore it in depth, so I'll do that over the week end.

The sad bit is that the stupid Shard counter is still there tucked on the corner or the screen. Well we can't have everything.
    Yeah, I'm at work, so I'm giddy with anticipation.

Especially if it looks decent already.
    Naeryna (Sun Elf 24 FvS Evoker) // Dianocia (Drow 11 Buckler o' Swashes) // Valissia (Elf 22 Shiradi Druid)

Any chance someone would be willing to post the details for those of us unwilling to spend the 5-6 hours it would take our pathetic internet conections to download lamannia?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Warpriest:

Core:
    1: Smite Foe
    Activate: Smite your enemy with a melee attack that deals an additional 2[W] damage. Cooldown: 15s
    Passive: +2 AC, +5 Fire spellpower, +5 Light spellpower
    2: Resilience of Battle
    Passive: DR 5/-, +2 AC, +5 Fire/Light Spellpower
    3: Sanctuary
    Activate (10 SP): For 20 seconds, you gain +20 Sacred Bonus to PR. Cooldown: 1m
    Passive: +2 AC, +5 Fire/Light spellpower
    4: War Domain: Haste
    Haste is added to your spellbook as a level 3 spell.
    5: War Domain: Blur
    Blur is added to your spellbook as a level 2 spell. In addition, you permanently benefit from the effects of the Blur spell.
    6: Implacable Foe
    Activate: You and nearby allies gain 100 temporary HP and their attacks will deal 10% additional damage. For the next 18s, these bonuses will refresh every 3 seconds on you and each ally that remains in range. These effects will expire 5 seconds after they are no longer refreshed. Cooldown: 5m
    Passive: +2 Wis, +2 AC, +5 Fire/Light spellpower

Working on the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    Warpriest:

Core:
    1: Smite Foe
    Activate: Smite your enemy with a melee attack that deals an additional 2[W] damage. Cooldown: 15s
    Passive: +2 AC, +5 Fire spellpower, +5 Light spellpower
    2: Resilience of Battle
    Passive: DR 5/-, +2 AC, +5 Fire/Light Spellpower
    3: Sanctuary
    Activate (10 SP): For 20 seconds, you gain +20 Sacred Bonus to PR. Cooldown: 1m
    4: War Domain: Haste
    Haste is added to your spellbook as a level 3 spell.
    5: War Domain: Blur
    Blur is added to your spellbook as a level 2 spell. In addition, you permanently benefit from the effects of the Blur spell.
    6: Implacable Foe
    Activate: You and nearby allies gain 100 temporary HP and their attacks will deal 10% additional damage. For the next 18s, these bonuses will refresh every 3 seconds on you and each ally that remains in range. These effects will expire 5 seconds after they are no longer refreshed. Cooldown: 5m
    Passive: +2 Wis, +2 AC, +5 Fire/Light spellpower

Working on the rest.
    That's a good beginning.

+1 to you for writing it out.

Community Member

warpriest:

+5 light and fire spell power for each core ability

gain a +1w attack, 5/- dr, can cast haste, perma blur,

has a costly ability called inflame, once upgraded spending 6*3 ap can give everyone +4 to attack, damage, saves, and 15% absorpion of elemental damage

has the 5hp*3
    10prr
    +3search and 1 save reflex trap

has a line of 2ap to boost damage of your deity weapon of choice, raising its enhancement bonus. (sun god has a crappy heavy mace )
    the tier5 of the weapon line give also 3d4 light damage for 6 seconds after a vorpal hit, i would have preferred something like: your deity weapon gains radiance effect.

tier5 is: divine intervention, tier5 weapon line, 30% enemy gets knock down when damae you with a spell, permanent divine power 6str and bab of a fighter, and a special aoe dot who charges as you melee damage enemies, at 25 charges release an aoe of 1d4 light + 1d4 fire damage per caster level

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I really don't see a problem if Clerics did have 4 trees. Sorcs have 4 trees, with at least one more planned for them.

And since they want to call these trees "domains", Clerics by right ought to have dozens of them available to choose from, not just 3.
    Sorcs have 1 tree btw it just has multiple versions theres little to no difference other than element between those trees and why keep protection it's useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Thanks for posting some details!

Whets the appetite. Now I am definitely going to have to wait on the LR's, this is more like my current playstyle.
    More options are good. Pigeonholing classes is bad.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Yeah, seeing the preview means that I'm not going to be turning Nae into a Sorcerer. Being an actual melee divine is much more fun.

And the rest:

Tier 1:

Divine Might (3 ranks)
    Activate (21/18/15 SP): Gain insight bonus to Str equal to your Charisma modifier for 30/60/120 seconds

Toughness (3 ranks)
    Passive: 5/10/15 HP

Righteous Weapons (2 AP)
    Passive: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains +1 to its Enhancement Bonus

Sacred Touch (3 ranks)
    Sacred Touch: When you heal allies (with positive energy damage spells) they gain +1/2/3 AC and +1/2/3 PRR for 12s

Awareness (3 ranks)
    Passive: +1/2/3 Listen, Search, Spot. 3rd rank: +1 saving throws vs. traps. (Note: this is mentioned in the tool tip on rank 1 and 2, nice job!)

Tier 2:

Smite Weakness (2 AP)
    When you strike an enemy with Smite Foe, they gain four to seven stacks of Vulnerable. (for each stack, the target takes 1% more damage for 3 seconds. This effect stacks up to 20 times, and loses one stack on expiration.)

Wall of Steel (3 ranks)
    Passive: +3/6/10 PRR

Righteous Weapons (2 AP, requires T1 Righteous weapons)
    Passive: When wielding your religion's favored weapon, it gains +1 to its Enhancement Bonus

Inflame (3 ranks)
    Action Boost: You and your nearby allies gain a +2/3/4 Action Boost bonus to AC, Attack, and Damage for 30s. Cooldown: 60s

Inflame: Saving Throws (3 ranks, requires Inflame)
    Your Inflame now also grants +2/3/4 Action Boost bonus to all Saving Throws

Tier 3:

Burden of Sin (3 ranks)
    5%10%/15% Chance on Being Hit: The enemy that struck you gains one stack of Burdened. (-1 Str and Dex. Stacks 10 times, loses one stack on expiration)

Righteous Weapons (2 AP, requires T2 Righteous weapons)

Inflame: Energy Absorption (3 ranks, requires Inflame)
    Your Inflame now also grants a 5/10/15% Action Boost bonus to Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic energy absorption

+1 Wis, Str, or Cha

Tier 4:

Ameliorating Strike (2 AP)
    When your Smite Foe strikes a crit, you and your nearby allies are healed by 1d4 per character level, and benefit from the effects of the Lesser Restoration spell (affected by your positive spellpower)

Light Guard (3 ranks)
    Enemies that strike you are dealt 1d4/2d4/3d4 Light damage

Righteous Weapons (2 AP, requires T3 Righteous weapons)

+1 Wis, Str, or Cha

Tier 5:

Divine Power (2 AP)
    Passive: Your god has imbued you with power and skill in combat, granting a +6 enhancement bonus to Str, and a base attack bonus equal to a fighter of the same level.

Divine Vessel (3 ranks)
    Toggle: While active, your attacks generate a stack of Divine Conduit. When Divine Conduit reaches 25, it is removed and nearby enemies take 1d4 Fire and 1d4 Light damage per character level (affected by spellpower). You may only gain a stack of Divine Conduit once every 3/2/1 seconds.

Righteous Weapons (2 AP, requires T3 Righteous weapons)
    On Vorpal, your attacks gain 3d4 Light damage on hit for the next 6 seconds.

Magic Backlash (3 ranks)
    Passive: When an enemy damages you with a spell, there is a 10/20/30% chance they will be knocked down. Does not effect bosses.

Divine Intervention (2 AP)
    Active (30 SP): Ward your target against fatal damage. Hit point damage cannot lower a warded ally's hit point total below -9. When a warded ally is incapacitated, this effect heals the target after a few seconds for 10-39 HP then fades. Cooldown: 2m

Thanks for posting all that. It looks sweet.

I can only hope that the righteous weapons and proc-on-attack abilities works correctly on longbows for the silver flame. I have visions of actually enjoying my cleric life as I work towards completionist on my AA.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Things I am wondering about right now after looking at that list:
    -Do the non-melee-speccific (specifically wondering about all tiers of righteous weapons and divine vessel) abilities work on bows?
    -Does the Inflame action boost properly interact with the human action boost enhancements that give stat bonuses?
    -Does righteous weapons stack with AA or battle engineer (or any other enhancement that increases the enhancement bonus of the weapon) enhancement boosts
    Matt Walsh:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12