Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Tell your funny players meeting stories here!

Because my afternoon is going really really slowly, let's share funny stories of our interactions with other players in random pugs. Names aren't really necessary, and the odder the better.

So...coupla years ago on Orien, I was in a guild group of five, and we always threw open extra spots for new people to meet other players. We get Sorc, and we get moving. I have since forgotten the quest, but we still laugh about Sorc's antics to this day. Our first clue that things were about to get a little strange was he kept calling Patches (our healer) Peaches. And singing the millions of peaches song every ten seconds. He redubbed my husband "Red Sonja" for no reason we can discern, as he was playing a male dwarf toon at the time. At the time I guess I was around a 38 year old woman, and everytime I spoke about anything he'd loudly explain "Boy, you wouldn't have said THAT in the war!" He ran more than half the quest with his toon running backwards. There was a period where he randomly mood like a cow, and every now and then he would yell "BACON!" in the way most people yell Bonzai.

It probably should have been annoying as all get out, but it was just so weird we were all kinda bemused, and still laugh about it to the this day. I wonder if he was on some sort of pain medication, drunk outta his mind, or just that strange. There was no slurring of words or anything.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

A great one a while ago for me was as a random pug in a group of others, going through a bunch of assorted quests & one guy was just making us crack up by providing a running commentary of responses/repeating npc lines in an uncanny imitation of Herbert the pervert from family guy, was barely able to concentrate i was laughing so hard at times.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Because my afternoon is going really really slowly, let's share funny stories of our interactions with other players in random pugs. Names aren't really necessary, and the odder the better.

So...coupla years ago on Orien, I was in a guild group of five, and we always threw open extra spots for new people to meet other players. We get Sorc, and we get moving. I have since forgotten the quest, but we still laugh about Sorc's antics to this day. Our first clue that things were about to get a little strange was he kept calling Patches (our healer) Peaches. And singing the millions of peaches song every ten seconds. He redubbed my husband "Red Sonja" for no reason we can discern, as he was playing a male dwarf toon at the time. At the time I guess I was around a 38 year old woman, and everytime I spoke about anything he'd loudly explain "Boy, you wouldn't have said THAT in the war!" He ran more than half the quest with his toon running backwards. There was a period where he randomly mood like a cow, and every now and then he would yell "BACON!" in the way most people yell Bonzai.

It probably should have been annoying as all get out, but it was just so weird we were all kinda bemused, and still laugh about it to the this day. I wonder if he was on some sort of pain medication, drunk outta his mind, or just that strange. There was no slurring of words or anything.
    Lol sounds like you ran into a RP, personally i find them fun.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Lol sounds like you ran into a RP, personally i find them fun.
    I'm not sure what he was rping, except maybe a headwound victim. I'm a tabletop D&D rper, I'm not unfamiliar with role playing. LOL But that guy was a little off. But he was hilarious, and we had a great time with it.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!