Community Member

Default (Answered)What do I need to do to get my account "up to date"?

Hi all,

Question regarding MOTU and the SC expansion here. I currently have a standard edition of DDO. Atm it's F2P but I will be going back to VIP soon (I like having access to everything). I don't have MOTU.

With the release of Shadowfell Conspiracy, will I need to purchase both upgrades to have all content, or will SC include MOTU by default?

Thanks for replies.

Ist.
    Last edited by Istaria1; 07-18-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I believe you have to purchase both, but that there is an option to get motu for a reduced price when you buy Shadowfell. Or at least there was when I bought Shadowfell.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Ah OK, not what I wanted to hear really, but thank you

Community Member

Just tested this in the DDO store - this is correct.

If you choose to pre-purchase SC, you get an option to purchase MOTU at a discount.

Ist.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Istaria1 View Post
    Just tested this in the DDO store - this is correct.

If you choose to pre-purchase SC, you get an option to purchase MOTU at a discount.

Ist.
    Oh good, I know I saw it there when I bought my expansion (nearly bought it by mistake from being click happy, I've had motu forever) and was hoping it would still be up for people. Motu (except for the raid, which was stunningly unfun in my opinion) is not only a good source of xp, items, and the destinies, but the quests had a high "fun" factor and I enjoy running them a lot. I think it's a great pack for people.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Also if you want to play over lev 20. You really need motu for epic destiny. Brings a whole new dimension to the game.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.