Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question New Player, spending a bit of money. Looking for thoughts.

I'm thinking of picking up the Starter Pack. The name, obviously, suggests it is intended as a starting point for new players. There are a lot of limitations and "surprises" I'm finding as I go through my first time. So, I'm wanting to check with more experience players before I do something I will regret. So ... the Starter Pack.

First question... Do these sorts of things go on-sale often? It might be worth waiting for a sale.

This lists for $10 on the DDO market. It includes:
    Catacombs Adventure Pack
    • All Servers, All Characters, forever?
    • Are there F2P adventures for level 3,4 characters?
    • If it was good for more than 2 levels of character, this would be worth $10 on it's own.

Fiendish Scorpion Pet
    • this is useless and just cosmetic, right?

Permanent Cleric Hireling (Bound-to-Account)
    • Permanent as in I can summon the Cleric whenever I need her over and over, even if I'm level 20?
    • Is there one "contract" that I need to pass between characters on a server (inconvenient and stupid restriction IMHO)?
    • Is this one contract for all servers or one contract per server?
    • If it's one for all servers, how does it get passed between servers?

5 Experience Elixers (Bound-to-Character)
    • Bound-to-Character means I have to be logged in as a specific character and I can't pass the elixers my other characters? If they all go to one character and can't be spread around, that goes beyond inconvenient.

250 Turbine Points
    • No questions, these I understand. The limit of not being able to share them between other games that also use Turbine Points is decidedly inconvenient.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 07-18-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: found one of my own answers.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Community Member

Well, lets anwser those question

First question... Do these sorts of things go on-sale often? It might be worth waiting for a sale.
    Well I saw a few pack going on sale for special occasion... but not that often. Right now, the MotU pack is on sale (and really worth if has a first thing to buy).

Catacombs Adventure Pack
    All Servers, All Characters, forever?
    Are there F2P adventures for level 3,4 characters?
    If it was good for more than 2 levels of character, this would be worth $10 on it's own.

Yes, all servers, all character on that account and forever. Only thing, there are already plenty of F2P adventures for lvl 3-4. I got it, but personally only ran it 2-3 time in many TR (for fun + favor). If you want to farm favor for more TP, it might be worth it. If I had to pick... this wouldnt be my first choice of adventure pack (since there are plenty of quest at low lvl, the lack of content F2P is in higher lvls)

Fiendish Scorpion Pet
    this is useless and just cosmetic, right?

Double right.

Permanent as in I can summon the Cleric whenever I need her over and over, even if I'm level 20?
    Is there one "contract" that I need to pass between characters on a server (inconvenient and stupid restriction IMHO)?
    Is this one contract for all servers or one contract per server?
    If it's one for all servers, how does it get passed between servers?

If it is really BtA, I guess its 1 per server and you have to pass it around. You can use it at lvl 20, but it will remain lvl3... which isnt really usefully since they can only do minor healing (and die pretty quickly).

Bound-to-Character means I have to be logged in as a specific character and I can't pass the elixers my other characters? If they all go to one character and can't be spread around, that goes beyond inconvenient.

They will remain on 1 character only. Inconvenient I totaly agree, but still "usefull" (I would wait until later to make sure they are not wasted or anything)

250 Turbine Points
    No questions, these I understand. The limit of not being able to share them between other games that also use Turbine Points is decidedly inconvenient.

Agree too, but its better than nothing xD

Thanks in advance.

So my advice... as a first bought item, dont. there is enaugh F2P content to pass to lvl 6 easily. The hireling is not useful at all (you wont need 2 hireling at that level to go trough the content) and will simply be a 1hit meat shield at higher lvl (so really not worth it) The XP pot are nice, but you shouldnt use them now until you know what you are doing (since they are on timer, they go to waste quite fast and easily). The pet is... well, cosmetic, and 250TP wont get you that far. overall, not really worth it.

So, I dont know your budget, but the best cost/content I can see is the Menace of the Underdark™ Standard Edition. Its 34.99$

3 Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs
    The King's Forest, The Underdark, The Demonweb which are Epic quest chain (over lvl 20) and are fun to play

Epic Destinies (Worth 995TP)
    Attain epic enhancements as you progress through levels 20-25. Are special bonus you can level up after lvl 20. Must have content for lvl over 20 and increase viablity/replayability.

Druid Class (Worth 1495TP)
    A really nice class.

Eveningstar Challenge Pack (Worth 695TP)
    Are not that good, but still fun to play a couple of time

Greater Tome of Learning
    (Worth 1595TP)
    (1 free tome per DDO game world)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +50% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +20% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.
    Perfect for your main char, will help a lot if you decide to TR (I would keep it until you are sure which char you will keep!)

1,000 Turbine Points

Veteran Status (lvl 4) (Worth 995Tp, but easily unlockable whit 1k Favor)
    Start a new character at level 4!

DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle (total worth: 1600TP)
    Phiarlan Carnival (Lvl5 quest, nice to play. TP cost: 450)
    Attack on Stormreach(Lvl 13 questsTP cost: 450)
    The Path of Inspiration (Lvl 18 questsTP cost: 350)
    The Dreaming Dark (Lvl 20 questsTP cost: 350)

Nice pack of quests

MotU standard pack is worth 8375TP + the Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs, and right now only for 35$ (Usualy for 35$ you only get 3150TP)

Overall, everything in here (exept for challange) are worth the price. Whit the extra 1000 TP, there are quite a few packs you could buy to improve your DDO experience: Vale of Twilight, Gianthold, Sand of Menechtarun (those are the 3 pack I see giving the more benefits). The pack is more than the starter pack, but give, in my opinion, 10-15x more good content for 3.5x the price.

Hope this will help
    Last edited by caissede12; 07-18-2013 at 11:54 AM.

2016 DDO Players Council PsychoBlonde's Avatar

Personally, I'd say give the starter pack a miss. $10 translates to about 850 turbine points and what you're paying for is barely worth that. Instead, just buy $20 in turbine points (1600 points) and get the Necropolis Bundle (1495 points).

The reason why I suggest getting this bundle is that these are some of the best XP quests in the game (and some of the best mid-level loot) staggered across levels 5-17. Some of the quests ARE kind of difficult (particularly in Necro 2 and 3), but people also RUN them a lot so it's usually very easy to get a group that can show you the ropes. On a first life character the Necropolis Bundle along with f2p quests can get you pretty much to level 20 without having to buy anything else, and you'll learn a lot about how the game works because the quests have EVERYTHING: traps, puzzles, mazes, etc. There's even raid flagging and a raid for you to cut your teeth on. There are also multiple loot turn-ins for tapestry shreds, shield fragments, and tome pages meaning this is an excellent pack to farm for salebait. Since it's all Silver Flame favor, this pack will also help you get access to Silver Flame Potions which go a long way toward helping make your character more self-sufficient.

If you want to spend a bit MORE money, I'd suggest getting Ruins of Gianthold (950). This is the single-most valuable pack in the game--it has HUGE xp and also the epic version is the current endgame.

After that, look at Tangleroot Gorge (550 points) and Delera's Tomb (850 points), along with Sorrowdusk Isle (450 points). All of these packs have fairly good xp and excellent loot. Tangleroot gets you access to the only low-level death ward clickie in the game (along with some other decentish low-level BtA gear) which is invaluable in the Necropolis. Delera's gets you the Voice of the Master which gives a 5% xp buff when worn. Sorrowdusk has some very nice mid-level gear in it and *all* of the quests are extremely short, making it easy to run again and again.

After that, you probably want to prioritize getting, Vale of Twilight (850), Vault of Night (750), and Demon Sands (950). Vale gets you access to greensteel, i.e. the best TRing gear in the game. It also has some of the best level 16 farming quests in the game, making it much, much easier to get to 20. Vault of Night is a fantastic mid-level AND epic pack with HUGE xp and some nice loot in the raid. Demon Sands is just an enormous friggin area with tons of quests, xp, and exploration.

I *don't* recommend picking up the MOTU xpack until you have an epic-level character. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome pack, it's just too expensive for someone just spending money on the game for the first time and the lowest-level content is level 19. The Necro bundle is by far the most expansive package in terms of levels covered and stuff you get.

The packs do go on sale periodically so by all means wait until they are cheap--and try to buy your points during Double Bonus Points whenever possible.
    Thelanis player: Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Kimberlei (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Daiahn, Arrekeh

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by caissede12 View Post
    So, I dont know your budget, but the best cost/content I can see is the Menace of the Underdark™ Standard Edition. Its 34.99$

3 Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs
    The King's Forest, The Underdark, The Demonweb which are Epic quest chain (over lvl 20) and are fun to play

Epic Destinies (Worth 995TP)
    Attain epic enhancements as you progress through levels 20-25. Are special bonus you can level up after lvl 20. Must have content for lvl over 20 and increase viablity/replayability.

Druid Class (Worth 1495TP)
    A really nice class.

Eveningstar Challenge Pack (Worth 695TP)
    Are not that good, but still fun to play a couple of time

Greater Tome of Learning
    (Worth 1595TP)
    (1 free tome per DDO game world)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +50% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +20% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.
    Perfect for your main char, will help a lot if you decide to TR (I would keep it until you are sure which char you will keep!)

1,000 Turbine Points

Veteran Status (lvl 4) (Worth 995Tp, but easily unlockable whit 1k Favor)
    Start a new character at level 4!

DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle (total worth: 1600TP)
    Phiarlan Carnival (Lvl5 quest, nice to play. TP cost: 450)
    Attack on Stormreach(Lvl 13 questsTP cost: 450)
    The Path of Inspiration (Lvl 18 questsTP cost: 350)
    The Dreaming Dark (Lvl 20 questsTP cost: 350)

Nice pack of quests

MotU standard pack is worth 8375TP + the Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs, and right now only for 35$ (Usualy for 35$ you only get 3150TP)

Overall, everything in here (exept for challange) are worth the price. Whit the extra 1000 TP, there are quite a few packs you could buy to improve your DDO experience: Vale of Twilight, Gianthold, Sand of Menechtarun (those are the 3 pack I see giving the more benefits). The pack is more than the starter pack, but give, in my opinion, 10-15x more good content for 3.5x the price.

Hope this will help

I agree that this seems like a very good deal, but how does one buy it? I see an MotU Complete Pack at the DDO Store listed for 4995 TP, but not one listed for cash. The description seems to be for the MotU content only, it does not mention the Greater Tome, the permanent hireling nor the 1000 extra TP mentioned in your post. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gate-keeper View Post
    I agree that this seems like a very good deal, but how does one buy it? I see an MotU Complete Pack at the DDO Store listed for 4995 TP, but not one listed for cash. The description seems to be for the MotU content only, it does not mention the Greater Tome, the permanent hireling nor the 1000 extra TP mentioned in your post. Am I looking in the wrong place?
    its in the same spot as the starter pack, under DDO Market (No idea how to do hyperlink here xD lol)
    (http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516100)

Community Member

its in the same spot as the starter pack, under DDO Market (No idea how to do hyperlink here xD lol)
    (http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516100)
    /em forehead_smack

So DDO Store and DDO Market are two different things, d'oh!

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Do not buy

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    I'm thinking of picking up the Starter Pack. The name, obviously, suggests it is intended as a starting point for new players. There are a lot of limitations and "surprises" I'm finding as I go through my first time. So, I'm wanting to check with more experience players before I do something I will regret.

So ... the First question... Do these sorts of things go on-sale often? It might be worth waiting for a sale.

Catacombs Adventure Pack
    • All Servers, All Characters, forever?
    • Are there F2P adventures for level 3,4 characters?
    • If it was good for more than 2 levels of character, this would be worth $10 on it's own.

Catacombs is basically a run it once quest series. The loot is bad, but is very good for the Favor / turbine point spent. The only good loot is the Eternal Wand of Cure Minor Wounds. It is 50 charges that gives you 1 or 2 HP back with each charge. Then it RECHARGES. Excellent item for a soloist. All other items you will find MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better elsewhere.

Turbine does have quest sales. Sometimes they are 20% off, sometimes 25%, off sometimes 30% off, and one time on Catacombs there was a 75% off!!! Usually around Christmas Turbine will offer their best sales, but you never know. The frequency of adventure pack sales has decreased over the past year.

Wait for Catacombs to go on sale at least at 20% off.

Fiendish Scorpion Pet
    • this is useless and just cosmetic, right?

Correct, At this time all cosmetic pets are absolutely useless. In some RAIDS it is requested that pets be turned off.

• Permanent as in I can summon the Cleric whenever I need her over and over, even if I'm level 20?
    • Is there one "contract" that I need to pass between characters on a server (inconvenient and stupid restriction IMHO)?
    • Is this one contract for all servers or one contract per server?
    • If it's one for all servers, how does it get passed between servers?

One Level 3 Cleric. My guess, you will need a shared bank to pass the hireling from character to character on that server. You will probably receive an item in your inventory that represents the cleric. One character on each server will get this item. When you click the item, you will be blessed with the scorpion hireling, the cleric hireling, and the potions of XP.

• Bound-to-Character means I have to be logged in as a specific character and I can't pass the elixers my other characters? If they all go to one character and can't be spread around, that goes beyond inconvenient.

Whichever character opens the ENVELOPE item gets the potions. Choose wisely. With Daily Dice, you will also get XP potions. Plus, if you find Small Eberron Stones if you get three of them, you can turn them in for XP potions. Same with Medium ones also.

250 Turbine Points
    • No questions, these I understand. The limit of not being able to share them between other games that also use Turbine Points is decidedly inconvenient.

Yup 250 TP to spend. Which is not enough.

Thanks in advance.
    yes, there are LOTS of free adventures for levels 3 on up. Waterworks in the Harbor. Depths series in House D. Run the House K quests to get more bank inventory space.

Here are P2P Adventure packs that I recommend

recommend highly

Shroud, Necropolis, Desert, Gianthold, Tangleroot, Sorrowdusk, and Delera's.

All others are okay, and you might want them, you might not.

Ad packs I don't recommend

Sharn Syndicate, Three Barrel Cove, and Devil Assault.

Another thing you might want to do is create a character on each server and to to 100 favor on each server. If you can score a group, it takes three hours tops. To solo, takes longer.

There are eight servers, 100 favor on each server will get you 125 favor per server, so a total of 1,000 Turbine Points.

MY RECOMMENDATION - Buy Catacombs separately. Even better, I would wait for Sorrowdusk and Tangleroot to go on a 20% off sale, and get BOTH of them for a total of 800 Turbine points on sale.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 07-18-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

So ... the Starter Pack.
    I'd skip it. It provides:

• Catacombs: a low-lvl adventure pack which isn't that popular anymore. There's a ton of low-lvl F2P content, so you don't need it for leveling. The end loot is all right for ML:2/3 items, but you'll out-level it so fast it's hardly worth the bother of farming. Pretty much the only reason to buy it now is for the Silver Flame favor.
    • A useless cosmetic pet.

• A permanent lvl 3 hireling - regular hirelings are dirt-cheap at that lvl, so it's not like you're saving yourself a lot of plat this way. [I wish Turbine introduced permanent hirelings who scaled with char level, but that's probably too useful.]
    • 5 XP elixirs - if you're into speed-leveling alts on multiple servers, having +30% XP for 15 hours on one character (per server IIUC) might justify the expense by itself. The problem is the elixirs are BtC and go to whoever is the first character you log into after buying the starter pack; so be careful you pick wisely.
    • 250 TPs - obviously useful, but only worth ~$3 on its own.

I'll second the recommendation for MotU SE: opens up a lot of content, plus druids & EDs.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 07-18-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Thumbs up Thanks you all

You have all pretty much agreed that the "starter pack" is of limited use and given me some good alternatives. The general theme seams to be that I probably don't need to look at expansions until level 5 or 6 at the earliest and will definitely need to consider them by the mid teens.

Some nice suggestions for ways to delay actually paying. Primarily create a character on every server and run them up to 100 favor.

Partly my intention is to support to the company and people that gave us DDO by paying for it. It seams to be a robust game that is designed to be fun for the people playing. The fact that more than one of you suggested ways to earn rewards in-game so that I wouldn't have to pay (or at least could delay paying) reinforces my belief the game was built to be fun (as opposed to so many games that were built to be annoying if you don't pay).

VIP (the monthly subscription) is a possibility for the future but not until I'm sure I plan on sticking around for more than a few months.

After reading through all the answers up to this point, there is consensus on the following area expansions being fun and worthwhile purchasing:
    • Tangleroot Gorge (levels 3-7) 550 pts
    • Delera's Toumb (levels 5-11) 850 pts
    • Sorrowdusk Isle (levels 6-10) 450 pts
    • Necropolis bundle (levels 5-17) 1,495 pts
      Necropolis 1 (levels 5,6)
      Necropolis 2 (levels 8,9)
      Necropolis 3 (levels 11,12)
    • Ruins of Gianthold (levels 13,14) 950 pts
    • Menace of the Underdark (level 19-25) 2,495 pts
    Last edited by Hazelnut; 07-18-2013 at 03:50 PM. Reason: adding summary of your suggestions.
    Zyinniah Hazelnut and Curissa Hazelnut on most servers.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Check out sirgog's review thread: hasn't been updated in a long time, so it doesn't review the more recent packs; but still plenty of good info about the classics.

Community Member

I have to say that as a Premium player, I'm not happy with the pricing of this game. The VIP option, however, seems fair enough.

Who does your taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastery404 View Post
    I have to say that as a Premium player, I'm not happy with the pricing of this game. The VIP option, however, seems fair enough.
    I'm very happy as a Premium player. I've been playing for almost 2 years and have spent exactly $152.47. I own every pack, the MotU expansion, the first shared bank, random inventory and bank upgrades, and all of the classes. When I hit the 2 year mark in August, I will be at $6.36 a month. Pretty good deal.

I buy points when they offer double or triple bonuses. I bought everything when it was at least 20% off and MotU when it was $12.49.

I love this game and wish I could give Turbine more money, but alas I cannot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmankowski View Post
    I'm very happy as a Premium player. I've been playing for almost 2 years and have spent exactly $152.47. I own every pack, the MotU expansion, the first shared bank, random inventory and bank upgrades, and all of the classes. When I hit the 2 year mark in August, I will be at $6.36 a month. Pretty good deal.

I buy points when they offer double or triple bonuses. I bought everything when it was at least 20% off and MotU when it was $12.49.

I love this game and wish I could give Turbine more money, but alas I cannot.
    Totaly agree whit him, I first bough a double 99.99$ TP (around 22k TP) and was able to buy content as I was leveling, specialy waiting for special sells (10-20% price drop on adventure packs). Just calculated, all the adventure packs (whitout exeption or special sale) cost 23635TP (http://ddowiki.com/page/DDO_Store). Whit a simple 10% reduction, I got enaugh whit my 1 time 100$. so for a year worth of VIP, I got all the adventure pack + expension. Of course I dont have all the races/class unlocked, nor some of the special "VIP" content, but after a few TR, you are able to stack nice stack of TP (and also, you dont have to buy ALL the quests (and some quest are solds in packs... so its comes even cheaper!))

VIP (the monthly subscription) is a possibility for the future but not until I'm sure I plan on sticking around for more than a few months.
    Actually, VIP is much more valuable the less you intend to keep playing. If you spend the same money in premium content, you can "buy" the whole content with the cash you would pay VIP for X months. I don't remember where it is right now, but before it was at the 2 years mark.

If you want to spend money to support the game, IMO, VIP is the best way to go with your first spenditure. You get access to a lot of character slots, 10% extra XP, access to all packs (except the expansion ones, all epic anyway), all races (except drow, but easily unlockable), all classes (except favored soul and artificer. The first is somewhat easy to unlock. The second, no), 20 slots of shared bank, and permanent elite unlock.

For all those low level packs, while under your VIP stage, you can try them out yourself and see if they are worth it.
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

2016 DDO Players Council PsychoBlonde's Avatar

Necropolis bundle also includes Necropolis 4.
    Thelanis player: Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Kimberlei (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Daiahn, Arrekeh

I wholeheartedly agree with caissede12; the start pack is bad and the MotU standard edition is the best entry purchase by far. Note that VIPs do not get epic destinies or the MotU content anyway, so if you make it to epic levels as a VIP you'll still probably need to spend at least $20 for the MotU base package.

I just posted this in another thread, but worth repeating here:

------------------

If you can spend any money on the game, the very first purchase should be the MotU Standard Edition for $35. This purchase alone will give you enough content to level all the way to 25. It comes with:

Menace of the Underdark (king's forest, underdark, demonweb)
    Epic Destinies
    Eveningstar challenges
    Druid
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Attack on Stomreach
    Path of Inspiration
    Dreaming Dark
    1000 TP (to be spent on Gianthold)

That's a ton of value for $35; you won't find a better deal short of getting that same deal on sale. The 4 packs that come with it along with the 1000 TP (for gianthold) is what makes it such a win.

In terms of when and what to buy:

1) When your first character hits level 6 or 7, buy MotU. The lowest pack that comes with it (Carnival) is level 5, so you'll start running it at 6 or 7. No need for the purchase before then. Maybe you get lucky and MotU goes on sale between now and then.

2) When your first character hits level 14 spend the 1000 TP you got from MotU on gianthold (950 list price). Gianthold is level 13-14, but you also have Attack on Stormreach (level 13) to get you to 14. The idea here is to hope for a sale on Gianthold between now and you hitting 14. Immediately buy it via the first sale that applies, or just buy it full price when you hit 14.

3) When your first character hits level 16, farm enough favor on other servers (see 100 Favor Dash in signature) to get enough TP to buy Vale of Twilight. You'll likely have ~500 TP left over after you buy gianthold, so the favor farming on other servers will be minimal. (You get 50 TP for the first 5 favor on each server, meaning get to 5 favor like 5 times and you're done.) Be sure to do Wayfinder first.

After you buy MotU, you might consider immediately favor farming other servers to get enough to buy both gianthold and vale at the same time on a 15% off sale. That way you have the biggest window to get both on sale. (I say 15% because that's the discount if you buy both during a "Choose your own discount" sale.) Neither needs to be bought until you hit 14.

This leaves you with plenty of content to comfortably level to 25, farm up some destinies, and even tr into a second life. At this point you'll have a couple hundred TP from favor via regular gameplay, and if you tr you'll generate another 400 favor or so, so you will already be on your way to picking up the next pack.

Essentially you get the following for $35 plus a minimal amount of favor grinding on other servers:

Menace of the Underdark
    Epic Destinies
    Vale of Twilight
    Ruins of Gianthold
    Path of Inspiration
    Dreaming Dark
    Attack on Stormreach
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Druid
    Eveningstar Challenges
    1 Greater Tome of Learning

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Hazelnut, I sent you a PM

I made an offer to help you out.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member

Right now, the MotU pack is on sale (and really worth if has a first thing to buy).
    Y'know, it's says "Price reduced" in the market,but the price is still 35$ just like a week ago. (price doesn't change even if you add to cart). It doesn't even say what the old "regular" price is for comparison. Sticking a giant neon "SALE!" sign without really changing the price is pretty rotten marketing strategy, but the starter pack is basically a scam too..

If you're going to buy anything (and MotU isn't a bad idea) I suggest waiting a bit to see if they sort this out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by partybasher View Post
    Y'know, it's says "Price reduced" in the market,but the price is still 35$ just like a week ago. (price doesn't change even if you add to cart). It doesn't even say what the old "regular" price is for comparison. Sticking a giant neon "SALE!" sign without really changing the price is pretty rotten marketing strategy, but the starter pack is basically a scam too..
    I know about marketing strategy, but did you though that it was possible that it has been for sell for more than a week?

The original price for Standard edition is 50$ (currently down to 35$, around 30% discount) and 30$ for the Base edition (down to 20%, so a 33% discount). It dosnt tell for how long that "sale" will be going on for, but Its been there since Shadowfell went for pre-order, so my guess is that it will remain on sell until Shadowfell is released.

Community Member

My bad, I guess I missed the "price reduced" tag last time I checked the price.

So, 35$ it is. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

(Since this is the internet, I do feel the need to clarify I wasn't being snarky at you, caissede.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast