I'm thinking of picking up the Starter Pack. The name, obviously, suggests it is intended as a starting point for new players. There are a lot of limitations and "surprises" I'm finding as I go through my first time. So, I'm wanting to check with more experience players before I do something I will regret. So ... the Starter Pack.
First question... Do these sorts of things go on-sale often? It might be worth waiting for a sale.
This lists for $10 on the DDO market. It includes:
Catacombs Adventure Pack
- All Servers, All Characters, forever?
- Are there F2P adventures for level 3,4 characters?
- If it was good for more than 2 levels of character, this would be worth $10 on it's own.
Fiendish Scorpion Pet
- this is useless and just cosmetic, right?
Permanent Cleric Hireling (Bound-to-Account)
- Permanent as in I can summon the Cleric whenever I need her over and over, even if I'm level 20?
- Is there one "contract" that I need to pass between characters on a server (inconvenient and stupid restriction IMHO)?
- Is this one contract for all servers or one contract per server?
- If it's one for all servers, how does it get passed between servers?
5 Experience Elixers (Bound-to-Character)
- Bound-to-Character means I have to be logged in as a specific character and I can't pass the elixers my other characters? If they all go to one character and can't be spread around, that goes beyond inconvenient.
250 Turbine Points
- No questions, these I understand. The limit of not being able to share them between other games that also use Turbine Points is decidedly inconvenient.
Thanks in advance.