Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Default Quick TWF DPS question

Quick Question:

For a TWF DPS toon of say 50 str, with 45% fort reduction on any given attack, and around 4d6+9 sneak attack what would be the best all purpose trash weapon combination of the following:

Celestia(main)/Rebellion(off) - Both fully upgraded
    Dual Celestia - Both fully upgraded
    Dual Balizarde - Both fully upgraded
    Celestia(main)/Ballizarde(off) - Both fully upgraded
    For basic trash purposes all weapons would be slotted with 1d10 Fire except Celestia's obviously.

**Note: Would not be used against anything with DR. Already have DR breakers.

I'm really curious about Celestia and the AOE effects of Greater Sunburst/Firey Detonation on overall DPS. I've been using it lately along with a Star of Day(Firey Detonation/Holy Burst) and the AOE DPS seems to be pretty good when spamming cleaves in Fury or LD. If nothing else it draws a ton of agro in CITW and on the Truthful One in FOT.

Thanks in advance.

~Ara
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Quick Question:

For a TWF DPS toon of say 50 str, with 45% fort reduction on any given attack, and around 4d6+9 sneak attack what would be the best all purpose trash weapon combination of the following:

Celestia(main)/Rebellion(off) - Both fully upgraded
    Dual Celestia - Both fully upgraded
    Dual Balizarde - Both fully upgraded
    Celestia(main)/Ballizarde(off) - Both fully upgraded
    For basic trash purposes all weapons would be slotted with 1d10 Fire except Celestia's obviously.

**Note: Would not be used against anything with DR. Already have DR breakers.

I'm really curious about Celestia and the AOE effects of Greater Sunburst/Firey Detonation on overall DPS. I've been using it lately along with a Star of Day(Firey Detonation/Holy Burst) and the AOE DPS seems to be pretty good when spamming cleaves in Fury or LD. If nothing else it draws a ton of agro in CITW and on the Truthful One in FOT.

Thanks in advance.

~Ara
    Best DPS against trash is prolly dual celestia - its the only weapon on the list with AoE proc and since you have high sneak attack, you will benefit significantly from blinding your targets.

Combination of one Celestia and Balizarde will give you better survivability (unless you already have all benefits of balizarde slotted somewhere else) and better single target damage.

On the side note: I know you mentioned that you already have DR breakers, so I suppose its not a big deal for you, but celestia breaks all DR - its dmg is pure light. As far As I know, only very few things are resistant to light damage (LoB and Abbot being the most significant ones, then maybe 2 - 3 more and thats it) and nothing is immune.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    On the side note: I know you mentioned that you already have DR breakers, so I suppose its not a big deal for you, but celestia breaks all DR - its dmg is pure light. As far As I know, only very few things are resistant to light damage (LoB and Abbot being the most significant ones, then maybe 2 - 3 more and thats it) and nothing is immune.
    Thanks for the advice.
    I read on the Wiki, that if you have an ED ability, or other effects that add an additional damage type to Celestia its innate DR breaking get messed up somehow. So I was under the impression that the FotW ability that grants Cold iron DR breaking and w.e bane would affect this?

Haven't had the time to bother testing this yet though since I've been to busy farming my endgame gear and raid gear. Maybe I'll try it out in a shroud run tomorrow or something.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Thanks for the advice.
    I read on the Wiki, that if you have an ED ability, or other effects that add an additional damage type to Celestia its innate DR breaking get messed up somehow. So I was under the impression that the FotW ability that grants Cold iron DR breaking and w.e bane would affect this?

Haven't had the time to bother testing this yet though since I've been to busy farming my endgame gear and raid gear. Maybe I'll try it out in a shroud run tomorrow or something.
    No clue about that, never used Celestia in the Fury. However, I did used it with stuff, that adds dmg to it from both items and EDs. I had no problem with loosing the innate DR breaking.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    No clue about that, never used Celestia in the Fury. However, I did used it with stuff, that adds dmg to it from both items and EDs. I had no problem with loosing the innate DR breaking.
    From my understanding it's not added damage that messes it up, it's added alignment or metal type (in other words things that add to the damage type line which element damage does not do. So from my understanding True law or perhaps Pure good from Unyielding sentinel or Pali capstone might screw up it's DR breaking properties because it adds "good" type damage and "lawful" type damage but say Fire from Red dragon scale would not... Arti "metal type" buff is a no no, while deadly weapons +W is okay. Of course with augment slots that effectively means you can't add elemental damage anyway. But there are buffs that are okay. At least I seem to recall that.