Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Shadowfell Conspiracy Preview on MMO Reporter

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to point you in the direction of the Shadowfell Conspiracy walkthrough that I just posted on MMO Reporter. There's a video and audio version, depending on your preference.

http://mmoreporter.com/2013/07/17/du...iracy-preview/

Please excuse the audio and video issues. I know that they're there, and I should have the fixed the next time I post a preview.

See you in-game!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by almozario View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to point you in the direction of the Shadowfell Conspiracy walkthrough that I just posted on MMO Reporter. There's a video and audio version, depending on your preference.

http://mmoreporter.com/2013/07/17/du...iracy-preview/

Please excuse the audio and video issues. I know that they're there, and I should have the fixed the next time I post a preview.

See you in-game!

Chris
    well seeing how this is a part of a closed beta not sure you can do this without Turbine's consent. I could be wrong.

ok sorry finally got the vid started ok I take back what I said (foot in mouth) lol

It was, UHHH, a pretty good, UHHHH, video, UHHHH, but I ended up just, UHHHH, skimming around it because, UHHHH, the incessant and loud "UH"s drove me up a wall.

Thanks for the video!
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Cool! Thank you for posting the link.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

In the video they played with no toolbars, no chatbox,only the group and selection orb box.

Is that a viable way to play?

Sure looked clean.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    In the video they played with no toolbars, no chatbox,only the group and selection orb box.

Is that a viable way to play?

Sure looked clean.
    It's tough to judge from this video, as I'm sure they were in Dev mode, where they can't die. You'll notice that whoever was "driving" the character who's view point we were watching only used a couple of different abilities.

I'm sure that if you memorized your hot bars, you might be able to make it work.

Chris

"We decided there wasn't enough purple in our game." Hah! It's a good color though.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

It's tough to judge from this video, as I'm sure they were in Dev mode, where they can't die. You'll notice that whoever was "driving" the character who's view point we were watching only used a couple of different abilities.

I'm sure that if you memorized your hot bars, you might be able to make it work.

Chris
    Probably:
    • Press 1 for Lightning Bolt
    • Press 2 for Sun Bolt
    • Press 3 for Heal

That's all folks.

Actually as a Purple Dragon Knight, you don't need many things either:
    • Press 1 for Cleave
    • Press 2 for Great Cleave
    • Press 3 for War Cry: Hjeal Me!

They are probably also using game pads.
    Last edited by Tyrande; 07-18-2013 at 03:05 PM.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrande View Post
    Probably:
    • Press 1 for Lightning Bolt
    • Press 2 for Sun Bolt
    • Press 3 for Heal

That's all folks.

Actually as a Purple Dragon Knight, you don't need many things either:
    • Press 1 for Cleave
    • Press 2 for Great Cleave
    • Press 3 for War Cry: Hjeal Me!

They are probably also using game pads.
    Did you see how slow the Morninglord was with the Heals though?
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Dragon Knight was wanting to shout "Hjeal Me!" tbh!

Seriously...At one point he tops up the Rogue, Heals himself and just ignores the Dragon Knight Completely!

During the Boss Fight Dragon Knight is on 17 {or poss 19} HP for a few seconds then goes down to -33 {keeps on fighting so No-Death Mode Def on!} before the Morninglord deigns to heal him!

Oh and what's with the HORRIBLE Pronunciation of Shadar-Kai?

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh and what's with the HORRIBLE Pronunciation of Shadar-Kai?
    You mean it's not pronounced Cheddar?

I enjoyed this, the quality could have been better. But practice makes perfect.

This preview gives a good idea of what the devs are thinking in the new content (I especially like the Escape from LA/NY references and the combined Whelooooooooooooooon call of the devs).

Honestly these devs put a lot of work into these quests, its great to hear them talk up their own work!
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    You mean it's not pronounced Cheddar?
    Eurggh - That's almost as bad!

Hint - Shadow NOT Shade!

A 3rd Dungeons and Dragons Movie came out recently - It's called The Book of Vile Darkness.
    AND
    It has in it a Shadar-Kai as one of the Main Characters!

I'm just wondering whether anyone at Turbine has actually watched this movie {especially as the Place they go to at the end - In the Abyss - Looks amazingly like the Demonweb in DDO!}.

Shadowfell actually looks pretty cool. its sad this is the only place i was able to preview the expansion to help in my decision making if i wanted to purchase it or not.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Shadowfell actually looks pretty cool. its sad this is the only place i was able to preview the expansion to help in my decision making if i wanted to purchase it or not.
    There are a few different previews that came from this walkthrough as well. Here's one that I found real quick: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...s-prison-city/

MMORPG and a couple of outlets were there as well.

Chris

Community Member

they were in Dev mode, where they can't die.
    That explains epic elites

Quote Originally Posted by -Sikra- View Post
    That explains epic elites
    Actually it's even worse than you think!

Go back and watch that Vid and I defy you to believe they're running on Elite {or EVEN Hard! - I'm having trouble believing that's NOT on CASUAL!}.

There's like 2 {poss 3} mobs per room {and these are BIIIIG Rooms!}.

They ARE taking Dmg BUT pretty slowly {And yes I know I've already noted the lack of Healing on the Dragon Knight - The fact that there was PLENTY of time for the Morninglord to throw Heals is why I brought it up!}.

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Actually it's even worse than you think!

Go back and watch that Vid and I defy you to believe they're running on Elite {or EVEN Hard! - I'm having trouble believing that's NOT on CASUAL!}.

There's like 2 {poss 3} mobs per room {and these are BIIIIG Rooms!}.

They ARE taking Dmg BUT pretty slowly {And yes I know I've already noted the lack of Healing on the Dragon Knight - The fact that there was PLENTY of time for the Morninglord to throw Heals is why I brought it up!}.
    But keep in mind what it was. This was a conference call with a number of different websites. They devs brought along the Iconics mostly for screenshots. They were showing bosses, for screenshot purposes. Those sites don't care how people really play (they don't play the game either), they just want eye candy to show off.

If you can, I suggest joining the dev channels on Lamannia. I've found in those chats that the devs are less out of touch with the game than you might think (personal opinion, yours may be different!).

Press walk-throughs and actually play testing are two different things.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Right, I know we've said this before, but these kind of videos are not intended to be similar to the way you'll play the content with your guild. Characters typically cannot die or take damage due to the need to stop and explain things, take questions, show vistas, discuss systems, etc. Some press outlets, blogs, and web sites offer this video to the public for consumption, to see the cool stuff. They're not showing it to prove to you how uber they are. Neither are the devs who are behind the keyboards.

Think of this as the difference between driving down the highway and going to a classic car parade. You don't look at the parade and say, "Man, these drivers suck! They're only going 15 miles per hour! I could totally drive faster than that."
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast