Default Gem of many facets

Gem of many facets, non-epic version.

Out of curiosity, does anyone ever use the non-epic version of this for any reason whatsoever?

I pretty sure it must have been cool once to have all those korthos set effects active at level 5 (for like the five seconds it takes to take it out) but the game has changed waaaaayyy too much since then. Make it min level 1 like the rest of the korthos items it assists to give it some life. It's not like it'll be overpowered or something

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post

Out of curiosity, does anyone ever use the non-epic version of this for any reason whatsoever?

I pretty sure it must have been cool once to have all those korthos set effects active at level 5 (for like the five seconds it takes to take it out) but the game has changed waaaaayyy too much since then. Make it min level 1 like the rest of the korthos items it assists to give it some life. It's not like it'll be overpowered or something
    i got it last night when farming for loot on my L23 Character... it looks cool having so many effects but you are right its not to hot when you look a little bit closer.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Make it min level 1 like the rest of the korthos items it assists to give it some life. It's not like it'll be overpowered or something
    Agreed. Its a waste of a good item at min level 5.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

its good for new players since they wouldn't have the plat to buy what they want to upgrade better gear and looting good gear is too random. however, heroic chrono is normally run above level as a gear run for TRs and for upgrading to epic so a new player will doubtfully even have the chance of running it at level and have a chance of getting the Gem. i think the Gem should be moved to Korthos honestly as part of the reward that lists all the necklaces, whichever quest that is Miserys Peak? make it a guaranteed drop after 3rd completion if need be. i don't really know anybody anymore that even uses the Gem for epics.

If it wasn't for the Crystal Cove trinkets, I'd probably use it on every character for quite a while. I have the Greater Cunning trinket on casters and Greater Stalwart Trinket on all melee.

Though I absolutely agree on lowering the ML. The Greater Crystal Cove trinkets are ML 4. For at item that's supposed to replace one of 2 items for a combo, that has no ML, it seems ridiculous that it has a ML 5 levels higher than the originals.

On the other side, I kind of understand where the Devs are coming from. Lets face it, it's a base level 6 quest, so the named items are going to be within a similar level range.

My thoughts.... Make it a lvl 1 colorless augment and have it as a reward in Korthos. Then you may finally see people using it.
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i think the Gem should be moved to Korthos honestly as part of the reward that lists all the necklaces, whichever quest that is Miserys Peak? make it a guaranteed drop after 3rd completion if need be.
    That list doesn't have a third list, or even a second. The necklace reward list is only available once per life. To get a second necklace (or gem of many facets) from that list would require TRing.

You can get those necklaces elsewhere (like the Carnival chain reward) but the misery's peak reward list is once only.