Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bring Back Guild Slot Augments

They added one more variable to the loot in this game and removing them served no purpose other than to reduce gear options.

Yes, the new augment slot system added a little new variety to ways to gear toons, which is good, but there was no need to get rid of the guild slots at the same time. We can, and should, have both.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

2016 DDO Players Council eris2323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    They added one more variable to the loot in this game and removing them served no purpose other than to reduce gear options.

Yes, the new augment slot system added a little new variety to ways to gear toons, which is good, but there was no need to get rid of the guild slots at the same time. We can, and should, have both.
    Agreed; the new augment system is pretty lame. It may be useful for those level 25-28 players, but really.... any bonus you can get from an augment you can get easier, and at a lower level, using different loot.

As a multi-TR, I have yet to slot any augment slots except yeah, I put a spell power buff on fanion, for lack of anything better to do.

At least the guild augment system was useful enough that I'd actually go and refill the slot when it ran out, stacking hitpoints and spellpoints? Always useful...

+4 in a slot when I'm already eligible for +6's?

Not so much, in fact, kind of a total waste of time. (kind of like crafting is a total waste of time)

I doubt our loot designer will agree, though.

/signed for making guild slot items drop again, as they are actually useful, compared to the 'new' augment system.

Community Member

/not signed

The old guild augment slot system was terrible, and besides you can still use it just get you some guild slots and go to town.

Quote Originally Posted by bowwer View Post
    /not signed

The old guild augment slot system was terrible, and besides you can still use it just get you some guild slots and go to town.
    I agree there was serious problems with it- notably that you had to wait for an augment to expire before adding more time to it. Still- even a flawed system is better than no system. More diversity and complexity in gear is a good thing, even if every single aspect of it is not perfect.

Note- by my previous statement I do NOT mean that making named loot with random effects is a good thing. Its terrible. terrible.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

The guild slot system was superbly compatible with the cannith crafting system. If you wanted to craft anything, it would be many times better with a large guild slot behind it. For a crafter, you can't say no to a minimum level 9 +6 constitution ring with a large slot filled with +20 stacking hit points or a +6 charisma with +x stacking spell points.

The new system is obviously aimed towards making named loot better than random loot. Any item with a new slot in it has an increased minimum level by default making it nearly useless for cannith crafting. Unless you're trying to craft something to use after level 20 since the maximum level for cannith crafting doesn't go beyond that.

Mind you, what if anything would an epic character need from cannith crafting after level 20? It used to be +5 holy burst of greater evil outsider bane weapons but that was when devils were the end game.

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Mind you, what if anything would an epic character need from cannith crafting after level 20? It used to be +5 holy burst of greater evil outsider bane weapons but that was when devils were the end game.
    Almost nothing. The only items of consequence I craft for epic alts is a pair of energy absorption rings (one for fire, one for electricity) to swap in as needed. Preferably with one of them having a guild augment of spell points to double as a shrine swap item.

/signed

Yes, please return guild slots back.
    Some named items could have those slots too btw. Why not?

At high lvls guild slots are meh, but it was really fun for low lvls.
    The exact trap DCs in EE HH, A guide for DDO-ML, Unknown Heroes: 3rd place, TR Cache Button, Loot Design, Welcome to Orien: /joinchannel Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    This is the most perfect suggestion in the history of suggestions, and it is full of upsides for both players and servers.

Community Member

Thumbs up

/signed

Yes, Please return guild slots back.

Exclamation Moar please!

/signed

I would love to see Guild Slotted loot drops return to DDO. They were really nice, as stated, combined with Cannith Crafting,
    especially for lower levels. If one didn't have to wait for an existing augment to expire before updating with a fresh one, that
    would be too cool beyond words.

Turbine, please make this happen!

Cheers,
    Horkster
    Stavandal - Guild Leader of 'The Silver Legion' of Cannith, a part of Guild Medieval

/signed I dont find colored slots useful for leveling at all, whereas I love the guild slots for leveling.

To be honest I never bothered about those guild augments.

No, they were obnoxious.

Just take away the min level penalty from the augment slots. That's the only reason people liked the guild slots, they were "free" - well, and they had more relevant choices at low levels.

Community Member

/Signed

I agree and miss guild augments very much. I've got a few decent ones banked but...its not like we have very much storage space options. : /

I really don't imagine it being all that complex to give us both. They have already left the options there in game to keep guild augments around. Seems silly to me, to continue to let us have it. I know they mentioned they will eventually "phase" it out altogether, the thought of which makes me even more bummed.

I think the only reason people haven't exploded with rage over the change to guild augments is that the option is still there for many of the people who got the chance to enjoy them. I feel like, maybe once Turbine makes its next move to guild augments, more people will be willing to talk about the change.

A smart move on Turbines part. Slowly take away our options, and perhaps we wont notice. ^.^

Maybe not their intent, but certainly an advantage.

I enjoy the new augments but agree with others that it pales in comparison to guild augments. Both, seems very reasonable. Hell, I'd even be happy if they made it so that it was a new CRAFTING option. Maybe I have to get high enough level in crafting before I can turn a COLOR augment into a GUILD augment, or just make it part of the normal ML Prefix/Suffix system.

Whatever the case, please consider bringing them back, or at the very least abandoning the idea of erasing it altogether.

/signed

I do think that the new augment slots are actually quite nice when you become more familiar with them -- it is a way that you can get an added enhancement to an item that you can level along with, the only thing you have to get around is the higher minimum level of the item. but it definitely gives more versatility to certain random loot items.

but I did like guild augments, and I never had the opportunity to fully use them, because our guild still has not gotten to medium level size. I really think that the guild augment slots are a DEFINITE benefit to being in a higher level guild. Why take that away from guilds?

ddo should have both the colored/colorless augments, AND the guild augments. would really like to see them returned.

Community Member

Of course there was a need to get rid of guild slots -- they didn't sell guild augments in the DDO store.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    any bonus you can get from an augment you can get easier, and at a lower level, using different loot..
    have to disagree here unless you can please tell me where i get Heavy Fort @ ML8 aside from the augments???
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

/signed.

There is no harm in maintaining both systems. There is only player rage that you gain by sidelining the Guild Augment system.

No thank you.

Community Member

/signed

i loved them.. but i also love the new colored augment slots. I disagree to those who think either of them are useless.

Old guild slots:
    HP/MP
    +4 stacking bonus to Hit (Great for leveling with low Str builds)

New colored slots:
    + Devotion/Healing/Elemental & Spellcasting implement bonus to Melee Bards/Druids/FVS/Wizards/Sorcs/etc Classes (This is very useful because clickies don't work anymore)
    Useful for named loot, not as much for random loot.

Depends.

Guild augments were a no-brainer. They had no downsides to using them and therefore you can't talk of choice or variety.

Of course they are nice. But if they are brought back, make them compatible with the new augments.

I also agree to make augments not increase the item level. (just absolute min level in case of a powerful augment)

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Of course there was a need to get rid of guild slots -- they didn't sell guild augments in the DDO store.
    I always thought permanent guild augments (without the hassle to refesh) would make great Store items. That chance is now lost though.
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast