Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    have to disagree here unless you can please tell me where i get Heavy Fort @ ML8 aside from the augments???
    Last year I crafted a BTA ML7 ring of heavy fortification that I pass around to all my alts during tr lives.

/signed

The only "new" augment that is worth having is Master's Gift. I use the old guild augments every single day of every single TR up to level 20.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Default Hmmmm...

have to disagree here unless you can please tell me where i get Heavy Fort @ ML8 aside from the augments???
    I can do WAY better. How about heavy fort at lvl 3? Medium fort crafted with Craftsmanship shard = lvl 3, then add a large guild gem of shielding that adds a stacking 25% to fort. Just another example of how guild augments ROCK and should not be phased out.
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Last year I crafted a BTA ML7 ring of heavy fortification that I pass around to all my alts during tr lives.
    What Ellis said I have done the exact same thing.

Stoner81.

Community Member

For the last two years you have been able to craft it on to most non weapons as a ML7 item using Cannith crafting system.

The MLs on the new augments are too high, across the board

Community Member

While we're on the subject... I was looking through my bank and TR cache only to find that all of my items with guild augment slots seem to be BTC. I don't recall it always being this way and am wondering when this happened and why it was done?

It's a shame because I have far more of them than I can ever use and now can never transfer or sell any.

Quote Originally Posted by bowwer View Post
    /not signed

The old guild augment slot system was terrible, and besides you can still use it just get you some guild slots and go to town.
    Yeah its nice for those of use who where lucky enough to get a stash of these items but what about those who started playing after they where taken out? Its a pretty big advantage to those of us who have them especially for the lower levels and tring.

Anyway

/signed.
    Last edited by NaturalHazard; 07-18-2013 at 07:31 AM.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Make it a high level Cannith Crafting option that you can add to any non-named item, like Masterful.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by susiedupfer View Post
    /signed

The only "new" augment that is worth having is Master's Gift. I use the old guild augments every single day of every single TR up to level 20.
    The new augments are excellent for slot consolidation at Epic Levels, once you're into your 25 gear, you'll end up with very few items that aren't slotted or double-slotted.

Community Member

I'd much rather see them make the new augment system more low level friendly - including removing the arbitrary level increase that comes with cannith crafting a slotted item.

I've noticed in this thread that people are saying they don't like how the new system removes some extra flexibility, when what they mean is "it removes some extra power"
    Last edited by PaddyMaxson; 07-18-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Make it a high level Cannith Crafting option that you can add to any non-named item, like Masterful.
    This would be amazing!

As similar as the two systems look, I think they serve very different purposes. I really like named loot with the new augment slots. It adds a level of customization that allows players some flexibility in gear. I've yet to find a single lootgen item that I would use that has one of the new slots except for cannith crafting. Even then, I'm really only using colorless slots on accessories. Red slots on loot gen weapons are terribly disappointing. Blue slots on loot gen armor don't seem to add enough bang for the buck.

The old guild slots were and still are amazing with cannith crafting and the potential to find a great item with a guild slot was a real possibility as it didn't have +2 or +4 levels attached to it (or up to -4 levels worth of enhancements depending how you look at it)

With a few minor adjustments, they really could have kept both systems in the game. To completely abandon one for the other when they both serve different functions seems a bit hasty.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

I agree that they didnt need to remove the guild augment items from the loot table when they released the new color coded augment system. The one glaringly obvious reason why that happened is they sell the new augments in the store while the guild versions simply were bought with in game money.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I agree that they didnt need to remove the guild augment items from the loot table when they released the new color coded augment system. The one glaringly obvious reason why that happened is they sell the new augments in the store while the guild versions simply were bought with in game money.
    I'm sure this was part of the problem.

The other issue(s) would seem to be:
    1) The current round of devs seem to dislike every system they didn't invent
    2) The old system needed some work (basically just permanent augments instead of timed and/or allowing replacement slotting before the old augment expired) and they may not have thought it was worth the work when they felt their system was so much better than the old system (see #1)

Outfits and robes with heavy fort are ML 8, and could have a guild augment on them without increasing their ML.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    I have done the exact same thing.
    Another singular swap item I'm about to make for my trs is a BTA ring of true seeing, ML9. I only recently got high enough level to flex true seeing; pretty excited.

The true "ultimate" shared tr swap item, the holy grail, is something I have yet to loot despite ransacking bookbinder's rescue: BTA lootgen boots with a colorless. People have assured me that new augment slots can drop on BTA lootgen, so I'm really hoping to find this. Anyway, if I ever do, I will immediately craft BTA feather falling boots w/Master's Gift, ML1. heh.

Hear us, devs. Bring this system back full on.

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    Agreed; the new augment system is pretty lame. It may be useful for those level 25-28 players.

My lvl 28's are ****ed....
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Instead of bringing back separate guild augments slots why not have one augment slot that can take both types. the guild augments still expire after a certain amount of time, but you can slap a none guild augment gem straight over it if you so wish without having to wait for it to expire.

Community Member

/signed

We <3 guild augments.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast