Question Druids & Resists

Something I just noticed last night. Was playing my 13 Druid and cast a resist on myself... but the resist was only the 20 point variety. Is that a bug or WAI? Everyone else gets resists to 30 at level 11, so I was... off-put.
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Were you by chance in an elemental wild shape when you tested it and cast resist energy with the element that is opposed to that shape? (resist cold when wild shaped into a fire elemental or resist fire when wild shaped into an water elemental) As a fire elemental you get -3 to caster level to cold resist which means it wouldn't give 30 resistance until you're level 14 (11+3)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Something I just noticed last night. Was playing my 13 Druid and cast a resist on myself... but the resist was only the 20 point variety. Is that a bug or WAI? Everyone else gets resists to 30 at level 11, so I was... off-put.
    elemental form and the caster prestige class, reduce caster level from the oposite elements.

Quote Originally Posted by knifefighter View Post
    Were you by chance in an elemental wild shape when you tested it and cast resist energy with the element that is opposed to that shape? (resist cold when wild shaped into a fire elemental or resist fire when wild shaped into an water elemental) As a fire elemental you get -3 to caster level to cold resist which means it wouldn't give 30 resistance until you're level 14 (11+3)
    I was in water form, but this was with acid resist primarily.
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.