Thread: Guild Idea

Community Member

Default Guild Idea

I had an Idea I wanted to pass on.
    To make guilds more fun and interesting.
    Have an item that only drops in a hard high level quest, random in a certain chest, bind to character, this item is a one time portal opener.
    On a guild ship, when the item is used it opens a stable portal to another new world.
    Each guild can have only one portal.
    Going though this portal, enter a new wilderness zone. This zone will be generated once, from a random engine (so each guild will have a different world, ie, cold, hot, jungle, plains, or etc...) it will have a large flat area where the portal comes out, surrounded by a large slayer area. This area will have many random features, so it is different in mobs and rares each time entered, but the landscape stays mostly the same. And will change on level of mobs by the level of the party (party must have all members within 3 levels of each other). Rares will have a chance to have points (I'll call them castle points, much like guilds get now). These Castle points go to building in the area(hut/fort/castle/farms/homes/etc.) Others can come here (not just guildies) but can only enter though the portal on the guild ship (so will need an invite), but all castle points go to this guild.
    Once a certain level of building is made (say a tavern), there could be quest givers that give quests only on this world. (Each world could have the same quests, with a random engine to make them alittle different).
    Expansions, would bring new slayer areas (ones with set levels), but still with a random first time setup, so each world would be different (people will have fun telling others, whats on their world), and quests.
    1. Main Slayer area changes mob level, on the group level. So all guildies can help build the area. More castle points drop in higher levels.
    2. Main Slayer area map changes over time, as things are built.
    3. Expansions add areas and quests to this new world, but randoms first runs to each world. After first runs, other slayer areas, and quests are set somewhat.
    4. Guild ranks expanded, as castle and area grow (homes/farms/inns/etcs.), to King/lords/knights).
    5. Takes Plat to build buildings and hire guards and workers.
    6. Guild members can buy their own homes.
    I think this would be lots of fun, we can conquer a new fresh world, write our on destiny, all that stuff.

I can tell you put some thought into this and it does sound fun. I'd be too concerned about it taking away warm bodies in PUGs, though. Since only like ten or so people play the game anymore, I wouldn't risk anything that might make the social panel more barren than it is.
    Katavina Leagond - Cannith

Community Member

And I was thinking you can reset slayer in the main slayer area.

As much as I would like to see real guild-based quests, I doubt that this could be interesting for a long time.

Yes, exploring a wilderness can be fun, but only at the first few runs. They get old very fast.
    Also I don't see a point in having a portal on the guild ship that leads to another world to build some housing in.

This idea doesn't connect well enough to the rest of the game
    NedrilFavored Soul . GidraMonkcher . LambalorBard . Cannith

Guilds should be a chat channel and a member listing only to avoid the drama of this guild system is op, this type of guild is too favored, ext ext yada yada yada

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Guilds should be a chat channel and a member listing only to avoid the drama of this guild system is op, this type of guild is too favored, ext ext yada yada yada
    That's how they started and we had the drama of 'omg guilds are so pointless! Woohoo, we have a nametag and can talk!' There is no such thing as drama proofing anything, especially on the internets.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I like the idea of random wilderness instances. this is nicely thought out.

it could also lead to STATIC wilderness areas - specific worlds. they could introduce these as crystals of spelljamming on airships.

the static wildernesses would be miniquests with specific objectives, and encounters - mini quests.

I am not sure how they would make it scale to level.

but it could become sort of a wilderness objective in the compendium to get and clear all the mini planes or dimensions. once you complete them, it would earn you house orien favor, which would allow you to use the teleporters to more areas.

or if not favor, then maybe reward guild bounties.

ddo could market it by selling the crystals of spelljamming on the ddo store, but as the original post idea, they would also drop in chests.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosEmperorDragon View Post
    Since only like ten or so people play the game anymore, I wouldn't risk anything that might make the social panel more barren than it is.
    That's understandable given that the social panel hasn't really been the preferred way to form groups for a while now. Most people now use guild and user chats along with their friends list.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    That's understandable given that the social panel hasn't really been the preferred way to form groups for a while now. Most people now use guild and user chats along with their friends list.
    Pretty much this. However, my group has been making an effort to put up lfm's this round of lives in an effort to replace the three people we lost to real life changes and do our part to offer groups to other players. But it's been a really mixed bag of crazy(a lot of rude and just creepy people out there), and I really do understand why groups from with guilds and channels with people you know and like are so appealing to so many. I think we're close to giving up on meeting people randomly and putting up a forum posts with what we hope to find in long term dungeon partners.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Tianie View Post
    I had an Idea I wanted to pass on...
    I wish to have UGC or GGC (User's/Guild's generated content). Currently I am playing with The Neverwinder's Foundry. It is great tool for a really bad MMO game. It's the shame. Sigh.

DDO has the best mechanics and it can have good rules for UGC to avoid exploits (in compare to NWO - DDO can have XP/mins, random loot, computed quest level - all depend on statistics made from each ordinary run).

Let's make guild's only quests / wilderness areas and events. Give to guild leaders / officiers chance to show their sense of creativity. Every guild event can be different and exclusive.

I can realize to build an editor is very hard task for the devs, but I think it is worth considering.

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)