For anyone that wants to use a pad on DDO...this might help.
There's an easy way to use a ps3 pad on a windows pc.
If you have bluetooth, you can even use it wirelessly.
All you need is a driver and a usb + bluetooth filter service.
Scarlet Crush from the pcsx2.net forums has created the filter, and microsoft has the driver.
Go download these two files for your pc.
1. If you have a bluetooth dongle, or its built in..plug it in and turn it on.
2. plug in the pad via USB and let Windows install it's default drivers.
3. Unzip the SCP driver into a folder and run the ScpDriver.exe file.
XP/Vista - check the Force Install option. Win 7/8 leave it unchecked.
This will create a service that runs in the background.
4. Install the microsoft 360 controller driver for your OS.
5. Go to control panel, game controllers, properties to check if it works.
Takes a bit to set up keymapping in DDO, but it works nicely