Community Member

Angry Failed to Launch Client, No subscrition found?

Seriously, what is this? Isn't DDO free?

I tried logging in and it continues to pop up a window saying "Client failed to launch: No Subscription for DDO found."

Sooo....Did they make it pay to play again or what?

A reply would be very helpful. Thanks. I'm quite peeved about this. >:|

Customer Service Representative Carpe_Noctem's Avatar

This error message indicates that there is no DDO subscription on the username you are trying to log in with.

If you have played DDO in the past, you are not logging into the correct username. You may be able to recover the proper username by clicking 'Forgotten Your Username?' here. If that doesn't work, contact Account Support via the information in my signature.

If you are looking to play DDO for the first time, you will need to get a Product Key to add a Free DDO Subscription to your account. You can do so by submitting a ticket to Account Support here, and choosing 'Free Key Request' as the ticket type.

Community Member

Default 2019 - Failed to start client [gameClientPath: /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Content

Well, again I can't get on DDO. It initializes and then puts a folder named Resource. It wants to pick a file and choose. I have no idea what it wants but it doesn't matter which you pick it goes to a boss that says: Failed to start client
    [gameClientPath: /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/dndclient.icns/Contents/MacOS/dndclient.icns]
    [strArgs: ]

I have found that this might mean they don't recognize my account. Funny that Standing Stones recognizes it enough to try to get me to separately sign up for HELP. Really? Can't just ask them for help? Seems odd.

I am no computer whiz but I'd sure appreciate some help.

Thanks, Wayne

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emptea1 View Post
    Well, again I can't get on DDO. It initializes and then puts a folder named Resource. It wants to pick a file and choose. I have no idea what it wants but it doesn't matter which you pick it goes to a boss that says: Failed to start client
    [gameClientPath: /Applications/dndLauncher.app/Contents/Resources/dndclient.icns/Contents/MacOS/dndclient.icns]
    [strArgs: ]

I have found that this might mean they don't recognize my account. Funny that Standing Stones recognizes it enough to try to get me to separately sign up for HELP. Really? Can't just ask them for help? Seems odd.

I am no computer whiz but I'd sure appreciate some help.

Thanks, Wayne
    I have this exact issue. I need help, and I haven't been able to play for months. I have re-downloaded it multiple times and gone in and checked to make sure my account info is secure. Anyone have luck? I have tried selecting a bunch of the files and none of them work. Let me know what you find!