Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Default AMD 7570 graphics blurry?

I've been using Intel Integrated Graphics and just tried DDO with an AMD 7570 and noticed blurriness, first thing i noticeed was how blurry the gems in the Cove were. Then, I looked closer and saw a lot of text in other places was blurry.

Any idea of a quick fix?

[Yes, I know about the Tech Support forums, I'm asking here for a reason - its a chip on a popular new PC and I've noticed the readership in the Tech Forum is down lately and I'd like a quick answer if someone has had this issue.]

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

First off no clue. Never worked with that chipset. Win7 I assume?

If so, could Aero be causing you some issues?

Can you take a picture (like a camera) and a screenshot and post both? At least this way we can see a difference between what you see on your screen and the video buffer if there is any.

Open the AMD Catalyst Control Center, navigate to Gaming/3D Application Settings and make sure Morphological Filtering is set to "Off". DDO has in-game settings for AA and MLAA makes everything, especially text, look fuzzy.

If that's not the problem, provide some more info and I'll see what I can do.
    The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. - Edward R. Murrow (1964)

There's an in-game video effect that can be tweaked to fix this. I think it's called bloom.

Could be scaling? I'll assume latest drivers from AMD are installed. Use Catalyst Control Center to change the scaling to see if that might help?

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Won't be on that PC 'till later today. Will try the Morphological Filtering first (then scaling.) If neither work I'll come back here.

An anti aliasing option would make sense.

I've not yet used the Catalyst Control Panel, Popped in there once and decided I better not mess with it 'till I could take some time to learn the options so I didn't end up breaking something that wasn't yet broken. I'm new to these graphics chipsets' features and have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the responses!

If the text is blurry as well, it's likely some type of driver level AA in catalyst control center. These options are pretty good for games that aren't text heavy, but it doesn't really work for DDO.