Default Finally Returning-Could use some tips

Well I'm finally coming back to DDO after being gone for, gosh, over two years now.

Anyway, my main (and only) character is a well geared and fairly optimized full lvl 20 assassination drow rogue. However, from what I have heard times have changed. New level cap, new feats ect...

Since my recollection of DDO is that it is notoriously unforgiving of mistakes made when leveling I'm hoping some current rogues can give me a few tips for coming back. Specifically, what feats should I be looking to pick up, skills worth dumping points into, weapons with specific properties I'll need for the new content, and any general information about character progression past lvl 20. Just keep in mind that I intend to stick it out as a pure rogue because I like the play style.

Also, I'm on the Sarlona server and I'm curious about how healthy that server is. Has it become a ghost town or is it still pretty lively?

Thanks in advance and hopefully I'll see some of you in the game!
    Pirating's much more my style.

Community Member

The second expansion is going to contain a complete rework of the Enhancement Trees that will largely invalidate a lot of the old, while making new things possible. It would probably be best to just kind of stick things out for a month and see where the chips fall rather than making any big changes now.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Guilds

Welcome back!

One of the guilds I'm in has several avid rouge players if you need a guild invite?

They seem to know their rouge stuff. Message me if interested.

All the best,

Livmo

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    The second expansion is going to contain a complete rework of the Enhancement Trees that will largely invalidate a lot of the old, while making new things possible. It would probably be best to just kind of stick things out for a month and see where the chips fall rather than making any big changes now.
    I'll do that then. I'm still not sure exactly how the heroic/epic xp functions now anyway. I tried talking to the girl in the marketplace but it simply said I was not ready to advance yet. I guess I need to get to level 21 before something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Welcome back!

One of the guilds I'm in has several avid rouge players if you need a guild invite?

They seem to know their rouge stuff. Message me if interested.

All the best,

Livmo
    I might take you up on that offer but we'll see. I'm still in the process of trying to get reacquainted with the game. A good amount of stuff has remained the same but a lot has changed as well.
    Pirating's much more my style.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scherwiz2 View Post
    I'll do that then. I'm still not sure exactly how the heroic/epic xp functions now anyway. I tried talking to the girl in the marketplace but it simply said I was not ready to advance yet. I guess I need to get to level 21 before something happens.
    The 'epic commoner' levels, as they are often called, are not where the real power of epic levels are. It is the Epic Destinies that actually give players increased power. You can talk to her about 'I want to manipulate my Destiny' in order to bring up the menu to choose an active epic destiny and start working on it. But first you will have to buy access to them, either as part of a Menace of the Underdark package or as the standalone Epic Destinies account upgrade.

Talking

well, like ppl said above, it might be better to wait about a month till enhancements pass goes live. But while you wait, you might wanna talk to the "Fatespinner" and "manipulate your destiny" so you can pick en epic destiny, which is where the true power is (its actually made past lives irrelevant now... unless you want a better spell penetration). Epic mobs tend to bypass some fortification, so for epic elite runs its healthy to have at least 140% fortification, along with hitpoints that allow you to survive a couple 200 dmg strikes from trash mobs (remember im talking about Epic Elites).

Anyways, welcome back! greensteel weapons are mostly just awesome leveling up tools, there are lots of new min lvl 21+ stuff thats way better. The shroud, Hound, VoD and ToD are rarely run nowadays. Gianthold has suports epic levels now and you can have epic dragonscale not only as red, but also blue, black, white and green!... oh, and the legendary Sword of Shadows is more of an accesory now... Still, it remains a fun game to play if you have friends to play with

For rogues things havent changed that much. Still awesome dps in a vast customizable builds, and dex rogues are going to be definetly viable with enhancements pass.

Oh, btw, for epic destinies i think you need to purchase them off the ddo store, i am not sure if you are able to select them with just being VIP.

Have fun!
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

Lightbulb

oh, and while you level up, at level 21 and 24 you get to chose your epic feats... as rogue you should look into "Improved Sneak Attack" (+4d6 sneak att dmg) and "Epic Toughness" (+50 hp). For ISA, you will need to have a base of 21 dexterity (Tomes are included, yes, but not gear) while for EToughness u will need base 21 constitution. If you were more of a strenght dps rogue, then probably you wanna look into "Overwhelming Criticals", which adds a +1 to crit multiplier for natural rolls of 19-20, but its prerreqs are Cleave, Great Cleave and any Improved Critical feat, along with a base of 23 strenght.

cheers!
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.