Community Member

Default What the Heck Did You Do? (Lag and latency)

Every since the "update", my lag has been worse, and my latency is going crazy, jumping up to 5* normal and staying there for a while, only to then come back down for a while before going crazy again.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseFlag View Post
    Every since the "update", my lag has been worse, and my latency is going crazy, jumping up to 5* normal and staying there for a while, only to then come back down for a while before going crazy again.
    Jumping up to 5*? Are you saying you have a 5% loss ? If you are receiving any loss at all, that's not a turbine problem, check your router first and then check to see your ISP does not have an outstanding issues in your area.if you are hovering over the connection icon in game, you will always see a latency number. That is depended on the distance to Turbine(route that your connection takes) and your ISP. Me being in the Chicago area and on cable my latency stays around between 40-60.
    Member of Mythical

Quote Originally Posted by Theboz View Post
    Jumping up to 5*? Are you saying you have a 5% loss ?.
    he means his getting 5 times his normal latency so if he has 50normally hes now getting 250

ping issues is a nightmare to find the cause to

Community Member

Default once

Overall since patch ive been relatively lag free, however yesterday morning i had deathlag for about 5 min, actually came beck dead in sscylyndiryn(im sure thats spelled poorly). Its pretty hard to die in that explorer area except by mistiming a jump and plummeting, so thats pretty rough lag to kill me and a hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Theboz View Post
    Jumping up to 5*? Are you saying you have a 5% loss ? If you are receiving any loss at all, that's not a turbine problem, check your router first and then check to see your ISP does not have an outstanding issues in your area.if you are hovering over the connection icon in game, you will always see a latency number. That is depended on the distance to Turbine(route that your connection takes) and your ISP. Me being in the Chicago area and on cable my latency stays around between 40-60.
    hah, I wish I got 40 to 60, The best I usually get is 250 to 300. I have not noticed any difference with the new launcher at all. But yeah, most of the the loss issues are usually due to ISP or node issues along the way to turbines servers.
    Ainur Wer'lak Thelanis

I play the game with a ping close to 300. I think the only time it really affects me is trap, and maybe playing a monk.

I would love a Asian area server, hell, Australia has lots of gamers so gimme one here, but just like Wayfinder being for Germans, it wont actually be physically located close to me.
    Real join date: Update 7

Community Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Uidolon View Post
    he means his getting 5 times his normal latency so if he has 50normally hes now getting 250

ping issues is a nightmare to find the cause to
    I wish I had 250ms latency, like at any time! I've averaged close 300ms ever since I started, but I am half a globe away.

Quote Originally Posted by humbleroller View Post
    I play the game with a ping close to 300. I think the only time it really affects me is trap, and maybe playing a monk.

I would love a Asian area server, hell, Australia has lots of gamers so gimme one here, but just like Wayfinder being for Germans, it wont actually be physically located close to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyjibo_lol View Post
    I wish I had 250ms latency, like at any time! I've averaged close 300ms ever since I started, but I am half a globe away.
    I'm in Asia as well, best nights its around 250, last night it was around 400 to 500 with 5% loss, the only real problems I have are with traps, but you learn to time them the right way, just walk through the trap when you see its about halfway finished, usually works for me when i have high MS. When I have loss on the other hand, it can be a bit of a pain, usually for hitting mobs or clicking on things from the hotbar.
    Ainur Wer'lak Thelanis

Wink

when are they going to play fair and put all gaming servers in space?
    everyone will get the same satellite ping time.

get your act together Turbine!
    Real join date: Update 7

Quote Originally Posted by humbleroller View Post
    when are they going to play fair and put all gaming servers in space?
    everyone will get the same satellite ping time.

get your act together Turbine!
    Then we would be playing DnD in space, wonder if that has been done before
    Ainur Wer'lak Thelanis

Community Member

I am on Sarlona and had no lag or latency problems last night.

Community Member

Default On Orien server

There was a tiny bit of lag last night. Mostly just choppy bits running through Harbor and Market.
    I have noticed that logging in is a bit faster after this last update, and my loading screen times, (which used to be the bane of my existence) have also been sped up a good bit.

Since I got my new-ish pc going a few months ago, this has been like a whole new game for me.