Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Default Foolish Casual you can not stop the Zerg

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Because the game is 7+ years old, and those of us who havent turned it into work farming the same 20 or so quests for high xp/min do not commit entire maps to memory with 100% accuracy. Theres also a huge gray area between metagaming and flower sniffing.
    Not to mention long term short term memory loss.

I may have run that quest 100 times, but each time is like the first...

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I don't believe you.

Do you even have a capped toon? Serious question.
    I would like to interject that when Bravery Came out, I made it a mini-game for myself to only run quests once for bravery on elite and see how far I could get on a 3+ life toon, I capped with a few quests left over, but it was very annoying to have to do all the quests I did not really like.

Personally I do not begrudge anyone for playing that way IF that is what they enjoy, I enjoy not grinding the same 20 quests a bazillion times over to recap, so I tend to spread out what quests I do, doing most quests in a level range as I go up, not always all of hem, and I'll do a few quests a few times over if they are fun, easy, and there is a solid fast group grinding them out.

I will say this seems to slow down my leveling progress because I never quite "master" a quest to the post that I can do it blindfolded, or super zerg it, every quest I do I try to move though it quickly, but, I would wager that I am no where near as fast as some people, but I have done every heroic quests in this game many times over.

To each their own on that.

But is very possible to not spam-zerg quests to get to cap even at 3+ lives, just FYI.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    A case in point, I ran Durks with a guy on my last life, and when we got done I mentioned I was moving on to whatever quest I was doing next. He said, "I'm farming this one, at least 12 more times". He was a first life toon. Why on earth would you farm low level quests that much, especially on a first life? Because that's what he's learned. The experts do it, so I need to as well. I pug a lot, and I've also run into a lot of new players who just run through everything. When I asked one why they don't slow down, I was told that "this is the way to do it, you must be a noob". He was a wizard with 27hp and he constantly ran off ahead of the rogue and died in the traps.

Just my observation. YMMV.
    For me, farming Durk's on a first-life toon is important for one thing - Muckbane.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Because the game is 7+ years old, and those of us who havent turned it into work farming the same 20 or so quests for high xp/min do not commit entire maps to memory with 100% accuracy. Theres also a huge gray area between metagaming and flower sniffing.
    I zerg 95% of the quests in the game when I level and repeat very little.

Try again.

Community Member

Sadly (very sadly) DDO is not D&D, so the content we are running its rarely fresh new, and we end up re-running a lot of quests... this lead to zerg, after you have entered x quest 10+ times you know every optional, every trap, every secret door and there is no pratical reason to complete it the slow way.

Suggestion:
    add a flag, state, difficult when entering a quest that makes a very simple thing. PvP active in quest, so for example that delayed blast fireball at your feet or cleaving like a madman while fighting in party is not a good idea.

this will make DDO a little more similar to D&D

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536