Default Wheloon Prison Quest End Fights a let down?

Was I alone in thinking that the end fights in each of the quests were a bit of a let down? I mean we have this great looking area, (What appeared to me to be) some improved mob AI, an interesting setting, decent plot for the quests, but the end fights were nothing more than straight beat downs! No thought required! Now I know that is the trend DDO has been in for a long time, but I remember when groups would pause before taking on the construct in STK (shield block the caster in the corner... lol) or what a challenge a guy like Prince Rayium was (and still is on harder difficulties) or the giant at the end of Stormcleave, even the Bloody Crypt.

Most of those quests had mechanics beyond just beating the boss down. Some where harder than others, but there was variety. Even the ones that were beat downs, Like Wizard King, that guy has some serious defenses at level and he hits pretty hard too!

But the end fights in these new quests were nothing interesting. For the most part it was kill endless amounts of trash, and beat the boss down. Really only Through the Mirror had an interesting concept, but the boss was a fairly weak human and the encounter is only slowed up by having to switch planes all the time. Didn't add to the difficulty any, just to the annoyance.

Especially for the capstone quests, there needed to be some nasty or at least interesting monster at the end. I'll give the demon web quests as an example, sure they are run to death these days (And fast), but each of those 3 quests has a different monster as an end boss. All 3 have different fights, which ultimately end in the boss beat down, but that is not all there is.

Since even VIPS like myself are paying for this content, Turbine could have done a better job of making these end fights better, instead of so generic.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbeak07 View Post
    Was I alone in thinking that the end fights in each of the quests were a bit of a let down? I mean we have this great looking area, (What appeared to me to be) some improved mob AI, an interesting setting, decent plot for the quests, but the end fights were nothing more than straight beat downs! No thought required! Now I know that is the trend DDO has been in for a long time, but I remember when groups would pause before taking on the construct in STK (shield block the caster in the corner... lol) or what a challenge a guy like Prince Rayium was (and still is on harder difficulties) or the giant at the end of Stormcleave, even the Bloody Crypt.

Most of those quests had mechanics beyond just beating the boss down. Some where harder than others, but there was variety. Even the ones that were beat downs, Like Wizard King, that guy has some serious defenses at level and he hits pretty hard too!

But the end fights in these new quests were nothing interesting. For the most part it was kill endless amounts of trash, and beat the boss down. Really only Through the Mirror had an interesting concept, but the boss was a fairly weak human and the encounter is only slowed up by having to switch planes all the time. Didn't add to the difficulty any, just to the annoyance.

Especially for the capstone quests, there needed to be some nasty or at least interesting monster at the end. I'll give the demon web quests as an example, sure they are run to death these days (And fast), but each of those 3 quests has a different monster as an end boss. All 3 have different fights, which ultimately end in the boss beat down, but that is not all there is.

Since even VIPS like myself are paying for this content, Turbine could have done a better job of making these end fights better, instead of so generic.
    I dunno - some of them have unique type of battles (switching side during the battle). Others are your typical boss with minions. Others summon massive shadow monsters.

I'm just glad that most of these quests are asymmetrical. Unlike the other Harper quests that felt like rail shooters with little or few ways to get to the end. Just point A to point B.

What I worry about is that there doesn't seem to be a significant feature that we can see other then loot with some random features. And that's not an incentive for repeat. And that's bad for asymmetrical quests that takes a little longer to complete - without a good incentive to run them over and over it'll be once and done.

Hopefully the next chain will tie it together.