Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Community Member relenttless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    695

    Default Missing from the buy back

    Am feeling slightly physically sick at the moment.

    Like an idiot, I accidentally sold my entire inventory at the vendor last night.
    Apart from the tedium of having to individually scroll through 41 pages of buy back to retrieve my items, imagine my horror when I discover that a significant number of precious items were not there.
    I got a few bits back, but the main loss was 5 pieces of greensteel... 1 lit II khopesh, 1 min II, 1 blurry hp belt, 1 haste clicky and a displace clicky....also missing are a water khopesh, my voice, visor of the flesh renders, and a few other nice lowbie clickies......

    Seems that any duplicates vanish, ie I got back 1 of each of the gs khopeshes and the water khopesh but they were all pairs and the second ones have vanished,.....

    I'll put a ticket in today but I'm not feeling very hopeful.....

    The horror.
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

    "Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

    Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

  2. #2
    Community Member gnarledmaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    DNT TBD
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by relenttless View Post
    Am ... I accidentally sold my entire inventory at the vendor last night...
    Ive almost done that myself while distracted. I don't know why that button is even there. Was this originally put in during the early days as a way to help people empty the inventory of test toons? Seems pretty lazy. I just cant imagine ever wanting such a function in the first place.

    Well, best of luck.

  3. #3
    Community Member relenttless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Here is the reply to my ticket:

    Unfortunately, the In-Game Support team cannot replace, restore or grant in-game content that is mistakenly destroyed, deleted, purchased, sold or traded with a player, NPC, through the auction house or through the mail system. We strongly recommend that all players review and confirm their actions or intent before performing any transactions of this nature. - +Dyonysus+

    Thanks...pretty comprehensively absolves Turbine of any Loot responsibility ever

    Doesn't quite address the issue of why the damm buy-back doesn't work though...
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

    "Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

    Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

  4. #4
    Community Member lifestaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    883

    Default

    People do not lock things anymore? Yeah it can suck to sell something that you wanted to keep but that is why they added the lock function to start with. Buy back what you can, and take it as a learning measure.

    Their comment might have been a way to point out that buy back is capped for a VIP at 40 items (premium is 40 as well though is suppose to be 10 like a F2P account). You selling more then 40 (or less items if you are not VIP) items would result in them not showing up. You could try to buy back more things in hopes that it adds things outside the limit but not sure if that works.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Serjical, Crashoveride, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda. Speed run tracker for those that like a challenge

  5. #5
    Community Member relenttless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    695

    Default

    doesn't appear to, there were 41 pages of buy back, I've reduced that to 39 but it hasn't refilled as of yet, I'll give it a couple of days
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

    "Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

    Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

  6. #6
    Community Member lifestaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by relenttless View Post
    doesn't appear to, there were 41 pages of buy back, I've reduced that to 39 but it hasn't refilled as of yet, I'll give it a couple of days
    so 41 pages, at 10 a page (I don't remember honestly) so you had the option to buy back 410 things, and complain that you couldn't buy back some things when you already had the option to buy back 370 things more then you should have? Sorry in your saying that buy back is broken you have proven it is indeed in our favor in that regards. No worries though, will be back to 40 items soon.
    I would have a sig, but Someone might be offended by it so I will just list characters.
    Vicinity, Serjical, Crashoveride, and far to many bank toons too list.
    -Sorry to any bank toons that are offended by me not listing mine-
    Ravensguard, Ghallanda. Speed run tracker for those that like a challenge

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,463

    Default

    Hi,

    OP, that's really unpleasant. Good luck with getting your stuff back.

    Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

  8. #8
    Community Member relenttless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lifestaker View Post
    so 41 pages, at 10 a page (I don't remember honestly) so you had the option to buy back 410 things, and complain that you couldn't buy back some things when you already had the option to buy back 370 things more then you should have? Sorry in your saying that buy back is broken you have proven it is indeed in our favor in that regards. No worries though, will be back to 40 items soon.
    except there are items still in my buyback marked "imminent" which were originally vendored at least a month ago. The buy back is not wai. If I foolishly (?) emptied my inventory then the fault is mine for sure, but the items in it do not cycle through with any regularity
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

    "Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

    Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    368

    Default

    except there are items still in my buyback marked "imminent" which were originally vendored at least a month ago. The buy back is not wai. If I foolishly (?) emptied my inventory then the fault is mine for sure, but the items in it do not cycle through with any regularity
    I'm pretty sure the problem with that is TR'ing. If you sell items and TR before they drop out, they get stuck in the buyback list until you buy them back and sell them again.

  10. #10
    Community Member eachna_gislin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by relenttless View Post
    Am feeling slightly physically sick at the moment.

    Like an idiot, I accidentally sold my entire inventory at the vendor last night.
    Apart from the tedium of having to individually scroll through 41 pages of buy back to retrieve my items, imagine my horror when I discover that a significant number of precious items were not there.
    I got a few bits back, but the main loss was 5 pieces of greensteel... 1 lit II khopesh, 1 min II, 1 blurry hp belt, 1 haste clicky and a displace clicky....also missing are a water khopesh, my voice, visor of the flesh renders, and a few other nice lowbie clickies......

    Seems that any duplicates vanish, ie I got back 1 of each of the gs khopeshes and the water khopesh but they were all pairs and the second ones have vanished,.....

    I'll put a ticket in today but I'm not feeling very hopeful.....

    The horror.
    I'm sorry to hear that happened. I (accidentally) sold my one and only unlocked Cacophonic Verge when killing that skellie was hard and I was running a wizard life. Ever since that I lock loot that I want to keep, including items I'm wearing.

    Locking your loot makes it faster to sell items in the future as the only ones that show up are ones that are not locked so bonus convenience for doing it.

    For those who are asking why the 'sell all' button, it's for people who lock their loot to then sell everything unlocked. Seems pretty lazy to _not_ be able to use "sell all" (not directed at the OP, but at Gnarledmaw).

    OP: If you're on either Orien or Sarlona I'd be glad to donate some mats to you. I have spares on both.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload