Thread: Twists

Default Twists

Eventually soon I am gonna TR into a monk and was wondering what twists would go well with playing a monk? LOL I would like to play an OP character for once before the changes. Also items I would love to have suggestions on to.
    Last edited by Scarence; 07-16-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Be in GMOF, twist in Legendary Tactics from LD, Sense Weakness from Fury, and... something else that fits your playstyle.

Items, get the bestest handwraps you can find (Grave Wrappings are a good start), a Seal of House Dun'Robar with +10 stunning and an Epic Spare Hand T3.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMilk View Post
    Be in GMOF, twist in Legendary Tactics from LD, Sense Weakness from Fury, and... something else that fits your playstyle.

Items, get the bestest handwraps you can find (Grave Wrappings are a good start), a Seal of House Dun'Robar with +10 stunning and an Epic Spare Hand T3.
    That's what I twist on my monks, add Rejuv in the third twist slot for the extra survivability.

Community Member

I've done a lot of twisting on the monk.

Sense weakness is uber...

Combat DCs is NICE if you are having issues.

I like to twist rapid healing from barb, because it's enough to cover healing to solo everything.

--------------------------

Sometimes, I twist the lighting from fate singer.
    Sometimes I twist whistler from shadari for a ranged stun.
    Sometimes I twist the magister reflex for a boost, and the pass tru mobs, and the 3 dodge. (Such a great tier 1 ability)

---------------

Grave Wrappings have just about everything you need. It gives 35 temp hit points on 20. It level drains, its +10 stunning, hard to beat these. And it gives 2d6 untyped damage. So, win, win, win win.

I'm not sure if you have all the EDs or not.

If you build for a few combat feats, of course LD Master's Blitz is still broken, and allowing infinite usage as long as you don't go thru a door. So, get some combat feats, to build it up faster. (How can you argue with 250% damage?)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 350zguy View Post
    Sense weakness is uber...

Grave Wrappings have just about everything you need. It gives 35 temp hit points on 20. It level drains, its +10 stunning, hard to beat these. And it gives 2d6 untyped damage. So, win, win, win win.
    The issue with these 2 things is that sense weakness tends to break the Entropic Damage on grave wrappings. So you actually lose that 2d6 damage

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Sense weakness or G.T.F.O. is rule of melee combat (but actually someone could do math and compare sense weakness vs primal +5% TWF/animal/unarmed DPS).

Action boost: damage is nice, as legendary tactics, fast healing and cocoon.

When going to fot, energy sheath (electricity) is mandatory (its even mandatorier than sense weakness).

Brace for Impact is worth considering, fitting in nicely with sense weakness and legendary tactics.

As for items, for leveling you might consider:

Jidz-Tet'ka
    sora kell set
    vampiric stonedust wraps
    garments of equilibirum
    frozen tunic (ML16 version taken down to ML14 w/masterful is winner winner chicken dinner)
    ivy wraps
    ring of the stalker
    bracers of wind
    way of the sun soul set

Farm all that up now and your next life will be suitably OP at least through level 20.