Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default Update 18 Patch 3 Release Notes Now Available - a little LEAN :(

    The Update 18 Patch 3 notes are pretty lean:

    https://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-patch-3


    Plus, the image and wording on the community page says that 18.2 is available. Shouldn't this boast 18.3, and link appropriately?

    http://www.ddo.com/en/community


    So, the updates to the launcher - are these cosmetic/style changes only? Or, are there more significant, functional updates to improve performance with the launcher? Can you go into greater detail on this, or on any of the other changes?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    The Update 18 Patch 3 notes are pretty lean:

    https://www.ddo.com/en/update-18-patch-3


    Plus, the image and wording on the community page says that 18.2 is available. Shouldn't this boast 18.3, and link appropriately?

    http://www.ddo.com/en/community


    So, the updates to the launcher - are these cosmetic/style changes only? Or, are there more significant, functional updates to improve performance with the launcher? Can you go into greater detail on this, or on any of the other changes?

    Thank you!
    The launcher update was more than cosmetic and worthy of a patch all by itself. It has sped up the log in process for many of us, as the old launcher was slow and clunky compared to the new one. While this may not be important or effect everyone, it is certainly a nice change for many of us.

    There were also at least two exploits that were fixed that they will never post about (monk fast recall seems to still work). These changes were also worth the update and downtime.

  3. #3
    Community Member Teh_Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Under the bridge
    Posts
    5,874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    The launcher update was more than cosmetic and worthy of a patch all by itself. It has sped up the log in process for many of us, as the old launcher was slow and clunky compared to the new one. While this may not be important or effect everyone, it is certainly a nice change for many of us.
    I've also noticed the game in general was less laggy last night.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I've also noticed the game in general was less laggy last night.
    that's because they rebooted the servers, clearing out the server side memory leaks. i wish they'd do it more often. they used to do it once a week. guess they "can't afford" to. s'why i'm staying ftp.

  5. #5
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,623

    Default

    Someone in another thread said their Bladeforged got its bronze outfit after the patch. Unintended consequence? You'd think if this was intended it would be in the notes.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    So, the updates to the launcher - are these cosmetic/style changes only? Or, are there more significant, functional updates to improve performance with the launcher? Can you go into greater detail on this, or on any of the other changes?
    Some of the functional changes with the launcher are that it now launches links with the default web browser, not necessarily IE, and it also supports multi-clienting from one installation.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    The launcher update was more than cosmetic and worthy of a patch all by itself. It has sped up the log in process for many of us, as the old launcher was slow and clunky compared to the new one. While this may not be important or effect everyone, it is certainly a nice change for many of us.

    There were also at least two exploits that were fixed that they will never post about (monk fast recall seems to still work). These changes were also worth the update and downtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    Some of the functional changes with the launcher are that it now launches links with the default web browser, not necessarily IE, and it also supports multi-clienting from one installation.
    Where are you folks getting this information from?! What am I missing? Is there no official comm on the game client changes?


    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    I've also noticed the game in general was less laggy last night.
    That's a good sign, at least.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Someone in another thread said their Bladeforged got its bronze outfit after the patch. Unintended consequence? You'd think if this was intended it would be in the notes.
    Yeah, I got mine also. Would have thought they would put that in the notes. But they didn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    Where are you folks getting this information from?! What am I missing? Is there no official comm on the game client changes?
    Erm, the new launcher is basically the same as the one LOTRO has had for a while now, and was also the Lamannia launcher. I haven't seen official notes on the DDO live side of things, and can't point you to where I first learned about the changes to the new launcher because it's been some time and could have been either Lama notes or LOTRO notes, or just people talking about the changes.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    Erm, the new launcher is basically the same as the one LOTRO has had for a while now, and was also the Lamannia launcher. I haven't seen official notes on the DDO live side of things, and can't point you to where I first learned about the changes to the new launcher because it's been some time and could have been either Lama notes or LOTRO notes, or just people talking about the changes.
    While I believe you, frankly, hearsay from players is not good enough. If they are going to make significant changes to the launcher, I am very curious as to what those changes are. For both hopefulness, and for skepticism.

    Hopefully Turbine will provide us with a little bit more official info about what was modified with the new launcher.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    While I believe you, frankly, hearsay from players is not good enough. If they are going to make significant changes to the launcher, I am very curious as to what those changes are. For both hopefulness, and for skepticism.

    Hopefully Turbine will provide us with a little bit more official info about what was modified with the new launcher.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. The launcher info was gathered from... using the launcher.

  12. #12
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    Some of the functional changes with the launcher are that it now launches links with the default web browser, not necessarily IE, and it also supports multi-clienting from one installation.
    Something else to note is that it is now using Qt4. This is probably part of the process of porting DDO to other platforms.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  13. #13

    Default

    Is DDO featuring 18.2 presently? Or 18.3? Which is it?!

    I don't know. The branding / marketing collateral is CONFUSING and INCONSISTANT!!!




    If you are featuring 18.3, where are the REST OF THE RELEASE NOTES?!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload