2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Default Capped a path built paladin (from 2009)

... well to 20 anyway.

When I came back to Thelanis I had this character sitting there that was the first character I ever rolled. As I had just wanted to start playing the game way back when (and not necessarily think about it) I'd happily taken that option of "oh would you like us to do that for you?" and had hard won my battles to level 4 (with no enhancement points spent) on this path build. So it was a mule for a long time. And then I dragged it out one day and just the sheer amusement value of the "Oh good grief that's awful!" reactions I got from people over the mere thought of the concept of a path build encouraged me to play with it. Then level it in an amused "Oh I have something at that level" way. And then out of sheer lets-horrify-people, let me cap the d4mn thing.

So this was a path build that was started in October of 2009 and capped in June of 2013. Forgot to screenshot the skills page but there was a ton of points in intim. Apparently the builds are based on common builds of the time. I was never allowed to guild this thing and so pugged it all the way - picking and choosing stuff I could actually contribute to. My thanks to any hapless pug groups out there that enabled this

leveling dialog + stats : http://flic.kr/p/faTavj

feats: http://flic.kr/p/faTa3U

Oh, and I would like to dedicate this thread to my guildie Pol for all the times he told me to delete this
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Cool! lol

The path actually chose a Khopesh proficiancy for you? That surprised me.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

GZ

Now deepwood sniper

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Cool! lol

The path actually chose a Khopesh proficiancy for you? That surprised me.
    I remember that path it's the one I was on with my very first character too!

The thing is it does not give you the stat distribution for the two-weapon fighting feats so apparently you are expected to sword and board with a khopesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post

The thing is it does not give you the stat distribution for the two-weapon fighting feats so apparently you are expected to sword and board with a khopesh.
    Oh I see, that makes sense. yet I see they did toss in PA.... lol

My very first toon, which I parked at L8, was a THF paladin that I started on the path thingy until about L6. At one point I redid his enhancements too, never having even heard of PrE until a couple months into the game.

So the path does NOT pick your enhancements for you? Just the feats and beginning stats?

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post

/laughtersnort

Yuppers. I just pretended to be THF for the most part and just sighed at my combat log. There were a few pugs out there I did ok in. And it was with vicarious glee I would snicker to myself when I resezzed multi TRs with a ring of the ancestors. Although for the most part I had fun gearing it out in some of the upgraded twink loot from Tempests Spine, etc.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Oh I see, that makes sense. yet I see they did toss in PA.... lol

My very first toon, which I parked at L8, was a THF paladin that I started on the path thingy until about L6. At one point I redid his enhancements too, never having even heard of PrE until a couple months into the game.

So the path does NOT pick your enhancements for you? Just the feats and beginning stats?
    No enhancements yep so had to do those. If I was a new free player again today I would still probably do the path build and I would still most likely not spend enhancement points until I knew what they were. I wonder if the Palladian build path has changed?

It was much easier for me to get to 20 this last month than it was to get to 4 four years ago - the biggest difference being game knowledge.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Burn it with fire before it starts raiding!!!111!11!1!11!
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by K_0tiC View Post
    Burn it with fire before it starts raiding!!!111!11!1!11!
    Hey as promised I did *not* raid it. :P It's now a level 5 monk - doing another pally PL then 36pt monk as after 4 months I *still* can't transfer chars. Looking forward to having a monk again.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~