Default Thank you so much for U18P3!

Dear Devs

I know you guys take a lot of flak for not addressing quality of life issues. Therefore I wanted to take the time to say thank you so much for addressing (and as far as I can tell completely solving) my biggest quality of life issue, namely the log in process. Overnight my log in time went from ~10 min on a good day, to less than a minute. Because I often play short sessions, I think you guys just added ~10% to my active playing time and reduced log-in-related grumbling time to near zero!

I saw some people complain that the new launcher isn't pretty enough. I guess that marks the first time in history, where addicts complain about the aesthetics of their proverbial needle...

Go Team Devs!

Community Member

I'm not even about to complain about what it looks like. My goal with launcher screens is to spend a little time viewing them as possible, so mission accomplished. No more agonizing 10 minute logins, huzzah. Much obliged Devs.

I'm guardedly optimistic on the load in issues, the reason why I'm not willing to say it's fixed is when it started I did a reinstall to try to fix it. It worked for about 3 days then the issue was back. If we're still loading in without the issue in a week they fixed it, saying it right now might be premature.

You were lucky, didnt fix it for me.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Agree with you on this one OP. Also that it's so much easier for multiple clients. I no longer have to script.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Community Member

had no trouble with first login - 2nd login the usual, red disconnect icon and have to restart DDO

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    had no trouble with first login - 2nd login the usual, red disconnect icon and have to restart DDO
    Same. It was working for one day for me, and now, its red disconnect icon again. And I have some serious connection issues (I didn't have before) as well. Keep on the good work, guys!

Community Member

meh, double post, delete please.
    Last edited by Yalinaa; 07-16-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I have to join the bandwagon, it has fixed the double and triple login required issue I was having the last two weeks or so. And I confess, I honestly can't comment on the look, I just type in my pword, hit my server, and am generally talking to the husband or reading a webpage while waiting, I don't really look at it or pay attention. But I get enough rants from Dre to be assured it must be ugly. LOL
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    You were lucky, didnt fix it for me.
    Yes it didnt work for me in fact it seems worse now....... and im not sure if its the update but my latency and lag has gone up quite a bit.

But I guess i am happy that they are trying to address these issues and its working for some people.

Last weekend, I upgraded to a SSD and 12 GB of RAM, and re-installed Windows 7 from scratch...

Initial game load time is in the 10 second range now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

I'm still getting the same red latency and disconnect on initial login. I don't know any other MMO that has this problem. It's a very bad first impression for newcomers trying out this game.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin_230 View Post
    I'm still getting the same red latency and disconnect on initial login. I don't know any other MMO that has this problem. It's a very bad first impression for newcomers trying out this game.
    I am still getting them, but they are less frequent than before.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by supott View Post
    ditto.
    first login after the update, brilliant. Entire login process was about a minute......since then progressively worse, this morning back to a 10 minute login with 3 restarts....

poor.
    "Implosion: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Quote Originally Posted by relenttless View Post
    ditto.
    first login after the update, brilliant. Entire login process was about a minute......since then progressively worse, this morning back to a 10 minute login with 3 restarts....

poor.
    That because during update, all important files are cached in Windows cache. Right after update loading phase can be very fast. Try it after clean reboot.

This is the way, how ddopreload works.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ddopreload.zip
    (extract into DDO's root folder and run it from it)
    PS: Requires min 2GB of the memory (aprx. 1.3GB discardable), otherwise it don't work

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)