Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default What we call, the "Sorc Juggernaut."

edit
    Last edited by curingwound; 07-29-2015 at 04:19 AM.

Default gear

what gear and starting stats?

Is this just a shiradi build with evasion as well or am I missing something?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Is this just a shiradi build with evasion as well or am I missing something?
    You are missing something. There is a clever synergy of:

• Not having strength to melee
    • Not having trap skills
    • Not having deadly weapon (the most meaningful weapon buff)
    • Not having manyshot
    • Not having as many feats
    • But using a name that implies all of the above!
    • Stay missing something my friend!

Community Member

Just to be even handed, I also need to point out the affront to the Tukaw build as well

http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/181901

Bonus points to any old-timers who know what it was before reading up on it. Extra points if you know what the golden cockroach is as well.

Just thinking about it I see a major problem with it even as a shiradi caster since you won't have wind dance or whatever it's called which gives you some defensive mobility.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    • Not having trap skills
    • Not having manyshot
    Yeah C, this is clearly not just a Shiradi with evasion. Look at all those things it doesn't have but Shiradi sorcs have. I don't know what I'd do if my Shiradi sorc didn't have manyshot or deadly weapons. I'd probably re-roll as a Juggernaut and spend my days puking purple. Stay missing something Char, cause if you make too much sense, someone is gonna call you on it.

Juggarnot. Tukaw kinda.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by curingwound View Post
    So my guildies and I have been working on the build we are calling the Sorc Juggernaut.
    This is the reason that you are getting flack, not the build itself. If you are going to name a build after an existing build, there is an expectation that it will have design goals similar to the original build. Not just named after it in an apparently arbitrary manner.

This character, from what can be told from the character sheet, looks to be a fairly standard 2mnk/2pal splashed Sorc. They make for great Shiradi Spammers. They are certainly capable of everything that you listed as goals. I am sure that you will have a lot of fun with it! But given the thread title most people would be expecting a Sorcerer based character with high sustainable melee damage, self healing, high saving throws, and situational burst ranged damage.

Just to be even handed, I also need to point out the affront to the Tukaw build as well

http://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/181901

Bonus points to any old-timers who know what it was before reading up on it. Extra points if you know what the golden cockroach is as well.
    Tukaw was my first thought upon reading the OP, but I have no idea what the golden cockroach is.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlugger View Post
    Tukaw was my first thought upon reading the OP, but I have no idea what the golden cockroach is.
    It may have just been golden roach. It was a FVS version of the monk/pally splash.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...vs-2monk-2pal?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForumAccess View Post
    This is the reason that you are getting flack, not the build itself. If you are going to name a build after an existing build, there is an expectation that it will have design goals similar to the original build. Not just named after it in an apparently arbitrary manner.

This character, from what can be told from the character sheet, looks to be a fairly standard 2mnk/2pal splashed Sorc. They make for great Shiradi Spammers. They are certainly capable of everything that you listed as goals. I am sure that you will have a lot of fun with it! But given the thread title most people would be expecting a Sorcerer based character with high sustainable melee damage, self healing, high saving throws, and situational burst ranged damage.
    You're totally right we did name it in an arbitrary manner, we are referring to it as something considered destructive and unstoppable. Which is the actual meaning of Juggernaut. To be honest, I didn't really care to even post this. My guildies just asked me to since I'm the first capped.

Community Member

• Not having trap skills
    • Not having manyshot
    Look up the meaning of the word Juggernaut. I said we are calling it a Juggernaut Sorc, didn't refer to it as anything you have said above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut

P.S. not missing much these days.

Community Member

• Not having trap skills
    • Not having manyshot
    Everything I claim to do in this post, I do on a regular basis. The word Juggernaut doesn't need to make me a trapper with deadly and melee strength.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by curingwound View Post
    You're totally right we did name it in an arbitrary manner, we are referring to it as something considered destructive and unstoppable. Which is the actual meaning of Juggernaut.
    In my first two posts, I was making the point that splashing 2 pally/2 monk was hardly original. Now lets address your name... Juggernaut. Like many cool sounding/meaning names... someone had already used it. In this case, it is still one of the top end builds in the game, documented by a 37 (as of this point in time) page long thread with clearly stated benefits of the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    [FONT=Century Gothic]
    Then this build might be right for you, I present the Juggernaut.
    Over the last four months I continuously developed and improved this build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    [FONT=Century Gothic]
    Pros/Cons of the build:
    + Best selfhealing via Reconstruct (No undead targeting, no healing curse, good buff etc, With MA Ring its 435 per Cast, with slotted Cleaver and Potion its 556 per Cast)
    + A lot of Hitpoints (I am sitting on ~1000)
    + Very good saves (With the right gear easily around 50 each – Both versions, paladin Version shines here)
    + High damage output in melee and ranged combat
    + Full trap skills
    + Evasion
    + Suited for Solo and Group Play
    + PRR up to 60 possible (Sitting on 54 at the moment)
    + Clickies last longer (Displacement, Deathward, GH etc)
    + Versatile Selfbuffs (DR Breaking, Damage bonus, Haste Armor, AC Bonus, Tensers)

- I challenge you to find one
    The Juggernaut thread has remained in the first 3 pages of "new posts" for almost six months straight. It gave a detailed build, and the OP has continued to answer questions through the life of the thread. Your gem on the other hand, offered a screenshot and called it a day. When someone asks me about the juggernaut build... it will not be this thread that I send them too.

TL/DR:
    While you are free to call this the sorc juggernaut.... everyone else calls something else the juggernaut
    Last edited by Ancient; 07-15-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Community Member

Default Sorc-er-not?

Sorcernot?
    RTFM on Khyber, Toy Soldiers.

Toy Soldiers PD Roll Builds Guild on Wayfinder.

So other than evasion how is this better than 18/2 pally split shiradi? Why the /2 monk if you're not meleeing?

Heck, I've tanked eh TO on a gimpy second lifer FvS/2monk split and I wouldn't call that an acheivement.
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

Default Name doesn't matter

While I am sure that you picked Juggernaut because it sounds cool and it is being thrown around a lot these days; that doesn't matter to me. Neither does a screen shot that literally shows me nothing new.

What does matter to me?

Build Details:
    What feats did you take?
    What makes you toon better than my shiradi sorc?
    What does the extra splash beyond the norm give that, in your opinion, is better than what your average shiradi sorc pally has?
    What twists are you using on your build and why?
    What gear are you wearing?
    What playstyle do you use when playing this toon?

If someone asked me to "show" someone what my toon looks like I wouldn't assume they meant a screen shot of my toon standing in blue dragon scale, and a snapshot of my character sheet.

I honestly believe you can call your build anything, it's your build. However, if you want to present it and get feed back from others about the build and not the name WE NEED MORE.

So far here is what I know:
    16 sorc 2 pally 2 monk
    warforged
    pump con and cha as high as you can
    wear blue dragon armor and helm
    don't twist brace for impact
    buff yourself
    join a short man FoT and die one time, while finishing in 11 mins. (not sure if difficulty matters here but I think normal would probably help.)

I am not trying to make fun of you or your build but that is all I know about it at this point.

Care to add anything new to the discussion? I really do want to like your character and TR into a clone. Convince me!

(If not feel free to quote and flame me)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tu_mater View Post
    While I am sure that you picked Juggernaut because it sounds cool and it is being thrown around a lot these days; that doesn't matter to me. Neither does a screen shot that literally shows me nothing new.

What does matter to me?

Build Details:
    What feats did you take?
    What makes you toon better than my shiradi sorc?
    What does the extra splash beyond the norm give that, in your opinion, is better than what your average shiradi sorc pally has?
    What twists are you using on your build and why?
    What gear are you wearing?
    What playstyle do you use when playing this toon?

If someone asked me to "show" someone what my toon looks like I wouldn't assume they meant a screen shot of my toon standing in blue dragon scale, and a snapshot of my character sheet.

I honestly believe you can call your build anything, it's your build. However, if you want to present it and get feed back from others about the build and not the name WE NEED MORE.

So far here is what I know:
    16 sorc 2 pally 2 monk
    warforged
    pump con and cha as high as you can
    wear blue dragon armor and helm
    don't twist brace for impact
    buff yourself
    join a short man FoT and die one time, while finishing in 11 mins. (not sure if difficulty matters here but I think normal would probably help.)

I am not trying to make fun of you or your build but that is all I know about it at this point.

Care to add anything new to the discussion? I really do want to like your character and TR into a clone. Convince me!

(If not feel free to quote and flame me)
    Im very interested in seeing your shortman FOT completion time.. oh wait you haven't posted one. I also love all the replies claiming to have done things ...when there is absolutely no proof you've done them. Let me try... I soloed FOT and CITW EE ...see how easy that was... Lets ry linking your current running builds and accomplishments other then hiding behind your OP friends and claiming to have done things ... have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by tyevek View Post
    Im very interested in seeing your shortman FOT completion time.. oh wait you haven't posted one. I also love all the replies claiming to have done things ...when there is absolutely no proof you've done them. Let me try... I soloed FOT and CITW EE ...see how easy that was... Lets ry linking your current running builds and accomplishments other then hiding behind your OP friends and claiming to have done things ... have a nice day
    SS or it didn't happen, if you're friends with the op and think his ss's are proof they're not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast