Default Level Banking At 19

Was wondering when I take level 19 with level 20 banked will the xp carry into level 21 or does it stop at level 20 so I can do level 17 quests on elite for BB?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scarence View Post
    Was wondering when I take level 19 with level 20 banked will the xp carry into level 21 or does it stop at level 20 so I can do level 17 quests on elite for BB?
    If I remember well (haven't touched epic levels in a couple months now), once you hit 20, and that is while banking 18, 19 or 20, you can still get exp up to level 22.

I know this was unclear so ill try to simplify : I think you can keep 19 till you're 22 so yep, you can do your level 17 quest with BB. You can also keep 18 and do the same with lvl 16 quests.

Hope that helps, have a good one.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Community Member

I don't think your EDs will get credit for the XP though until you take lvl 20.

Community Member

You can get epic XP without getting ED XP. In fact it is possible (I believe, I haven't tried it) to get to level 25 without haven't an ED.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyYuri View Post
    I don't think your EDs will get credit for the XP though until you take lvl 20.
    This and you also run into the scaling issue of epic levels needing much more xp and epic quest giving it (about 3x what heroics give). Basically, it can be done but game mechanics don't really encourage doing so unless one is really thin on epic content.

As one that has held level 18 until I have enough XP for Level 20 I can confirm this:

There is no -1 XP wall where you have to take the next level to keep earning XP at Level 20.

This means you can continue until -1 XP from Level 21. The problem is the loss to ED XP as you cannot activate an ED unless you are level 20.

As for taking Level 19 my opinion is that you should only do that if there is a compelling reason to do so, such as the need for the power Level 19 will bring you that is needed before you level to 20 (most commonly seen with Multi-class builds)

By taking level 19 you also limit your grouping quest pool, level 16 quests will now incur an over level penalty. If you solo and don't mind the penalty on 16s then taking 19 isn't a big deal.