Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Because I'm a crafter, I had spellpower 90 at lvl 14 with that cloak (tier 3 lvl 16 version + masterful craftmanship) But you're right about epic levels. Maybe someday they'll revisit the cannith challenge loot now that they added 5 (and soon 8) lvls since it was rolled out...

Tablecloth is certainly nice, but ML 25, and requires some significant grinding to get the upgrades that really make it shine.

And sorry, reading fail on my part re: the conc-opp! Was hurrying at that point. (Darn, I'm jealous--wish I'd made my HP item into a conc-opp, and just swap-in the extra sp item. That really is a great idea).

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Tablecloth is very good for casters. Short of that, both cloak of night and ghost-waking cloak are nice.

Any spell power capped at 90 (like the cloak of flames) is only useful for an off-school line. You're sacrificing 30 spell power right of the bat now, even more when the new xpack goes live and the level cap goes up to 28. ML28 spell power will be 138 if the current progression holds.

Agreed. My cleric has a GS belt, but only because I needed a slot that would work for all three setups: tr leveling, initial epic gearset, final epic gearset.

Yes you do; the concop is on the always-on HP item. The swap item just has spell points and a rez clickie.

Community Member

Yep, going to follow EllisDee on this point I think - that swap idea is brilliant.

Thanks again for all and any advice given. I've said it before, and I'll reiterate now - the one thing that makes DDO stand head and shoulders above the other MMOs around is the depth.

Ist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
    I had spellpower 90 at lvl 14
    Yeah, you can't beet challenge items for leveling spell power. I mentioned upthread about my cleric, who ended up going with a GS belt due to trying to come up with a slot that worked for both leveling and epic gearsets.

Tablecloth is certainly nice, but ML 25, and requires some significant grinding to get the upgrades that really make it shine.
    It's just the fact that tablecloth exists that makes cloak an iffy spot. What I generally do is come up with "in a perfect world" endgame gearsets that I may never actually acquire. It's just to get an idea of what I might get so I know what to avoid in terms of slotting other things like greensteel.

Tablecloth has an advantage over other grindy hard-to-get gear: placeholder options. Until acquiring tablecloth, you can placeholder it with an adamantine cloak of the dragon which is easy (albeit grindy) for a wizard to make, even solo. My wizard is currently wearing an addy dragon cloak that he ground completely solo.

Gloves are safer because while you may (or may not) eventually want a tablecloth/ghost-waking/cloak of night, there aren't any high end arcane caster gloves to consider. The best of the best currently is those glacier gloves, and those are meh at best.

And sorry, reading fail on my part re: the conc-opp! Was hurrying at that point. (Darn, I'm jealous--wish I'd made my HP item into a conc-opp, and just swap-in the extra sp item. That really is a great idea).
    It works out great, but when I first made them I failed pretty hard in that I cleansed the always-worn item, which I originally made as bracers. This was a while ago, before I understood how good demon consort bracers are for pale masters. Once eGH went live and I planned out my new endgame gear setup I realized I needed to move the GS bracers over to gloves. That required cleansing a second item, which was annoying. This time I wisely chose to cleanse the shrine swap.

To the OP: If you plan on torc, then necklace is clearly the best shrine-swap slot, hands down. If you don't plan on torc, however, then there may be a better slot to swap with. Try to find a slot that doesn't give you intelligence in any form (or whatever your casting stat is) and of course, that slot can't give you spell points either. In an ideal world the shrine swap slot shouldn't give hit points (false life, vitality, con) either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12