Default No low-level Void Strike in any Monk tree breaks finishers

I've tested out two of my Monks and retooled them with the beta enhancements. Contrary to my initial reactions from the alpha in terms of questioning the overall thoughts, I found both Shintao and Ninja Spy adjustments to be generally pretty workable, if not usable. I still miss Rise of the Phoenix as a raise-dead ability, not a raise-yourself ability, and the overpowering of giving all Monk stances, I think I can overlook it as the enhancements are so versatile to create a dramatic change in power.

However, there is a still the matter of no Void Strike I or equivalent available on any tree. Without this, the auto-granted finisher feats Curse of the Void and Moment of Clarity cannot be done without wasting a LOT of points into the Henshin tree to get Void Strike IV.

Curse of the Void was a particular favorite for some dark Monks to sow chaos during a fight with its charm effect.

A simple way to rectify this is to auto-grant the original Void Strike I effect as a feat at the same level that these finisher feats are auto-granted: Level 10. Fixes the issue without complicating the enhancement tree. How about it, devs?
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Las Vegas NV, also known as "Land of Scorched Morals"

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    I've tested out two of my Monks and retooled them with the beta enhancements. Contrary to my initial reactions from the alpha in terms of questioning the overall thoughts, I found both Shintao and Ninja Spy adjustments to be generally pretty workable, if not usable. I still miss Rise of the Phoenix as a raise-dead ability, not a raise-yourself ability, and the overpowering of giving all Monk stances, I think I can overlook it as the enhancements are so versatile to create a dramatic change in power.

However, there is a still the matter of no Void Strike I or equivalent available on any tree. Without this, the auto-granted finisher feats Curse of the Void and Moment of Clarity cannot be done without wasting a LOT of points into the Henshin tree to get Void Strike IV.

Curse of the Void was a particular favorite for some dark Monks to sow chaos during a fight with its charm effect.

A simple way to rectify this is to auto-grant the original Void Strike I effect as a feat at the same level that these finisher feats are auto-granted: Level 10. Fixes the issue without complicating the enhancement tree. How about it, devs?
    Obviously this post just got a raise dead cast on it by me.

First to Spencerian:
    Thanks for posting this, besides the merit of the suggestion, I just turned level 10 today and saw I had this as a new feat. As a staunch Ninja, I was totally onboard with what the finisher says is its result and wasted a good 30 minutes studying my trees, feats, and what not to see where the heck the Void Strike was. Its nowhere is the answer, no-frigging-where!!! I'm nonplussed by this since your post was on July 15, and this still hasn't been addressed

I also wanted to thank you for your blog, it is IMHO THE DDO-Monk resource.

Back on topic, Mr Dev Team, would you kindly at least post a comment regarding this? Unfinished class is unfinished and something to look forward to as a schedule or at least consideration would be appreciated.

Regards;

Mad-Fherrit-Drinks-The-Dew

ya, this is a real issue, needs a fix asap
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Community Member

Lightbulb

At least if you are not going to give back void strike could we get a different feat at 10th level?