Community Member

Default New player, looking at crafting.

Hey guys, I'm a new player to the game and the crafting thing here looks a little overwhelming so I had originally planned to avoid it for the time being but someone suggested to me that I get some "Life Shield Armour" or if possible "Life Shield Armour of Invulnerability" as it's supposed to be good while leveling.

I looked around for it on the Auction House and on google and couldnt find it anywhere but then someone pointed me to crafting as the answer.

I've read the primer and I think I get the basic concept now, disenchant items to get components, assemble those components into shards, combine the shards with a blank item for an item with the mods I want!

So I went to http://cannith.cubicleninja.com/ at their direction to play around with it and from what I can see I would need to make:

+1 Enhancement Shard (req Arc 10)
    - 1 Greater Arcane Essence
    - 4 Lesser Arcane Essence
    - 1 Syberys
    - 1 +1 Spirit

Life Shield Shard (req Arc 10, Div 42)
    - 6 Greater Good Essence
    - 24 Lesser Good Essence
    - 9 Siberys

I could combine those with the appropriate armour to make lvl 7 +1 Life Shield Armour right?

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get my Arcane Crafting skill to 10 and Divine Crafting to 42?

Also, if I make that lvl 7 req armour and then later on craft:

Shard of Invulnerability (req Arc 15)
    - 3 Greater Body Essence
    - 12 Lesser Body Essence
    - 4 Khyber
    - 3 Strings of Prayer Beads

Can I add it as a suffix to the existing item or do all the shards have to be added at once?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you're able to give, it is much appreciated!

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

Firstly let me say welcome to DDO!

Now items as you already know can have 3 things which are:

1. Enhancement.
    2. Prefix.
    3. Suffix.

These do not have to be added all at the same time once an item is ready to be crafted you can craft on it until all 3 of the above have been used, after that you would need to disjunct the item (remove all effects) and start again so hopefully that answers your question on that

As for getting Divine 42 and Arcane 10 that is fairly straight forward to do, if you really really REALLY want the item making then try using the /trade channel on your server and see if somebody would be willing to make the item for you which generally speaking there nearly always is and most of the time all they ask for is the materials to do it with (which you provide of course).

What server do you play on?

Stoner81.

Community Member

I am on Khyber.

My understanding was that if someone else crafts it for me it they will have to craft it "unbound", which will increase the ML of the item. Is that the case or am I misunderstanding something?

Quote Originally Posted by KaptainO View Post
    My understanding was that if someone else crafts it for me it they will have to craft it "unbound", which will increase the ML of the item. Is that the case or am I misunderstanding something?
    It will not increase the ML of the item. It only increases the difficulty and required ingredients for crafting the shard.
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Get your arcane up high enough to craft invulnerability. Possibly arcane 9 or something ridiculously low.

While you're in the crafting hall ask in trade channel if someone would make you an unbound life shield shard.

Don't bother with the +1 enhancement bonus. It will raise the ML by 2 levels and give you no meaningful benefit.

Give me a toon name and I can craft them tomorrow.
    Rognac / Oesel / Zaegroenhali / Maloich / Eriaolys / Voidmind / Pastacide / Orangewing / Veraya / Sisutu / Peletis / Lacrimis / Clipped / Somniloquy / Hypnagogic / Othafa

Khyber / The Hand of the Black Tower

Community Member

Thanks! My character's name is Vaeyne.