Everything was working beautifully before Monday's server downtime and new launcher. I've spent two days troubleshooting, and no success (followed all the steps of the online support for the errors I've gotten, re-installed the game three times now, re-installed .NET Framework 1.1, MS Visual C++ runtime). Submitted support ticket to DDO (haven't heard back yet).
Windows 7 SP1 64-bit (latest updates and drivers)
The launcher behaviors & errors I'm now getting:
1) "Turbine Launcher has stopped working" (basically crashed during "Update Programs")
2) "Unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server" (Task: Retry, Progress: Failed)
3) "There was an error generating the hash code for a patch file." (also occurred during "Update Programs")
4) The launcher configuration settings dialogue is not functioning properly (check boxes do not appear as checked, radio buttons cannot be selected).
5) Oddly enough, if restarted, the launcher will occasionally continue to attempt to run and periodically fail with the message: "Done applying [some number] patch(s). [some number] total bytes downloaded" (The number of patches changes unpredictably, sometimes 1, 5, 32, sometimes 0).
6) The launcher will occasionally appear to be functioning and reach the "Dat files" task, showing that the "Iterations" task has successfully completed and has a status of "Done!", however during the "Dat files" task it will freeze showing the following:
"Task: Dat files, Progress: 0%, Status: client_gamelogic.dat-10847". Below appears a test message and progress bar. The text message shows, for example: "Downloading file 3 of 7820 (535 bytes / 535 bytes)". And the progress bar is filled with blue squares (with a white background), and shows "100%" (the black 100% text is barely legible in front of the dark blue squares).
I don't know what else to do, and hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, but I haven't really found anything this specific on the forums yet, and I imagine it can't be that unique of a problem, since everything was great Sunday night, and this just happened when the servers came back up and the new launcher was pushed out.
Thanks for reading this.