Community Member

Default Error Disconnected From Server? HELP

Alright my friends told me to give this game a look at and start playing with them. I looked at gameplay and thought it was cool. So i started downloading with Steam. It took ages, but i thought it would be worth it, and at first i thought that i might lag or my computer would be to crappy to play (I have a pretty bad computer, but better then my friend who can play this game fine) So I download the updates and went in the game and created my character. When i loaded up the world i couldn't move and there was something that said error in the chat (it was like failed to load something) So i was stuck there not able to move jump or anything. Then my game closed and said something like LOST CONNECTION TO SERVER. At this point i tried it again 3 other times and once on another server (I played on the one with Ar or something like that) so one of my friends told me to do a repair install or something like that with steam. It said 31 files were missing -.- So then instead of downloading those 31 files again it decided to redownload the whole game again. So i waited and woke up to the new update. I downloaded the update and started to play... Same thing happened. so now im stuck and need help. The big thing is that I never really get bad Ping or connection while playing games. Usually a really good connection and as for framerate, when i wasnt able to move i could still turn and punch and there was no lag. I even set it on the lowest graphics and tried that and it still didnt work. I need help, and it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    P.S. My internet's Wi Fi, not the best but i usually never get bad connection. Also the first time this happened Windows FireWall opened but i told it to stop blocking it.
    Last edited by SirTripz; 07-15-2013 at 03:26 PM.

I am having the same issue and I have been playing since last November so its not your PC something else is up. Dont give up on the game yet it is awesome to play, I'm gonna see if anyone else has posted about this problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mandyb View Post
    I am having the same issue and I have been playing since last November so its not your PC something else is up. Dont give up on the game yet it is awesome to play, I'm gonna see if anyone else has posted about this problem.
    Thanks for looking it over. I was looking it over but couldnt find anything.

Community Member

I Know many other people have a problem similar to this, and its solved buy just logging in again. That still doesn't work for me. Anyone have even a slight idea? I'm really excited to play this game and my friends are getting bored. ANY help would be greatly thanked.

There seem to be more problems than usual with this particular patch, at least as far as logging in. Usually the server disconnect is a slight interruption of your internet connection, which can cause serious problems if you're using WiFi. As it is, I'm having to re-install just to get the patch itself. Hopefully it works this time, and hopefully it works for you soon.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elxir View Post
    There seem to be more problems than usual with this particular patch, at least as far as logging in. Usually the server disconnect is a slight interruption of your internet connection, which can cause serious problems if you're using WiFi. As it is, I'm having to re-install just to get the patch itself. Hopefully it works this time, and hopefully it works for you soon.
    Thanks but it was a couple days before the patch this started happening.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTripz View Post
    I Know many other people have a problem similar to this, and its solved buy just logging in again. That still doesn't work for me. Anyone have even a slight idea? I'm really excited to play this game and my friends are getting bored. ANY help would be greatly thanked.
    um im in the group of people who solve this problem by relogging back in..........anyway I guess bump this thread hope someone else can help you.

Community Member

Recently having downloaded and installed the game, i played several days on Sarlona game world. Next time i wanted to log in on Sarlona, i couldn't move ingame, except rotating and looking around, which probably doesn't require data to be sent to the game server. A few seconds later receiving the error "disconnected from server". Having thoroughly checked my internet security software settings (using Panda Internet Security), firewall, network settings, ... Still the same problem logging onto Sarlona. When trying another game world (Ghallana), i have no problems logging in. I wonder someone else got this same issue? Must be a problem with the DDO game servers instead of a soft/hardware problem on the pc, i guess. Hope this helps.

Community Member

Default same thing

have exactly the same thing, have been playing for years. But since maintenance monday morning most of the time I get exactly what you describe above. I was able to get on a few times, but 97 % it doesn't work, and of course I am getting form letter replies from support giving me tips on how to rebuild my computer , because the fault has to be me. If I hadn't just bought the expansion I would take game off computer, I may just throw the 50 bucks away and **** off this game.

Me too, same issue since one of the updates. Often, on my first login, my friend's list doesn't work or I can't move and get the "lost connection with the server" problem, where it just shuts off the game. Then I start it up again and it's fine.

No idea how to fix it - I've checked my firewalls, DDO is listed as an exception, so no problem there.