Default Launcher not working after todays update

OK I did the update and when I go to launch and put in my name and password an press login the following window pops up. The window is titled "Fail to launch client" The message in the window says,"Error logging in" and "Error creating SSL Context ()". I am using Windows Vista OS. Anybody else getting this?

I don't have the same error but can't log either.

Could not patch file "corestrings.dll", error 5.

I'm using windows XP.

Tx

Default Exact same issue

Quote Originally Posted by RedDw4rf View Post
    OK I did the update and when I go to launch and put in my name and password an press login the following window pops up. The window is titled "Fail to launch client" The message in the window says,"Error logging in" and "Error creating SSL Context ()". I am using Windows Vista OS. Anybody else getting this?
    im having the exact same issue..went to tech support and they are just giving me the run around..if you come up with a solution please reply and let me know and ill do the same
    May Your battles be swift and your nights be peaceful
    Copen Hagen 17/3/5 Fighter/Paladin/Epic

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uglaw_DaMok View Post
    im having the exact same issue..went to tech support and they are just giving me the run around..if you come up with a solution please reply and let me know and ill do the same
    Same issue with the SSL context error...really frustrating
    I managed to get a call threw but person on phone was less that helpful.....First it was the beta Server now the main server
    Help I need a DDO fix !

I'm having launcher issues as well, but different from those above. My launcher opens up and where it normally has the login stuff it's just black with the word "Initializing. ..". There's also a nice blank space below where the announcements usually are. I let it sit like that for about 15-20 minutes and I get nothing.

I've tried rebooting and nothing. All the ddo programs have access on my firewall as well, still nothing.

All my drvers are up to date and my windows xp is also fully up to date. I've tried all the troubleshooting ideas in the customer support page and nothng there works. Anyone else have this issue and a fix for it? I suppose I should just call customer support but most days it seems like a root canal would be more enjoyable and quicker...

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Well calling customer support took far less time than I thought it would. Of course, it had the result I was expecting. I was told to submit a ticket....

Did that, now let's see how long it takes for even the expected canned response.

This game has been such an absurd grind that I’d rather stick my junk in a beehive than make another toon.
    An expansion . .. with a set of packs for each plane to come out every month or two . . . it'll be like crack to Whitney Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    I'm having launcher issues as well, but different from those above. My launcher opens up and where it normally has the login stuff it's just black with the word "Initializing. ..". There's also a nice blank space below where the announcements usually are. I let it sit like that for about 15-20 minutes and I get nothing.

I've tried rebooting and nothing. All the ddo programs have access on my firewall as well, still nothing.

All my drvers are up to date and my windows xp is also fully up to date. I've tried all the troubleshooting ideas in the customer support page and nothng there works. Anyone else have this issue and a fix for it? I suppose I should just call customer support but most days it seems like a root canal would be more enjoyable and quicker...
    Some people are having similar problems if they have ie 10 installed instead of ie 9, my guess is that since xp only does ie 8 this may have something to do with it. The question is do others with xp have the same problem, if so then we know that something has gotten horribly horribly broken for all xp users.

For what it's worth, I'm running XP 64-bit. Updated fine on my end.
    "I gots me a bad feeling about this..."

Quote Originally Posted by GrrArgh View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm running XP 64-bit. Updated fine on my end.
    hmm not as simple as just an xp problem then.

Default Error creating SSL context []

so sad..
    getting same error after patch this morning..
    Error creating SSL context []
    i submitted a ticket as well. hope they can fix the problem.
    =[

btw i had same error when attempting to log into lamannia for the last 2-3 days,
    but my main game was fine till patch..
    i'm using windows xp

EDIT: this fixed mine.

1.uninstalled lamannia client and regular ddo client and removed icons. then restarted cpu.
    2.updated windows entirely.
    3.restarted computer.
    4.used a previously dl'ed old dndsetup that was in my documents folder to install ddo.
    5.let it patch all the way up.
    ~took forever and idk what part of this actually did the trick, but it worked for me.
    Last edited by VONGOBLYN; 07-16-2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: fixed problem
    ~ VONGOBLYN ~
    3rd Life PM Wizard/Rogue.
    Retired Guild Leader: Heroes Of The Hinfolk.
    Server: Ghallanda

Well I wound up uninstalling the game then reinstalling the game last night. Took over an hour for initial download, then forever to install. Once you get it to install and bring up the launcher it downloads again for about 40 minutes updating things I guess. You would think the original download would be fairly up to date but I guess that would be expecting too much. Well anyway it fixed the problem and I am back on.

Red face awesome!

Well I wound up uninstalling the game then reinstalling the game last night. Took over an hour for initial download, then forever to install. Once you get it to install and bring up the launcher it downloads again for about 40 minutes updating things I guess. You would think the original download would be fairly up to date but I guess that would be expecting too much. Well anyway it fixed the problem and I am back on.

re: cool man! glad that worked for both of us..
    even though it took forever.
    ~ VONGOBLYN ~
    3rd Life PM Wizard/Rogue.
    Retired Guild Leader: Heroes Of The Hinfolk.
    Server: Ghallanda

Urgh. This is the one step I didn't want to try. But after my two canned responses yesterday and no responses to my email attempts today....

*sigh* Cross your fingers for me.
    Last edited by MalkavianX; 07-16-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Community Member

I'm also getting launch errors, but different from any of those posted here, yet obviously a result of the Monday July 15th update. (I'm on Windows 7 SP1, 64 bit)

Everything was working beautifully before Monday's server downtime and new launcher. I've spent the past two days troubleshooting, and no success (followed all the steps of the online support for the errors I've gotten, re-installed the game three times now, re-installed .NET Framework 1.1, MS Visual C++ runtime). Submitted support ticket to DDO (haven't heard back yet).

System:
    Windows 7 SP1 64-bit (latest updates and drivers)

The launcher behaviors & errors I'm now getting:
    1) "Turbine Launcher has stopped working" (basically crashed during "Update Programs")
    2) "Unable to decrypt and de-serialize the data downloaded from the server" (Task: Retry, Progress: Failed)
    3) "There was an error generating the hash code for a patch file." (also occurred during "Update Programs")
    4) The launcher configuration settings dialogue is not functioning properly (check boxes do not appear as checked, radio buttons cannot be selected).
    5) Oddly enough, if restarted, the launcher will occasionally continue to attempt to run and periodically fail with the message: "Done applying [some number] patch(s). [some number] total bytes downloaded" (The number of patches changes unpredictably, sometimes 1, 5, 32, sometimes 0).
    6) The launcher will occasionally appear to be functioning and reach the "Dat files" task, showing that the "Iterations" task has successfully completed and has a status of "Done!", however during the "Dat files" task it will freeze showing the following:
    "Task: Dat files, Progress: 0%, Status: client_gamelogic.dat-10847". Below appears a test message and progress bar. The text message shows, for example: "Downloading file 3 of 7820 (535 bytes / 535 bytes)". And the progress bar is filled with blue squares (with a white background), and shows "100%" (the black 100% text is barely legible in front of the dark blue squares).

I don't know what else to do, and hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing this problem, but I haven't really found anything this specific on the forums yet, and I imagine it can't be that unique of a problem, since everything was great Sunday night, and this just happened when the servers came back up and the new launcher was pushed out.

Thanks for reading this.

Unhappy Still not working.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and mine still doesn't work....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Benmart333 View Post
    this happend to me, till i looked at me firewall. i use kerio control for my firewall and this is what kerio stopped.

IPS: Packet drop, severity: High, Rule ID: 1:2009930 ET MALWARE User-Agent (User Agent) - Likely Hostile, proto:TCP, ip/port:10.0.0.14:24812 -> 74.201.102.13:80 (gls.ddo.com)

that is the login attempt to finish updating the DDO files. once i disable this rule, the client was able to work. this could mean something bad or someone really is a poor programmer. not sure...

you guys tell me.
    Last edited by abroehl; 07-17-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benmart333 View Post
    Idid also...still not working here =/

Default Fixed!!!

ok guys been searching for many days and finally found the prob that was causing me the Error creating the SSL context...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

its a Microsoft visual c++ 2008 Redistibutiable thingy

Community Member

Default Launcher problem

Hi, i'm looking for help whit this problem : "An update error occurred : Failed to load patchclient [Cannot load libary patchclient]" , i install game 5 times.
    http://www.sendspace.pl/file/eef1603cd3771f9adfdf300 screen
    Plz help.

Community Member

Default Just wanna say! You sir are awesome!

Wow....this is the fix! Thanks man I just installed xp and had issues....did this and bam it works!