Hybrid View

Community Member

Default bladeforged iconics suck.... which they do NOT do on live...

So. Lets assume you play a straight bladeforged, splitting your points between just sacred defender and your racial points.

The racial points are what make bladeforged what they are... At 15, if you spend 15ish points in your racial pool, you simply do not have enough points to splash kotc with sacred defender. What does that mean? You are effectively gimped. Trying to get use out of my racial means I lost things like extra lay, extra turn, that 5 hp 1 sp damage attack thing, so on so forth. In fact, generally speaking, I am so much more inefficient that it just isn't funny.

The one advantage is that I can spam (for a limited time) reconstruct, which keeps me up a very large amount of time, which sort of offsets the loss of hps, but certainly does not make up for the bits I lost that I can only get from kotc.....

All racial trees have this problem now. We need spread in several class trees and the "points spend in the tree" thing implies that there is few APs to spend on the racial tree. And of course, in the racial tree we must also respect the points spent in the tree and there are s lot of things linked.

Racial trees are not currently very functional. See halfelf dilettante... very expensive. Now the good races are those with strong racial benefits. Racial enhancementes not count much, because they are too expensive with this system.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

I have that problem on my Shadar-Kai, only worse. I want to spend something like 34 points in that tree.
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alavatar View Post
    I have that problem on my Shadar-Kai, only worse. I want to spend something like 34 points in that tree.
    Wow thats a lot of points.... I don't know anything aboud shadar-kai, but I could see spending a few more points in my racial, perhaps 20-25 points total.... -_-, which I have no clue where I could get.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Yeah, points spend in the racial tree need to count for spending prereqs in class trees. Perhaps fully might be a bit too much, but at least half of them should be taken into account.

Otherwise the opportunity cost of investing in racial abilities is very high, to the point of even reaching not-affordable territory.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post
    Yeah, points spend in the racial tree need to count for spending prereqs in class trees. Perhaps fully might be a bit too much, but at least half of them should be taken into account.

Otherwise the opportunity cost of investing in racial abilities is very high, to the point of even reaching not-affordable territory.
    Agree completely.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus View Post

I'm not sure this is necessary for all races, but i think you may have a point as far as iconics are concerned.

Iconic racial trees are supposed to be more enticing/more supportive than the other racial, as well as tied to a specific class, so it'd make sense if the first core in the iconic tree said something like "As you progress further down the path of the lord of blades, the ways of the paladin become more clear to you. For every 2 points pent into this tree, the tier cost of your paladin enhancements is reduced by 1(aka, t5, normally 30pts, would require 25pts if there were 10pts spent in tree)