Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Personally I hope vip's never get beta access to expansion. Why? Simple. You had the chance to buy it like everyone else for guaranteed access before june 3rd or 5th depending on which advertisement you read.
    If they allow vip access the last week, what does it matter waiting 1 more week till full release anyways. If you bought it you will get full advantage then, if you didn't you will get the changes that effect everyone then.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Personally I hope vip's never get beta access to expansion. Why? Simple. You had the chance to buy it like everyone else for guaranteed access before june 3rd or 5th depending on which advertisement you read.
    If they allow vip access the last week, what does it matter waiting 1 more week till full release anyways. If you bought it you will get full advantage then, if you didn't you will get the changes that effect everyone then.
    Generally speaking VIPs are the more intelligent players (I mean why buy a sinking ship when you can rent) so we'll offer far more intelligent things for Turbine to ignore.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Per the terms of the NDA, I can confirm that I don't make stuff up.
    Cool thanks! So open Beta first week of August probably.

I'm definitely impatient to find out what's going on with enhancements and gear. Pretty weird to be left with the second draft of the new enhancements... are they going to nerf defensive strikes or not? are they going to give spellpower to wolf druids, rangers and pallies? Limbo sucks.
    Last edited by SerPounce; 07-15-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Generally speaking VIPs are the more intelligent players (I mean why buy a sinking ship when you can rent) so we'll offer far more intelligent things for Turbine to ignore.
    I may be putting my tinfoil hat on here but I think you have answered your own question from a previous post.

1 - They give CB access to those that have pre ordered the xpack which I think will consist of the fans that like the changes or at least think they are okay and at the same time lock out those that hate it and refuse to buy it. This allows them to skew data to show peeps want this mostly and tells us if you wanted to have any say in anything you should have paid up.

2 - They allow everyone to give feedback in that 2 weeks before it goes live so they can say you had a chance and we listened....but really their data is all gathered and it's just for show.

Being vip or premium or f2p has nothing to do with anything.
    Last edited by SilkofDrasnia; 07-15-2013 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

So here I am having bought the pack and therefore can do the beta.

NOW I have purchased it so I think I am (any everyone else who purchased it) entitled to voice my/our opinions on what we think may be wrong or may not be wrong so that Turbine van look at what we say and adjust accordingly if they want.
    Now all of you that have not purchase it Will get your chance to view the content before it goes live and if you don't like what is there THEN DONT BUY IT and do not moan about it either, you had your chance to buy it, participate in it, and comment on it and turned it down so NO CRY BABY later

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    I may be putting my tinfoil hat on here but I think you have answered your own question from a previous post.

1 - They give CB access to those that have pre ordered the xpack which I think will consist of the fans that like the changes or at least think they are okay and at the same time lock out those that hate it and refuse to buy it. This allows them to skew data to show peeps want this mostly and tells us if you wanted to have any say in anything you should have paid up.

2 - They allow everyone to give feedback in that 2 weeks before it goes live so they can saw you had a chance and we listened....but really their data is all gathered and it's just for show.

Being vip or premium or f2p has nothing to do with anything.
    I like your tinfoil hat. I do think its lopsided that people with beta access who pre purchase the expansion get to preview the enhancements also which affects all of us and doesn't matter if you buy the expansion. it would be nice to put my 2 coppers in to the development, even if the devs don't listen. Turbine has said they want our input numerous times, but we have to have beta access to have a better hands on experience than the screenies and the word of mouth? if they wanted our input on it, they should have allowed everyone to at least preview Lamma. I think it would be a nice thing to do in general that could sway peoples decision to buy.

Community Member

Default Its really a mercy. ;-p

I'm a VIP and I'm actually OK with not getting beta access. At least this way I won't have to suffer a burst of nerd rage when all of the many bugs that get reported in beta are completely ignored and sent live and the promises of "oh don't worry we know the exp is abysmal but its just a place holder and it will be addressed before going live" are not followed through on. Plus of course the usual bs of being told that they've fixed something which it then turns out they haven't even done cursory testing to see if the fix actually works.

At least I can be disappointed without foreknowing what I'm going to be disappointed at. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    So here I am having bought the pack and therefore can do the beta.

NOW I have purchased it so I think I am (any everyone else who purchased it) entitled to voice my/our opinions on what we think may be wrong or may not be wrong so that Turbine van look at what we say and adjust accordingly if they want.
    Now all of you that have not purchase it Will get your chance to view the content before it goes live and if you don't like what is there THEN DONT BUY IT and do not moan about it either, you had your chance to buy it, participate in it, and comment on it and turned it down so NO CRY BABY later

If the only thing being previewed were the new quests and loot, I would be fine with not being let in. The fact that they are previewing the next revision of the enhancement pass which ALL players, no matter if they are F2P, Premium or VIP, will have to deal with stinks.

I can't choose NOT to but the enhancement pass. I can choose to NOT preview the latest quests, but I imagine that I won't get to see them on Lamannia anyway since I did not purchase them.

Therefore your argument seems a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    If the only thing being previewed were the new quests and loot, I would be fine with not being let in. The fact that they are previewing the next revision of the enhancement pass which ALL players, no matter if they are F2P, Premium or VIP, will have to deal with stinks.

I can't choose NOT to but the enhancement pass. I can choose to NOT preview the latest quests, but I imagine that I won't get to see them on Lamannia anyway since I did not purchase them.

Therefore your argument seems a bit silly.
    The enhancement pass was on Lam before the closed beta, not long before but it was there

Quote Originally Posted by DogMania View Post
    The enhancement pass was on Lam before the closed beta, not long before but it was there
    couldn't get in still. I tried. even so, there have been changes to the enhancements since and supposedly more could change now.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    couldn't get in still. I tried. even so, there have been changes to the enhancements since and supposedly more could change now.

There have been, nothing revolutionary, but all positive and addressing issues that we have raised. One of the concerns that was raised was the lack of a Devotionesque option for some classes to boost Positive Spell Power. I'm no longer concerned about that.

Community Member

Default The surveys on Lam help alot

I don't think Lam is dead I think the surveys are beneficial because it allows us to provide our feedback without getting into arguments on the forums. I prefer to use surveys instead of seeing my comments getting buried in a sea of forum comments.

I would like to see Turbine add general surveys that can be responded to once every 6 months and a survey for each expansion/update that can be responded to only once. I think this would be much better feedback than they get from the forums.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Nice flame bait. Shame nobody really likes you enough to give a real response. So I'll just give a half-baked one. Anyone who believes Turbine's VIP actually stands for "Very Important Person" is a sucker. Likewise anyone who believes they're somehow saving money is terrible at math.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 07-16-2013 at 05:52 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Nice flame bait. Shame nobody really likes you enough to give a real response. So I'll just give a half-baked one. Anyone who believes Turbine's VIP actually stands for "Very Important Person" is a sucker. Likewise anyone who believes they're somehow saving money is terrible at math.
    It's Very INTELLIGENT Person.

Again, why buy a sinking ship when you can rent it and get 10% bonus XP?

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I don't think Lam is dead I think the surveys are beneficial because it allows us to provide our feedback without getting into arguments on the forums. I prefer to use surveys instead of seeing my comments getting buried in a sea of forum comments.

I would like to see Turbine add general surveys that can be responded to once every 6 months and a survey for each expansion/update that can be responded to only once. I think this would be much better feedback than they get from the forums.
    That sounds a lot like the Net Promoter Score. Its a system my company has recently embraced, and I really like it. It changes the way you look at interactions with customers.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Again, why buy a sinking ship when you can rent it and get 10% bonus XP?
    You're paying constant recurring payments. I paid for the content once. I now "own" it for the life of the game. Once you go beyond approximately two years, owning all the content is cheaper than renting.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 07-16-2013 at 03:54 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

You're paying constant recurring payments. I paid for the content once. I now "own" it for the life of the game. Once you go beyond approximately two years, owning all the content is cheaper than renting.
    but.. but we have increased public run speed. you cant buy that from the store. its these uberawesome perks that make me renew every year

$99/year. I spend that a month on coffee (I think, pulling completely out of the air).

I love DDO, it's fun but man it's long in the tooth. A this point I'd never consider "buying" any of it.

$99/year. I spend that a month on coffee (I think, pulling completely out of the air).

I love DDO, it's fun but man it's long in the tooth. A this point I'd never consider "buying" any of it.
    Meaning you don't own MotU and don't intend to buy Shadowfell?

Incidentally, I found your "VIPs are smarter" joke funny.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Meaning you don't own MotU and don't intend to buy Shadowfell?

Incidentally, I found your "VIPs are smarter" joke funny.
    Own both, didn't pay for Shadowfell. Don't need to as long as people are willing to P2Win.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast